Password   forgot password?
 1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4
My gosh… Im pregnant!
Posted: 18 March 2002 12:19 PM  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2001-06-17

I just found out yesterday… I am pregnant! But I am very scared… I dont realy want to have a baby, and yes I did have protected sex and took some birth control pills, but it is a fact that sometimes those factors dont mean you cant get pregnant… so I am very very terrifyed right now becouse I cant afford a baby and I am afraid of a misscarrage, so heres the debate: should I have a abortion or not? I was thinking about it becouse of what I might have to go though, my parents got married becouse my mom got pregnant with me and soon massive arguements broke out between mom and pops… I do not want my kid going though the same thing I did so… WHAT THE SMEG DO I DO!!!!!

Signature 

Glory to the principality of Zeon!
bringer of good and civil sci fi debates to the warzone.

Posted: 18 March 2002 12:43 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  1552
Joined  2001-02-16

I can’t imagine anyone would make something this serious up (forgive me for saying so niami1)so…

There are a number of things to consider; some of which you have already mentioned.  Can you provide and care for a child?  Will this be your responsibility alone, or will your parents and/or the father help you?  Are you in school?  Is there someone at your school and/or your place of employment that you can talk to about services that may be available to you?  Can you live with terminating the pregnancy?  How far along are you?

I have my own views on abortion, but I’ll leave them out of this.  Ultimately the choice is yours.  It’s your body.  You have to make a decision that you (and possibly your child) can live with!

To others - please, let’s not turn this into a debate on abortion.  Let’s show some compassion and try to help her out! 

Signature 

No, I will not change my icon.

Posted: 18 March 2002 12:51 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Sergeant
Joined  2001-06-17

as far as what you said well: 1: I cant provide for myself as mutch as provide for a kid.
2: I hope not. 3: just finishing high school 4: yes. 5: I dont know. 6: I am two months pregnant according to the doctors…

Signature 

Posted: 18 March 2002 12:52 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2001-11-16

You’re asking for abortion advice on a ROBOTECH WARZONE FORUM???? Come on, get real. I don’t know who’s crazier, the person who asks this, or the people that actually believe it and go along with it.

Signature 

Hard Rock Saves the Space!

Posted: 18 March 2002 12:53 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2001-02-17

Well I don’t know what to say. This is very serious. As far as having a abortion is concerned, I think that if you are going to do it, do it soon before the fetus actually develops more into a person. Its more humane that way.

I’m actually not pro choice or a pro life person because I believe every situation is different, like yours. In my opinion if you aren’t ready to be a mom, then you shouldn’t be forced to be a mom. Therefore abortion, although as horrible as this sounds, appears the best course of action to take.

If you do have an abortion though, I’d reccomend going thru some counseling after. I’ve had friends who have had abortions that while they were fine physiclly, it was an extremely emotional time for them. In your case, it certainly couldn’t hurt to seek out as much help for yourself as possible.

But in the end it is your choice. I wish you well with whatever decision you take.

Signature 

You want to be greedy when others are fearful.  You want to be fearful when others are greedy.  It’s that simple. -Warren Buffett

Posted: 18 March 2002 12:55 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Sergeant
Joined  2001-06-17

I am dead serious about this… I came here becouse I concider all of you my freinds, even those who despise me… I came here to ask more advice then just my off web friends…

Signature 

Posted: 18 March 2002 01:06 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Commander
Joined  2001-02-16

I know what you mean, but I guess I have to believe that niami1 wouldn’t be dishonest about a subject that many of us take so personally (at least I hope so).  Call me crazy…

niami1, talk to your guidance counselor!  Talk to an adult at your school who you can trust and confide in!  Let them know the situation, and perhaps they can point you in a direction where you can find some help.

From your response i get the feeling that this is something you think you will have to handle alone.  Chances are, this isn’t the case!  I

Regardless, there is not much more we can do here other than support you!  Now, go find someone who can help you!!!

Signature 

Posted: 18 March 2002 01:38 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Commander
Joined  2001-02-16

I’d hate to sound like a jerk, but I’m beginning to question the validity of your earlier statement.

