Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Cowboy Bebop
Posted: 07 March 2001 03:44 AM  
Private 1st Class
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2001-02-19

Did any one see this one, I thought that it was one of the most incredible series I have ever seen.  Deep plot, it goes from action, comedy, sorrow, pain, ass wupin’.  It has it all, plus the music is done by the same woman who did Macross plus.

Signature 

“All your base are belong to us!”“HA, HA, HA!”

Posted: 07 March 2001 04:24 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2001-03-03

I borrowed the 1st dvd from a friend and watched all 6 episodes. I thought it was a refreshing change from most animes. I’m hoping that he gets the rest of the dvd’s because I don’t have the money for them. my friend also got most of the music of napster, I like the whole jazz atmosphere it has. If I ever get the money I’ll get the entire series and the soundtrack, but robotech comes first.
Just curious, have you ever scene (Vision of) Escaflowne? It’s an incredible series w/a great soundtrack all anime fans should watch it, but avoid the horrible fox kids version they butchered the music and dialog.

Signature 

I was born to hurt! And you will feel my pain!

Posted: 07 March 2001 05:47 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Private 1st Class
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2001-02-19

My roommates have it on vhs, but I really don’t have all that much time for anime anymore.  I try to find time, but you know how it goes.  Both of my roommates are super anime fans, unfortunately they tend to lean tword the hyper obnoxious cutey anime crap.  I.E. Kodno Omacha (not sure of the exact spelling, I hate it all the same) and Card captor Sakura, both of these are in japanese.  I just can’t stand adolescent female Japanese voice actresses screaming at the top of there lungs in an irritating fashion for 16 minutes at a time.
Phew… That was a lot.

Signature 

“All your base are belong to us!”“HA, HA, HA!”

Posted: 07 March 2001 06:30 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2001-02-27

No doubt the classiest anime package I’ve seen. Yoko Kanno’s score is exceptional.

And thats my two cents.

There… I said it.

Signature 

“I’ve got more action than my man John Woo… And I’ve got mad hits like I was Rod Carew”.

Posted: 07 March 2001 07:16 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2001-03-06

<a > is just a little eye candy. It’s probably full of info about the upcoming movie but it’s all in japanese.
http://www.newtype-net.com is a great magazine site that has alot of info on stuff…Now escaflowne has a movie also.It’s nothing like the series but I hear its realy dark.  It’s time to hit the conventions and call the fan subs.

Signature 

Life is easy….paying for stuff you don’t need is hard.

Posted: 07 March 2001 10:29 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2001-02-19

I saw one episode, it looked pretty cool.

Posted: 07 March 2001 12:35 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2001-02-16

I’ve only seen one chapter of the series (the first) and think it’s great, after watching several chapters of Trigun (a great series) I think CB is much better, hope to see more chapters soon.

Signature 

At least, be human.

Posted: 08 March 2001 07:28 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2001-02-16

COWBOY BEBOP is the best looking and best sounding (thanks to Yoko Kanno) anime series I’ve ever seen. The plot is a bit thin at times, but this series is really all about style over substance, anyway. It’s part John Woo flick and part Brat Pack caper movie. You simply can’t beat that.

Posted: 08 March 2001 09:31 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  224
Joined  2001-01-30

I love Cowboy Bebop!  My anime club here in town is actually watching that this semester for a series, along with Berserk (if you haven’t seen this one, DO!!!).

Allpow, I hate to break it to ya’ but I’ve seen the first 24 eps of Kodomo no Omocha… it’s really not all that happy, actually.  It hides behind a hyperactive main character, but she’s actually got a pretty dark side to her… And then there’s the male lead… talk about messed up!

Anywho, if you guys like Bebop, try and find Berserk either in fan-you-know-what, or even better when it gets liscenced (I think I heard a rumor to that effect).  It’s a midevil, fudal lords type a thing, but it’s very, very good.

Berz.

Signature 

Berzerker_prime"How about a cross-genre story, one that brings Jack Bauer to the Realms to ‘question’ Volo about his sources?” - Elaine Cunningham.

Posted: 09 March 2001 03:56 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2001-02-20

Cowboy Bebop is deep. It may not seem that way, but trust me, there’s a LOT of symbolism, hidden motives, etc. Go to this messageboard and read some of the posts in the “sessions” forum. You’ll see what I’m talking about.

http://pub26.ezboard.com/bcowboybebop

Signature 

The intellectual athlete accurately rapping so rapidly yet he makes perfect sense mathematically - Canibus

I speak in frequencies dogs would have trouble hearing/ Canibus is the lyrical version of German engineering - Canibus

Posted: 09 March 2001 06:03 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2001-02-16

Damn I can’t wait for the movie!! Oooh… what’s this… Ah! Megamissama movie on my roomie’s HDd! I’m outta here….

Signature 

-Me and a couple friends of mine are engineering majors. We’re gonna build a Yf-19 if it kills us.

Posted: 10 March 2001 03:25 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2001-02-27

One of your roommates haunts this board wink

As for super cute, he is referring to Kodomo No Omocha (Child’s toy) and (I’m guessing) Sailor Moon (I can’t stand the English Dub). I’m understand his distaste for the squeeky voices, it’s an aquired taste.

I wish I had been able to finish the series off when APBob watched it, but I was the one short on time then *Sigh*, now I could watch the rest, but, sadly it’s gone.  I got through to Ep 18, it is indeed excellent… Of course it’s Shoji Kawamori (Mecha designer for Macross)... smile

—-Aabh

Posted: 13 March 2001 02:06 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2001-02-15

Yep, it’s a great series.
I saw the ending coming, but that’s only because I think all great series should end like CB does.
Mushroom Sembada is one of my favorites though, it’s histerical!

Signature 

“It’s sad to say, but humans have their limitations. Oh they try to build up their bodies, raise their consciousness, but they can only go so far.
You must have a personal understanding of that now.” - Laucorn Gaudimos