Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
 1 2 > 
1 of 2
Battlestar Galactica - a disappointment?
Posted: 08 January 2004 02:11 AM  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  117
Joined  2001-03-11

Ever seen the new version of the Galactica in Scifi-tv ( serie )? IT SUCKS!
I’ve got the DVD version of the old version of the Galactica ( also Final Fantasy , Cowboy Bebop , Neon Evagelion(full) ,Voltron),so I watch it again and again and it gives me much more fun than that Serie!?

Signature 

Ravenclaw

Posted: 08 January 2004 11:52 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2002-04-02

The new Battlestar Galactic was great.  I have the original series as well.  I prefer to view them as two seperate shows.  The new one is awsome when viewed on its own.  When seen through eyes of the original show, yes it does not live up.  Some times we need to step back and see if things can stand on their own.

Signature 

Down with Points!  Down with Ranks!

Nothing is ever fool proof.  Why?  Somebody will eventually build a bigger and better fool.

It is time for you to bend over, put your head between your legs and **** **** *** **** ***!

**** **!!!!

Posted: 08 January 2004 01:55 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2003-06-12

one was the best
so they change one or two of the charicter it only gives the story more depses

Signature 

*live and let die
*It’s better to have laugh with the sinners than to have cry with the saints
*With great power comes great responsibility
*what happen yesterday can not be changed, and tomorrow may never come, live life for the day

Posted: 09 January 2004 01:32 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2001-03-11

The producers using always the same trick ; take an old criteria ( star wars , xmen , galactica , etc…) , than decorate it with technical stuff ( fire effects , blowups , 3D based superious warmachines ) and a handsome actor.
But the only missing thing is FUN!The long talk scenes boring me..

Signature 

Ravenclaw

Posted: 10 January 2004 10:15 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  281
Joined  2003-08-21

..and the new BSG series you would notice that actually the new one takes place after the old one.

Cmdr Adama-Is Apollo from the original series
Cpt Apollo-the son of Cmdr Adama from the new series
LT. Starbuck-daughter of the original Starbuck
And so forth…

And Red Barion,they changed nearly all of teh characters, hell they even changed the cylons. I miss the old toaster bots that looked like they were about to fall apart at any second.

The New BSG veiwed from one who hasn’t seen the original-It was great. Too many talk scenes though

The new one viewed from on who has seen the original BSG (Me!!)- It was terrible.

Signature 

Shadow Squad
Captain Alex Bruder
Vf-71 Blitzkrieg

Rt.com’s Rogue/Spidergirl/Trinity
Quis Custodiet ipsos custodes?
“Who watches the Watchmen?”

Posted: 12 January 2004 08:22 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2001-03-11

Thanxs..

Signature 

Ravenclaw

Posted: 12 January 2004 08:25 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2001-03-11

Kann einer deutsch?
Kannst du deutsch gpilot06?

Signature 

Ravenclaw

Posted: 20 January 2004 12:11 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1669
Joined  2001-08-01

Not a sequel that takes place later.  It’s a new version of the same story.  I thought it was fine, a little darker than the original, but fun none the less.  Considering how niche the original was, I’m surprised by all the backlash.  I almost feel like people are having pointed opinions about it for no other reason than to have a contrary (and therefore seemingly sophisticated and informed) opinion.  Just eat some popcorn and relax.

Signature 

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side….I’ve never seen anything to make me believe there’s one all-powerful force controlling everything. There’s no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.

E.A.C.

Posted: 20 January 2004 09:15 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  401
Joined  2003-01-29

I didn’t catch too much of the original, but have seen a few eps.

I’ve noticed that thie new version is more scifi, intrige, and character, while the old one was more action.

But hey, that’s just me.

Signature 

Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Posted: 20 January 2004 05:44 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2003-01-24

would have been better if William Shatner had played Adama.  smile

Signature 

I wanna go back again. I wanna go back with my friends. I know it’s not a FANTASY! SuperBook’s so real to me! (Superbook theme song)

Posted: 21 January 2004 07:48 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1623
Joined  2001-02-16

Not campy, so it’s GREAT!

Signature 

Team Southern Cross!

Posted: 29 January 2004 11:36 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  474
Joined  2001-02-23

You have to look at the new and old BG as two different series.  I really like the new series though!

Signature 

When Mr. T went to McDonald’s, Ronald McDonald greeted him. What occured next proved to be the most violent beating of a clown ever recorded in human history.

When there is no more room in Hell, the DEAD will walk the Earth.
Dawn of the Dead

Posted: 30 January 2004 10:34 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  271
Joined  2004-01-21

I’m new to the show, so i’ve only seen the new one. But I think it’s cool.  smile

Signature 

Many claim they wish to destroy their enemies. If this were true, most would be compelled to destroy themselves.

Posted: 02 February 2004 03:39 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2003-01-24

The new one showed great promise, but had too junk in it.

Signature 

I wanna go back again. I wanna go back with my friends. I know it’s not a FANTASY! SuperBook’s so real to me! (Superbook theme song)

Posted: 03 February 2004 05:49 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2001-08-13

iv been watching battlestar galactica as long as i have been watching robotech.
everone keeps saying you shouldnt compair the new BSG to the original (original way beter with out a dought) and to just enjoy it for what it is. all i want to know is why cant we compair it to the original? after all it is based off the original, the story the charters everthing. (aside from the # of ships in the refuge fleet original 220 new somthing like 60) all i have to say is they messed up a good thing. there was no reson to make starbuck and boomer chiks. and what they did to COL tie thats just messed up….  i could go on for hours about how crappy it was but im sure you guys dont want to here that so i wont.

and acer they dint really take star wars and try to remake it for the 21st centry like they did with BSG. aside from when star wars first aired in the theater they had planned to one day do prequils to it. (hens the reson why the original star wars movie AKA “A New Hope” is labeled episode 4 unless you have a copy of the very original Video casset then thats not there).

Posted: 06 February 2004 04:21 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  700
Joined  2003-10-10

..and the new BSG series you would notice that actually the new one takes place after the old one.

The “new” one is a different series.

Signature 

“I don’t even know who ‘Brat Pitt’ is.” -Jan Michael Vincent

1 2 > 
1 of 2