Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Who think G-Gundam was bad?
Posted: 26 August 2002 12:03 PM  
Corporal
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2002-05-06

I thought G-Gundam was one of the worst Gundam series ever made. It might have topped the charts above G-Saviour. It takes a lot to go that low. I thought the dark suits were pretty crappy with four legs and one eye and the dark Gundam looked like a snake attached to a spider. It really looked like crap. I barely got through two episodes! One thing I thought was decent was the music though. Who here agrees with me? This is a suprise for me because I am a big 0083 and Gundam Wing fan. I can’t believe it went this low!

Signature 

“I’m never gonna have another dream again… they hurt to much when they die.”
-Rick Hunter (Robotech : Genesis)“The God of Death is back from Hell!”
-Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing)

Posted: 26 August 2002 02:17 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2002-08-05

G-Gundam is an okay series once you get into the sixth episode, its nice to see that there still some series where they built up the plot and force you watch several episodes into the show to determine if it is any good.

Signature 

Will work for anime.

Black Aces Squadron
Ensign
Black Ace 22
Veritech Air Group 01
http://www.macrossrpg.com/

Posted: 26 August 2002 04:22 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  422
Joined  2001-02-15

‘Mobile Fighter G-Gundam’ is an interesting change for the series. It adds another dimension to it and keeps it fresh. The characters and the unpredictabilty of it are great! The four-legged mobile suits can transform their legs into two actually, or a booster rocket! Points for crazy coolness right there! THAT’S WHAT ANIME IS ALL ABOUT! SHINING FINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the D-Gundam, that’s one wicked design! Strange, but quite appropriate . . . besides . . . there’s more to than meets the eye.

I say more power to it! Definitely better than G-Saviour by like thousands of miles. This one is up there at the top. Domon and the gang are some of the most varied and interesting/strong characters I’ve seen in the Gundam series.

I reccomend EVERY fan of Gundam, Robotech, or mecha give it a try; you might be pleasently suprised.

Skull 23 out!

Posted: 26 August 2002 04:23 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  145
Joined  2001-02-16

Man, why haven’t you been watchin’ it this whole time? Domon Kasshu kicks!!! Listen, I know those dark army thingys are kitanai, (That means nasty in Japanese) but the show is great!
And another thing, now excuse me for sayin’ this, but “barely got through two episodes” isn’t going to cut it. Some shows start out not bein’ what you expect, when I first watched Robotech I hated it!
All I’m trying to say is, give G Gundam a chance.
I do love the ending theme, I could listen to it over and over again.
And personally I hate 0083, but I do love Gundam W!
But please, please don’t diss on the show that you’ve only watched a few times, things take time…and that’s how it is!

Ja Na minna-san
Kayura

Signature 

Peace is but a shadow of death
Desperate to forget its painful past
Though we hope for promising years
After shedding a thousand tears
Yesterday’s sorrow constantly nears
And while the moon still shines blue
By dawn it will turn to scarlet hue

Posted: 26 August 2002 04:45 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2001-02-20

at first i didn’t like it but then I start laughing at the bad lines and idiocy in it.  and when DBZ moves started i laughed more.  Overall not the greatest but worth a look for sure.  and the music is okay.

though as i have found with most gundam series i have seen i hate the main charecter but love the some of the sub charecters.

Signature 

The earth turns beneath
My feet walk along this path
Destination Lost

Posted: 26 August 2002 10:10 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  229
Joined  2001-02-17

I think most UC gundam is better and the only thing worse than G gundam is Gundam W. if you just read a couple topics down there is already a topic bout this.

Signature 

“Doth Thou Desire Power?” Grahf from Xenogears

Posted: 27 August 2002 08:04 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  227
Joined  2001-06-04

i thought master gundam was the coolest thing since epyon hit american airwaves.  well that and any ms char pilots.  I had already known that master was going to show up but i still think he is cool.  Anyways stop bashing the show and just enjoy it for what it is, a new anime in america that most people have yet to see.

Signature 

Only posers shop at Hot Topic, real punks can’t afford it.
Ask questions, get kicked!
Young Whippersnapper no.32x

Posted: 27 August 2002 01:57 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2002-08-05

Sick of people bashing good or decent animes because they aren’t like the original. Yeah G-Gundam is a gundam series but it has a different plot some thing with Gundam Wing. Yet people dis them because their not like the original gundam series. I think everyone would dislike them if the were clones of UC gundam series, in fact I heard people say they hated V-Gundam. Instead of holding show like G-Gundam and Gundam Wing to the standards that the other gundam series were held to you will find that they are decent or good series.

Signature 

Will work for anime.

Black Aces Squadron
Ensign
Black Ace 22
Veritech Air Group 01
http://www.macrossrpg.com/

Posted: 27 August 2002 04:12 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  145
Joined  2001-02-16

You said it man! Sure they may use some scenes over, but it’s a great anime! I’m glad there’s anime fans out there like you Shadow Skull, you rock! ^.~

Ja Na minna-san!
Kayura

Signature 

Peace is but a shadow of death
Desperate to forget its painful past
Though we hope for promising years
After shedding a thousand tears
Yesterday’s sorrow constantly nears
And while the moon still shines blue
By dawn it will turn to scarlet hue

Posted: 28 August 2002 11:59 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2002-07-16

...all you critics who’s sense of fullfillment is high that you judge as quickly as you would contradict those who judge your favorites quickly…

Signature 

“We have to pay for all we do,
we never think before we light the fuse…
look up,look up,look up the sky is falling…”
                    Lancer/YellowDancer

Posted: 29 August 2002 07:08 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  396
Joined  2001-02-16

The series is definitely different in terms of use of mecha and originality. I can see it definitely set the stage for Wing, in a lot of ways…

Still, I still can’t help but raise an eyebrow when a guy in his gundam exclaims he has a “shining finger” attack. lol.

Signature 

Call down the thunder…and I’ll reap the whirlwind.

Posted: 30 August 2002 01:47 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  537
Joined  2001-08-15

but then again so does fungus

Signature 

Once a Khyron, always a Khyron!

Wayward minion of RAVENCHAN!

GO ARSENAL GO!

Posted: 31 August 2002 01:35 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2002-08-30

The first 10 episodes are boring but all the other episodes after that are good. Everybody thinks G Gundam sucks because they never seen the whole series.

Signature 

“This hand of mine glows with an awesome power, it’s burning grip tells me to defeat you, here I go, SHINING FINGAAA!!”
- Domon Kasshu

Posted: 01 September 2002 07:21 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2002-07-16

i agree…

Signature 

“We have to pay for all we do,
we never think before we light the fuse…
look up,look up,look up the sky is falling…”
                    Lancer/YellowDancer

Posted: 05 September 2002 10:51 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2001-06-17

Shinging Fingaaa!!!!!!!!
Rise shineing Gundam!

Signature 

Glory to the principality of Zeon!
bringer of good and civil sci fi debates to the warzone.