Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
 1 2 > 
1 of 2
Did any Zentradi besides Myria have kids?
Posted: 11 March 2012 11:57 PM  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2003-05-17

I always wondered that.

Signature 

let’s get on with it

Posted: 12 March 2012 12:48 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2005-03-08

It is conceivable that there were other Zentradi children.  I would venture to say that some were Zentradi-Zentradi as well as Zentradi-human hybrids.  However, as the story is currently written, we don’t know about them.

It would be an interesting piece of speculative fiction.

Posted: 12 March 2012 02:50 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2012-02-10

By the way, since the Tirolian & Zentraedi were genetically similar to Earth human, literally could regard as another branch of human from other nations ( Just like Germany, France, Italy, Netherland & Russia ), so can we still consider the off-springs of Earth/Tirolian & Earth/Zentraedi as hybrids ???

By the time that the 3rd REF armada had come to Invid-occupied Earth, the Tirolian & Zentraedi that had assimilated into the Earth human population in the further away Earth colonies or even on Earth definitely had become part of human population, which almost all the Robotech fans have agreed.

Like Dana Stirling & Maia Stirling, they were literally human from outlook & internally, despite that their mother was female Zentraedi, & the rest of the REF human personnel had accepted them as part of them when we study the Robotech - The Shadow Chronicles & other later Robotech series.

So I think that we stop calling human / Zentraedi off-springs as hybrids now, don’t you think so? :101:  smile  :rofl:  :rofl:

Posted: 12 March 2012 06:00 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  509
Joined  2009-11-22

(ducks)

Posted: 12 March 2012 06:57 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  3290
Joined  2001-03-13

Depends on what continuity you look at:
Series:  Miryia and her off-spring are the only ones ever mentioned (Dana, Invid Warning Child, their brother Dana mentions to ZP)

TSC: Miryia’s from the series plus Mia.

Novels:  You had Miryia, Seloy, and a bunch of pure breed Zentreadi

Comics:  don’t know, but if they are related to the Novels it wouldn’t be much different I would imagine.

Scott does allude to the Zentreadi possibly being extinct by the time of NG story arc (“I don’t care if they go the way of the Zentreadi”-or something along those lines).

Signature 

Supreme Commander Leonard is an Agent of the Robotech Masters.

Posted: 12 March 2012 02:32 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  5686
Joined  2007-04-08

One darthsylver and I love to debate… 

We only know of Miriya, and the only hybrids we know of are Dana and Maia.  Even the brother mentioned may not be by blood.  The sister who warns Dana of the coming Invid could be Maia or a hallucination. 

Scott Bernard knew perfectly well the Zentraedi were still alive.  Maybe endangered, but who says “Go the way of the Giant Panda”?  The only way that makes any sense is if it is referring to a cultural extinction.

As for referring to them as hybrids, I will stop doing that when my neice’s children are no longer ‘biracial’.

Signature 

If it ain’t in the Robotech show itself… It didn’t neccessarily happen.

Thanks, Carl Macek, for introducing me to all these folks.  Even the ones who bug me.

Posted: 12 March 2012 09:16 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Joined  2012-02-10

Scott Bernard’s speech on ” I don’t care if they go the way of the Zentraedi” as seem in the Episode 9 of Robotech - New Generation, is definitely refer to that the Zentraedi had literally no longer existed as independent people of their own, but had largely been assimilated into human population & become part of human population by the time that 21st Mars Division had come to Earth.
This had to be so, because from the Robotech – Macross series, there were definitely many hundreds of millions or even more of the Zentraedi had survived the 1st Robotech War & they could not just vanish into thin air in later Robotech series. 

These also apply to dinosaurs, in which we all know that the dinosaurs do not exist anymore, but their direct descendent are still very much alive.
These are birds & mammals, which had evolved from dinosaurs over the nearly 65 millions years, so as to adopt & survive well in the new Earth environment . I think even human were evolved from the surviving dinosaurs in a very long time ago too.
Also, as a trained commissioned officer in REF, Scott Bernard definitely had been well-educated on the long history of Earth & humanity on Earth, so he would know what had happened to the dinosaurs & the Zentraedi at this time too.

The Zentraedi, as we knew their backgrounds when we had studied both the novels & TV series of the various Robotech series, could not survive alone as a race because they were clones that were artificially created by protoculture & Zentraedi had no ideas of what were families or even how to have off-springs. 
Worst, after the 1st Robotech War,  protoculture had become officially in shortage due to that there was no more known protoculture matrix existed & there were high demand for its usage in almost everywhere,  hence, logically, there was no way the Zentraedi could replace their lost numbers & the Zentraedi were doomed to extinct as time pass.
So if the Zentraedi had wanted to continue their bloodlines, they really need to follow the way of some much well-adopted dinosaur ,  adopted the new environment & join humanity to become part of it, so that through these way, the human could influence & teach them to have off-spring & continue with their lines.
Of course, the Zentraedi had to give up their own independent identity, but it was still worthy to ensure the continuation of their lines, especially that due to their very tragic & unhappy history, there was also no good reason to be independent Zentraedi that were no longer able to adopt to the new environment, just like those outmoded dinosaurs in Genesis Pit.

