Password   forgot password?
 < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
2 of 25
Clone Zone Cafe Open For Business and Mischief
Posted: 25 July 2017 02:12 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2001-02-26

Haha…yeah…considering how long this site/forum has been up you guys are among my oldest friends!

Signature 

Owner & Head Coach: Zor’s Dozen
2007 Robotech Fantasy Football Champion
2004 Robotech Fantasy Baseball Champion
Morning Marauders: “Strike Hard…Strike True!!!”©
Clone Zone Loiterer®
Commander VFH-323 *Gargoyles* TASC Squadron

Posted: 25 July 2017 05:54 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  528
Joined  2001-02-18

I shouldn’t be complaining because it’s probably 19 seconds before we’re all all gone again, but I can’t get my old Lancer avatar. There was no better avatar than that one. Anyhow, I’m going old school Yellow Dancer then. Don’t like how the new stuff looks.

Signature 

It’s really hard for me to believe, given how the situation has played out, that I used to think Britney Spears was hot in 2002.

2017 Update: Actually, I think she’s hot again. Good decision to get hitched.

Posted: 25 July 2017 06:39 PM   [ # 18 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  1065
Joined  2001-02-17

Ah a sign we are getting old when “change” is a bad thing. LOL I hear ya, getting used to the new forum look is a bit tough. I have this feeling like it’s a class reunion. Everyone is going to show up and then start going their own way again. At least for now, I am enjoying seeing so many long time friends. Keeping my fingers crossed that people will stick around a bit though.

Signature 

“I don’t want the world, I just want your half.”

Posted: 25 July 2017 06:58 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-18

Actually, I have the perfect job for getting into rt.com again. The only reason I disappeared is I got laid off back in the day. During my short time unemployed, I was sleeping in too late to get here. And then when I was employed, the new job didn’t accommodate rt.com.

Signature 

It’s really hard for me to believe, given how the situation has played out, that I used to think Britney Spears was hot in 2002.

Posted: 25 July 2017 07:03 PM   [ # 20 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-18

And yes, I am getting old. lol

Signature 

Posted: 26 July 2017 04:58 AM   [ # 21 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2001-02-26

Yeah…work and life get in the way of forum posting. Not to mention this new thing that came out called Facebook…before that MySpace…social media pretty much torpedoed forums/message boards. Still though it’s cool to see we’re all still around.

Signature 

Owner & Head Coach: Zor’s Dozen
2007 Robotech Fantasy Football Champion
2004 Robotech Fantasy Baseball Champion
Morning Marauders: “Strike Hard…Strike True!!!”©
Clone Zone Loiterer®
Commander VFH-323 *Gargoyles* TASC Squadron

Posted: 26 July 2017 05:18 AM   [ # 22 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  2099
Joined  2003-06-18

While I do miss the old colours, we will get used to the new layout and colour scheme in time. The thing that made RT.com great was its members which gave it a diverse and interesting community. Hopefully the new community (and those that come back) won’t suffer from the bad moderation that drove many members away in the past.

Let’s hold thumbs and hope for the best. You can see that there are so many of us with over 10 years of loyalty to the robotech community that have come back - lets hope we stick around.

Signature 

The Original, Rick Hunter.

Posted: 26 July 2017 08:04 AM   [ # 23 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  15243
Joined  2002-03-27

Yeehah

Signature 

#Not my president!

Macross forever

Posted: 26 July 2017 08:37 AM   [ # 24 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2002-03-27

Hey the gang is all here.
I’m still a janitor,but now @ the airport.
Yep still kicking,about to become semi retired.cheese

Signature 

#Not my president!

Macross forever

Posted: 26 July 2017 09:56 AM   [ # 25 ]  
Lt Commander
Total Posts:  9016
Joined  2002-04-11

The thing that made RT.com great was its members which gave it a diverse and interesting community. Hopefully the new community (and those that come back) won’t suffer from the bad moderation that drove many members away in the past.

I’m only here for Daily Points, Toga Parties and Penguin Jerky.  It would be nice to have the old community back to how it used to be.  Its a snowballs chance in hell, but there is always hope.

Signature 

Sie können mein Haar bürsten, ausziehen mich überall!

Posted: 26 July 2017 10:10 AM   [ # 26 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-18

The social media thing is true. We do all connect there now, but it was fun when we were all avatars. I actually don’t mind the color layout. It’s easier on the eyes, tbh. Just want me old avatar back. Anyhow, I just got back from vacation in Cuba. My family left in 1959 and no one has ever gone back. I’m the first. It was great. The place is laid back, and tourist oriented, nothing to worry about. The locals are all great people.

Signature 

Posted: 26 July 2017 12:10 PM   [ # 27 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2002-03-27
Captain GM Murdock - 26 July 2017 09:56 AM

The thing that made RT.com great was its members which gave it a diverse and interesting community. Hopefully the new community (and those that come back) won’t suffer from the bad moderation that drove many members away in the past.

I’m only here for Daily Points, Toga Parties and Penguin Jerky.  It would be nice to have the old community back to how it used to be.  Its a snowballs chance in hell, but there is always hope.

Lol:) let the fun begin.
I’m still the oldest RT member here:coolsmile:

Signature 

#Not my president!

Macross forever

Posted: 26 July 2017 12:16 PM   [ # 28 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2002-03-27
foodmart - 25 July 2017 06:58 PM

Actually, I have the perfect job for getting into rt.com again. The only reason I disappeared is I got laid off back in the day. During my short time unemployed, I was sleeping in too late to get here. And then when I was employed, the new job didn’t accommodate rt.com

Me too, actually @ the airport, there’s covey holes and closets. To hide every hour or so. Then there’s the weekend, no management there, and lazy people who don’t work. And I pretty much watch anime all day.cool grin

Signature 

#Not my president!

Macross forever

Posted: 26 July 2017 12:20 PM   [ # 29 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-18

I’ve got the same. Very little oversight as long as the work gets done. On Fridays, it’s a ghost town in the office. The parking lot is empty. Our mgmt is freaking out right now because we had someone quit unexpectedly and they feared we’d fall behind in all our metrics, but then we didn’t. Turns out that person was doing absolutely nothing all day and just putting on a big show about how busy she was.

Signature 

Posted: 26 July 2017 12:28 PM   [ # 30 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2002-03-27
foodmart - 26 July 2017 12:20 PM

I’ve got the same. Very little oversight as long as the work gets done. On Fridays, it’s a ghost town in the office. The parking lot is empty. Our mgmt is freaking out right now because we had someone quit unexpectedly and they feared we’d fall behind in all our metrics, but then we didn’t. Turns out that person was doing absolutely nothing all day and just putting on a big show about how busy she was.

What’s happening now is, Nov 1 new contractor taking over under the former one. So most likely less pay. And they’ll have the same thing happen like before.people not showing up,calling in can’t make and so on. But that will change for me August 1 applying for SSI. Semi retired cheese

Signature 

#Not my president!

Macross forever

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
2 of 25