Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Farscape Cancelled!!!!
Posted: 06 September 2002 11:43 PM  
Private
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2002-08-28

Straight from David Kemper, Ben Browder, and Rick Manning’s mouths. Farscape has not been picked up for a 5th season by Sci-Fi. Here are some links to check.

http://www.farscapeweekly.com/cancelled.htm

http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/SAVE_FARSCAPE

Please, Save Farscape!!!!!

Rommie

Signature 

ATTENTION: CORPORAL RICK HUNTER WAS SHOT DOWN TODAY WHILE ATTEMPTING TO FLY A BICYCLE!

Posted: 07 September 2002 10:30 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2001-06-17

Farscape Rocks!
its the only show I watch on sci muck channel…

Signature 

Glory to the principality of Zeon!
bringer of good and civil sci fi debates to the warzone.

Posted: 07 September 2002 11:00 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2001-01-30

Sci-Fi’s been cancel-happy for at least three years now. They had a major influx of good shows, with only Farscape making it this far, and now that’s gone out the window too with no good reason(just like the rest). Makes me wonder why anyone bothers pitching TV deals to them anymore. Also makes me wonder how long Stargate is going to last.

Signature 

“Cola makes the good times roll. Have a peanut.”

Posted: 07 September 2002 11:30 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2002-03-28

That was the only show worth watching on sci fi.  Except for old Star Trek and the occasional cheesy sci fi movie, that channel really has nothing.

Signature 

Come visit Arcadia:
http://www.arcadia-forums.com

Posted: 07 September 2002 08:00 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  128
Joined  2002-06-23

now has to be one of the worst ever. everything worth watching they get rid of. oh, well. have to either find a new channel or just keep watching my anime…

Signature 

72nd Airwing, Dragon Squadron
Corp. David “dragonsbreath” Broder
Dragon 11, Gold Flight
Is this all that’s left of my life before me,
Straight jacket memories, sedative high..
- Goeff Tate

Posted: 08 September 2002 02:38 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  1953
Joined  2001-02-16

I experienced the same disappoinment when TNT decided to cancel Babylon 5: Crusade before the first 13 episodes were completed. At least you guys got four seasons of it.

Signature 

Banned For Trolling

Posted: 09 September 2002 12:23 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2001-02-16

Fancy meeting you here Rommie69….smile

Well if FS is being cancelled…I am as shocked as amny of the shows’ fans can…be.  It is the premiere first run series of the Sci fi channel and…the stopping of production is rediculous.

Oh well, we have Andromeda..wink

Signature 

“Oh, well. It was gonna happen sooner or later”.......Spike Spiegel

Posted: 09 September 2002 06:06 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2001-09-29

New season starts in January with Criton and the gang going to Earth in 1985. (where season 4 finale left us)...This would be season 5!!!!

I’m not sure where you heard it was being canceled???

Remember - there was a rumor on the internet a few months ago about this season being the last for The Simpsons, well it was just a rumor too!!!

Signature 

“In war, everyone’s a casualty”“In every revolution, there’s one man with a vision. -James T. Kirk"If it’s not fun, why do it?”

Autobots Roll Out!!! -Optimus Prime

Posted: 09 September 2002 06:50 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  386
Joined  2001-02-15

if this is a rumor i’m going to be almost as disgruntled as i am if it wasnt… because i mean c’mon i already typed up a letter to send them… should i wait to find out wether this is a rumor or not before i send it?

Signature 

One of the mighty Triumphant Taco Triumvirate!!!“One day, if you’re lucky, i’ll introduce you to Seloy Deparra.” -Max Sterling, The Zentraedi Rebellion

—young whippersnapper #38,935,230.45Y

—Supremely cool RT.com Girl’s club:  Toast Queen

Posted: 09 September 2002 07:04 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2001-09-29

I found this at Farscapeweekly.com. This was released after the TV Guide article was written(last Friday)...

They have a online petition if your interested.

The story so far: Anthony Simcoe spoke in an online chat (references abound on other sites), laying some blame on Henson’s owners, EMTV. Rockne O’Bannon has weighed in, however, and says that while EM had some involvement, the main culprit is SCI FI. Late this afternoon (Sunday, 8 Sept), organizer Barbarella confirmed this information: basically, SCI FI wanted to pay less for Season 5, and EM TV refused to lower the price, so SCI FI cancelled. That’s it in a nutshell, folks, all bona fide, verified information. We must focus our efforts on SCI FI, although letters to EM, advertisers, and other media outlets to get the word out certainly help as well.

Signature 

“In war, everyone’s a casualty”“In every revolution, there’s one man with a vision. -James T. Kirk"If it’s not fun, why do it?”

Posted: 09 September 2002 08:18 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2001-09-29

in January 2003…

I hope another network like USA, UPN, WB or TNN will pick up the show!!!!

A sad day indeed!!!

Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2002 11:01 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  128
Joined  2002-06-23

pick it up… i’m sorry to say…. becasue usa owns scifi..

as to the others… it would be a huge boon for upn.. they can’t keep the wed 9-10 spot after enterprise filled… but that would be just a pipe dream.

we’re not even half thru season 4 yet. so at least they still have time to wrap it up…

Signature 

72nd Airwing, Dragon Squadron
Corp. David “dragonsbreath” Broder
Dragon 11, Gold Flight
Is this all that’s left of my life before me,
Straight jacket memories, sedative high..
- Goeff Tate

Posted: 10 September 2002 06:48 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2002-08-16

I cant believe the shows these networks are cancelling or not picking up.
Farscape was a great show yet they cancel it. There isnt anything else even half as good.
what do they have besides that, stupid dark angel or some pathetic mutant x junk.

Also they didnt pick up the new babylon 5 series The Rangers, plus they canned the crusade series.

These TV networks are really out of touch.

Signature 

“When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon…”“...you just have to outrun the halfling.”