Of course, this was my view, which was much logical in explanation. I wonder whether other fans have much better logical explanation for Scott Bernard ‘s comments.  :101:  smile  :rofl:  :rofl:

Posted: 14 March 2012 07:46 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  1899
Joined  2007-01-16

According to Core continuity, the answer would be no.

The only confirmed Hybrids were from Max & Miriya and they are (in order as far as we know) are Dana and Maia.

Bringing Secondary Continuity into play (depending on who you ask what secondary continuity is) we have Anatole Leonard and Seloy Deparra who had a little boy named Hirano

This is not to say that there could not be more, just that we have not been informed of any others.

Signature 

If you’re not living on the edge then you’re just taking up space.

Posted: 14 March 2012 01:33 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2011-11-29

Unfortunately, owing to the continuity issues of linking three separate series into one storyline, unless they switch things up, there no other hybrids. It is strongly implied that all Zentraedi are/were micronized and deployed out with the SDF3.

Logically, there should be some left in service with the UEEF/REF and some remaining on earth. Just the same as logically, there should be some still out in the reaches of space, engaged in whatever tasks they were issued by Dolza or the Masters; garrisoning space stations/planets, defensive patrols against the Invid, recce, splinter groups searching for the SDF1… Unfortunately, logic plays very little role in the Robotech universe. Basically we have to wait and see what HG has to pony up in its plans for the future. My guess is not much, since they’ve sat on their Robotech laurels for years at a time in the past and seem to be doing the same thing again.

Signature 

“I will either find a way or make one.” ~ Hannibal Barca
“The journey to freedom is full of sacrifices, tears, hunger, clothes full of lice, blood and death.” ~ Dedan Kimathi
-85er-
A.k.L member

Posted: 14 March 2012 09:15 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2007-06-29

I tend to think the children would be in a intergalactic day care ,as their parents are doubtless busy being on duty. I am sure when off duty the parents and children spend time together as a family,probably why we don’t find alot of the hybrid offspring currently featured in ROBOTECH. That is my theory.

Signature 

RESCUE-1 has returned,as has the dreaded VF-72nd “HIGHLANDERS” RESCUE SQDRN. Immortales Animus curro solvo Get out of my skies scumbag!! The skies like our world belong to us !!

Posted: 14 March 2012 10:43 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Private
Joined  2012-02-10

I believe that logically, by the time that the 3rd REF armada had come to Invid-occupied Earth, there were already many off-springs of human/Zentraedi, Human/Tirolian, Tirolian/Zentraedi & Zentraedi/Zentraedi that had lived in the many Earth colonies, nomadic colony fleets of city ships converted mostly from giant-sized Zentraedi warships, Tirol, various bases operated by the REF & their allies & etc., like I also think that Lancer was likely to be a 2nd Generation Zentraedi.
They are not mentioned in the past doesn’t mean that they don’t exist, simply because all of them are not the focus of the storylines that are mentioned in the existing known Robotech series, so they are irrelevant to be mentioned out in the first place. 

At this time, 1st Robotech War had already ended for over 30 Earth years & logically, whatever unhappiness between Earth human & their genetically similar alien brethems were largely buried by this time, especially that the Earth human, Tirolian & Zentraedi had much more pressing problems to duel with over this period & they truly had to work together to overcome such challenges, as well as, the Zentraedi had literally assimilated into the human population & adopted fully well like Earth human.

May be it also applied to Scott Bernard too, his mother could be female Meltraedi, because he seemed to be strongly emotional when he said that the dinosaurs in Genesis Pit had gone to the direction of Zentraedi, in the Robotech – New Generation series, as well as, his mixed heritage can explain on how come he was readily more able to accept Ariel as his love, after knowing who & what she was.
( I believed Maia Stirling was not the biological child of Max Stirling & Miriya, but their adopted child because both her position as squadron commander of Skull squadron & her age did not fit the past events as mentioned in the earlier Robotech series, unless she was actually Aurona, known 2nd child of Max Stirling & Miriya, that had changed her name to Maia,  which was an explanation I find it to be very strange .
Might be Maia was the off-spring of Human/Zentraedi or Zentraedi/Zentraedi that had been adopted by Max Stirling & Miriya after the war with Invid led by Regent had ended )
Hirano & Seloy were just the two known off-springs of Zentraedi that were the focus in the storylines & that was why they had appeared in Robotech series.

