email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
ANIME-LA in Burbank, CA : Jan. 4-6, 2008
Posted: 06 November 2007 03:07 PM  
Site Admin
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  2004-09-29

Hello Everyone,

The 2008 Robotech Convention Tour kicks off the first weekend is January in Burbank, CA at Anime-LA, Southern Califorina’s other anime convention. Anime-LA has invited Harmony Gold’s Creative Director Tommy Yune, Marketing leader Kevin McKeever, Robotech.com Webmaster Steve Yun and Macross Dub Voice Actor Vic Mingnogna for a weekend full of informative panels and workshops.

EVENT LOCATION

Anime-LA has moved to a new location for 2008 and will be on January 4 – 6 at the following adrress:

Burbank Airport Marriott® Hotel & Convention Center
2500 Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505 USA
Phone: 1-818-843-6000
Fax: 1-818-842-9720
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/burap-burbank-airport-marriott-hotel-and-convention-center/?groupCode=ANEANEA&app=resvlink

DISCOUNT HOTEL RATES

Anime-LA has secured the following special room rates for those who wish to stay overnight at the convention.

Rates: $109.00 for regular rooms for single through quad occupancy. They are split between 1 King and 2 Double beds. Group Code: ANEANEA

The convention is working with the Marriott to block all of the Animé Los Angeles sleeping rooms in the East Tower. When you make your reservation, try and specify (if possible) whether you mind being on a quiet or noisy floor. If you are speaking to a live person and they don’t understand, just patiently ask them to make a note of your preference. The convention services folks and the Animé Los Angeles Hotel Liaisons will understand.

If you have any uncertainties in making your reservation or are told the convention rate is unavailable, please make a reservation for the dates and type of room you wish to have at Animé Los Angeles. Then email the name that the reservation is under and the confirmation number to your Animé Los Angeles Hotel Liaisons at:  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) 

Anime-LA will make the correction with the hotel and let you know it’s fixed.

To get the special Anime-LA room rate you must book with the hotel by BY FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2007.

EVENT REGISTRATION

Anime-LA has an attendance cap of 2,400 and strongly urges those who want to attend to pre-register in advance. Pre-registration rates for Anime-LA cover all three days and the rates are as follows.

Regular Pre-Registration

From 01-Aug-2007 through 15-Dec-2007, the rate is $45.

Student Pre-Registration

From 01-Aug-2007 through 15-Dec-2007, the rate is $40.

Anime-LA asks that you tell them what school you’re going to, K-12 or college; if K-12, we also ask for your grade level. Please bring your student ID to the Pre-Reg Pickup Desk.

Group Pre-Registration

Groups of 15 or more may pre-register for $25 each, provided that all of their names and addresses and fees are provided at the same time. A special form is available. Anime-LA strongly recommends making a photocopy of the forms before you mail them in.

“Parent in Tow”

Any paid member under the age of 15 (regardless of how much that member paid) may bring a grown-up for free. Grown-up doesn’t have to be a parent—can be a neighbor, step-parent, friend of the family, teacher, chaperone, et cetera.

You can Pre-Register online at the following link.
http://www.animelosangeles.org/ala/content/view/54/49/

More information about Anime-LA can be found here.
http://www.animelosangeles.org/ala/index.php

Join Harmony Gold and you fellow fans as we kick off the 2008 Robotech Convention Tour in Burbank, CA at Anime LA!

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

Signature 

Your BankofKev since 1998.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 19 November 2007 12:06 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1591
Joined  2005-04-20

Kev ~
I shall see you there.  I will be doing Programming Participant Check-In.

Anyone else going to be in attendance?

Signature 

Heart & Soul In Love with my True Love
Protoculture Bunny ~ Jades Fire
*OFFICIAL JELLYBEAN SORTER*
Clone Zone Lurkette
SCRT.comGC: Puss’n'Boots
RT Marine Corps"Katt Vader”  ~ Klah
Shameful member of the “locked and bumped” club—-thanks ZP!!

Posted: 19 November 2007 08:30 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2001-02-16

But things being the way they are…

I’m happy just to be home and FINALLY able to pay some bills.  Perhaps next time the Comic-Con happens in San Diego…

Signature 

This Robotech thing is so exciting, I just couldn’t give it up.- Roy Fokker
I know this sounds crazy but…will you marry me? - Max Sterling
RTMC, Jedi Grand Master Valkyreace, Captain R.E.F.S. Blackjack

Posted: 20 November 2007 01:53 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2002-09-29

My rooms booked, and it just depends on if my friend and ride can afford to go. If so, I hope to debut the final version of my Maximilian Jenius costume. It was made for last Fanime, but it needed to be refitted in the sleeves and such. Worse, in the rush, the colors for the collar and trim were reversed. I still need the collar remade. A finished belt would be nice too.

Signature 

“There is a real world; just nobody lives there.” A philosophy teacher at Baycon 03,
Wow, after two years I’m a Corporal now. How’d that happen?

Posted: 24 November 2007 04:56 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  9981
Joined  2001-07-03

I’LL BE ATTENDING.

NOT SURE WHAT DATES. BUT I WILL BE THERE.

Signature 

IF IT DOESN’T EXIST…..HECK, BUILD IT.

I “THE GOOD AND TRUE”, A SUPERMAN COMPLEX

L.A. ANIME EXPO-CON HERE I COME.
SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON HERE I COME

72ND AIRWING DRAGON SQUADRON
CPL. M.“MEMO” DOMINION
DRAGON 9

Posted: 02 December 2007 10:24 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2001-02-24

This sounds like it could be good.  I have that weekend off so I can come up from San Diego.  I don’t see what the exact schedule for Robotech related events is.

Posted: 19 December 2007 04:28 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2006-02-14

Dangit…

Signature 

I have a short fuse so don’t piss me off!

Posted: 20 December 2007 11:35 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Site Admin
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  2004-09-29

Hello Everyone,

Here are the panel times for Saturday January 5th!

Robotech in China - 12 noon - LP1

Robotech Industry Panel - 4 p.m. - LP1

Look forward to meeting you all there at the convention.

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

Signature 

Your BankofKev since 1998.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)