Exactly how “scared” are you if you are responding to posts about Star Wars “vs.” posts (No offense, Alpha1!)!

Signature 

Posted: 18 March 2002 04:11 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2001-08-28

than an unwanted child.  If you decide to have your child and you don’t feel ready for em’ you may develop resentment toward the child.  You may blame your child for stopping you from doing all the things in life you wanted to do, but couldn’t because have a child will stop your dreams cold.

It’s not fair for the child either, to be raised by a parent who will not give them a stable upbringing.  If you are not ready, you are not ready.

You could always give up the child for adoption and hope it winds up with a good family if you aren’t comfortable with abortion, but if you do decide to have an abortion you should do it soon before more months go by.

I hope I was some help to you.  Just remember that it’s your body and your life.  I wish you well.

Signature 

Check out my bands @ http://www.slabarmy.com and www.mp3.com/thecripplingeffect

Posted: 18 March 2002 05:08 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  125
Joined  2001-11-14

first off…

Korhaler:  how could you be so cold?  I’m serious.  I may not know niami1 very well…in fact I just read some of her posts from time to time.  But she always seems nice and cheerful.  She came here because MOST people here are friendly and understanding.  now granted this IS the warzone but who cares?  She probably came here because she thought that RT.com was a warm friendly place where you can find SOMEONE who would understand.  see?  We are all suppose to be friendly and understanding DESPITE our dis-agreements. 

Rossi:  Sometimes people deal with things by trying to go on as if nothing is wrong.  This post was her cry for help.

niami1: As others have said already.  Its your body, your mind.  YOU have to deal with the events that take place after you make your choice.  The father may be there to help but…its still YOU that has to live with it.  I have little opinion on the matter of abortion.  So whichever path you choose…is your choice.  I believe that there is no wrong choice in this matter.  If you are a religious person I would suggest…praying to your god.  If you go to church or a mosque or whatever your religious center is called…I would suggest talking to your religous leader.  like a priest or rabbi.  anything.  Praying CAN, for those that believe, be the greatest method of healing.  Its all in what you believe.  all we can do on RT.com is support you and give you our words of wisdom.  I wish you luck.  I hope that whatever choice you make…will end up being the best for you.

Signature 

Benjamin “Gemini” Ayanami
*RETIRED* Grand Admiral
Demon 02
105th Airwing
Demon Squadron
———————-
AIM: GeminiWave
Yahoo: GeminiWave
MSN: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 18 March 2002 05:40 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2001-08-07

Hey Niami, I am sorry to hear about the problem you have.  Before I give my opinion just let me say something to Korhaler…..

Korhaler - U know dude I take alot of crap from people.  Hell I let people call me just about anything they like.  However there are two things that I cannot stand. 
1. Someone calling me or insunating that I am a liar.
2. Someone calling a friend of mine a liar.

I think you really need to back off.  Yeah so I dont know niami that well, but like all the other regulars that I talk to (or argue with) I consider her a friend.  At least she is being honest instead of using the ole ‘A friend of mine…’ line.

Moral of the story, if you really want to attack niami like that or if you continue to do so, then I WILL stick up for her using EVERY means and trick necessary.

Now for Niami…

I am not a pro-lifer or anything but I really think abortion (in this case) is totally wrong.  There are times and circumstances when abortion is ok, but this unfortunately is not one of them.

I can see that you have thought about this seriously which is good.  Naturally (as the others have said) whatever decision you make is yours, and I dont think any of your friends will look at you differently no matter what you decide.  I personally would look at giving the child up for adoption if you definately can’t keep it.

The reasons for this is, just think of the joy you will be bringing to the life of people who obviously for some reason cannot have a child of their own.  Add to this the fact that in this day and age, it is quite common for adopted children to locate their biological parents and become very close to them down the track.

With this option you will not have the guilt that comes later associated with abortion, and if it is done correctly you can actual get a fair bit of happiness from watching the prospective future parents excitement build as you pregnancy progresses.

Well those are my thoughts.  I think just about everyone has presented great ideas (talking to professionals etc), and as such I wish you all the best of luck and hope that things work out for you.