Any comments from other fans ???
:101:  smile  :rofl:  :rofl:

Posted: 15 March 2012 07:13 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  1899
Joined  2007-01-16

Actually taking Marcus’s comments about “killing all aliens” I find it highly questionable that any aliens are actually working or breeding with humans.

Now I will grant that his comment may simply be personally frustration, but the fact that it was even uttered by anyone who is working in a “intergalactic” military situation implies (to me at least) that very few aliens are working side-by-side with the REF, much less interbreeding.

But like I said, it could simply be Marcus’s lack of awareness in relation to the status or acceptance of aliens.

Signature 

If you’re not living on the edge then you’re just taking up space.

Posted: 28 March 2012 10:16 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1711
Joined  2001-06-05

+1 on the Seloy Deparra child. 

if you add in ZentraedixZentraedi offspring then you have Drannin Tul, son of Breetai and Kazianna Tul (though they were never married, I just like referring to them as that). Plus, soon after Drannin was born, (in ‘EoTC), Lisa mentions that several of the remaining Quadrono’s got pregnant. (methinks that ‘Thar’s a fanfic in thar somewhar’!).

~&~&~&~

As one one the Semi-KcKinnyist minority, I do believe that Dana refers to Hirano Deparra when she tells Zor Prime that she has/had a brother.  I’m also of the belief that Aurora Sterling is Dana’s true younger sister (But I am wiling to compromise and say that Aurora would be the middle Sterling daughter with maia being the baby.)

But that’s just me.

KW

oh yeah, I’m also a big believer ( probably DA BIGGEST ) that there’s a Kravshera/Laplamiz offspring (or several) running around somewhere in the REF/UEEF (and by proxy the ASC). and I’m at least 45-60% sure that Annie ‘mint’ Labelle’ is somehow related to one of the Bridge Bunnies from TMS.

Signature 

Member of the K.I.L.L. and the all powerful SEVENTH BOTORU!!

Commander Kieran ‘Knightewolfe’ Kravshera
Commander: Kieran’s Elite
93rd Tri-thruster Squadron
7th Mechanized Division of the Botoru Battalion
Zentraedi Air Force

Posted: 08 April 2012 05:14 AM   [ # 13 ]  
Private
Joined  2012-02-10

When we watch the movie Robotech Shadow Chronicle, we find that Marcus had commented of “ Killing all alien “ is very likely mean only the non-human enemy of Earth in the 3rd Robotech War, Invid, out of his anger over the death of his comrades & sister in the war with Invid.
Marcus could not mean that he was going to kill the key alien allies of REF at that time, like Karbarran that manufacture weapon for REF & Haydonite that provide the Shadow Technology, before knowing of the Haydonite treachery.
At the same time, Marcus was very docile & obedient to Maia Stirling, even love her & willing to sacrifice his life for her, even after he had known that she was part Zentraedi.

So Marcus’s action toward Maia could clearly show that by 2044 AD, Zentraedi had been successfully assimilated into humanity in the faraway Earth colonies or human nomadic colony fleets & they were considered as part of human race by these separated human population that had left Earth some time back, no longer considered even something like “ Alien Human “.
Since Marcus was very likely to be born among the Pioneer Mission or in one of the Earth colonies, so like the rest of the human population that had left Earth some time back, he would be more able to accept Tirolian & Zentraedi as human, due to the same genetic make-up of Earth human & Tirolian & Zentraedi, never even regarded them as “ Alien Human “.
Besides, it had also shown that there were very likely many Zentraedi, might be even billions of them, had lived among the human population in Earth colonies & in the nomadic colony fleets, so Marcus had very likely got use to see many of them around him & to him, they were simply something that were very normal & easily accepted.

Of course, this is my personal view that tend to logically explain literally all the doubts & inconsistencies, as well as, avoiding disputes, doubts & questions to arise from this view later.
If any fans have a much better views, you can give your comments. I am readily accepted to the views if they are good & much logical. 

:101:  smile  :rofl:

Posted: 12 April 2012 01:56 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2002-12-05

We do see other zentraedi & human pairings in the original Robotech/Macross.  Had the bridge bunnies not been killed off, they may have had children with lolicon 3.  You can assume that other, less high profile, pairings would also have occurred and some of those resulting in hybrid offspring.  You may also expect to see natural zentraedi offspring from male/female pairings.

Posted: 20 September 2017 11:09 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-09-20
shep - 11 March 2012 11:57 PM

I always wondered that.

Seloy Deparra had a child with Anatole Leonard. The child’s name was Hirano.

1 2 > 
1 of 2