Posted: 18 March 2002 07:39 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2001-06-12

I agree with Tequilla on this one. I am sorry to hear about your problem and feel honored that you came to us, your friends for advice.

At this time you have several paths you can choose.

1.) Your concerns over not being able to afford the baby, the fear of miscarriage and the concerns of bringing a child into a possible “strained” relationship, and your undecidedness show responsibility toward the child.

There are assistance programs that can help you through the whole thing if you decide to keep the child. It wouldn’t have to be forever, just until you could finish school, and get yourself established financially.

2.) Agreeing with everyone else, it’s your body, your life and your choice. Aborting the pregnancy will resolve the immediate problem. But like mentioned, it is important to seek the emotional counciling. (sp?) Don’t carry bad feelings alone.

Keeping the child healthy and carrying it to term for adoption is also a choice you have. For the reasons mentioned in the last post.

Although none of these choices are easy, they each have a level of difficulty, I am sure you will have reasons why one is better for you than the other. The choice you make is the right one for you.

Thank you for trusting us… we ARE your friends! We will stand by your decision and know you made the right choice for you and the baby. I wish you the best!

Just be healthy! We are here if you need friends to lean on for emotional support.

Signature 

MK-II “Monsters” rock my world!

Posted: 18 March 2002 07:44 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2001-11-16

My goodness, some people are just so gullible :p Someone comes onto a website and comes to, of all places, the warzone, to have a debate on whether she should get an abortion.  AND NO ONE SEEMS TO THINK THIS ODD…..
Go back to being the peacekeeper that started fights to “police”, it was more interesting then this :p
And please Tequilla, don’t hurt me!!! Don’t use those tricks(like making up another person and starting a fight with yourself, then royally messing up by replying to yourself with your own name) against me! I’m scared! :’(!

Signature 

Hard Rock Saves the Space!

Posted: 18 March 2002 07:54 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  125
Joined  2001-11-14

dude…what I really want to say to you now…I wont.  y?  becuase that could get the tread deleted and I think niami1 should be able to read all this positive support shes been getting.  SO *censored* OFF!!!  Oh and Teq?  I’d help you on taking care of this guy but I’d be worried about getting kicked off.  Lets take him outside.  heh.  seriously tho.  Its your mind and Body niami1.

Signature 

Benjamin “Gemini” Ayanami
*RETIRED* Grand Admiral
Demon 02
105th Airwing
Demon Squadron
———————-
AIM: GeminiWave
Yahoo: GeminiWave
MSN: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 18 March 2002 08:23 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2002-02-11

First off I am hardly old enough or experienced enough with life to be giving first hand experience on this subject.  But over the years I have lived I achieved a certain moral code for myself.  The choice is ultimately yours, religions, family and the opinions of complete strangers cannot have any effect on you if you want to make an educated decision on this subject.  I think the first thing to ask is if you can se yourself as a mother at any time in your life, or to narrow it down at any time within the next few years.  If the answer is no then perhaps you should not have this child.  DO you consider yourself responsible enough to have this child.  This one you may want to seek assistance with since ones view of themself can be tainted.  If the answer is no, then perhaps you shouldn’t have this child.  But most of all can you honestly say that you can support a child?  Is it really worth bringing a child into the world if the child is going to be forced to live a bad life?  That I will not interject my opinion on.  I have said my say and hope you make the choice that you want to make.

Signature 

I don’t expect kittens to fight wildcats and win: I merely expect them to try
-Robert A. Heinlein

Posted: 18 March 2002 08:38 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2002-03-17

Abortion is no good . You’ll get rid of this baby and have the guilt of taking a life. you have a company going and a husband { right?} . Even though <U>you[/em] may not be able to afford taking care of this baby , friends and family WILL help you.

You have many options here, plus your own special baby in the making. If you have an abortion you will deprive him or her of Robotech { Keep happy}
Think before you act

Signature 

What if the hokey pokey is really what its all about?

hAS ANYONE SEEN MY cAPSLOCK KEY?

Two wrongs don’t make a right, but three rights make a left.

Why do we want to look like people who don’t eat?

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4