Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
mysterious cities of gold
Posted: 03 March 2001 05:23 AM  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2001-02-18

i loved this show from day one! i could not get enough of it. it was shown on the abc (australia) i think three times as a series in the early eighties.

i would love to get my hands on either the videos or dvd’s of this series (if available). i have heard that there are dodgy videos of the series around, but they are only available in french(the series was a french/japanese colaboration). if anyone has heard of them being readily available in english through legit. sources i would be greatful for some info. thanx.

Signature 

“to be a teacher and a leader of mankind you must first live as all men” - nkm

Posted: 03 March 2001 11:51 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2001-02-16

I recall there being a website on this subject about two years ago that was linked off of anipike.com…. but it is probably gone by now.

Posted: 03 March 2001 01:29 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  448
Joined  2001-02-15

I just checked out anipike, there are several links to that series.  Incidently I too watched this series on nickelodeon along with spartacas, sun beneath the sea (my two favorites at the time).  My friend was able to download several mpegs of it, if that helps.

Signature 

Infinite Dreams, I Can’t Deny Them!

Posted: 03 March 2001 02:41 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  448
Joined  2001-02-15

I was surfing along on one of the websites and came across a section that mentions a sequel to cities of gold….thought you might be interested.  keep in mind it’s a fan page, but who knows http://home.ptd.net/~crimson/sequel.html

Signature 

Infinite Dreams, I Can’t Deny Them!

Posted: 04 March 2001 04:52 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2001-02-18

cheers for the postings, i’ll check it out.

Signature 

“to be a teacher and a leader of mankind you must first live as all men” - nkm

Posted: 04 March 2001 01:26 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2001-02-16

Actualy, the original series was a France/Japan team effort, and the original creators are considering a sequal right now! Altought it wil be in french and japanese first. (Moi ça marange, je parle français!)

Signature 

Then man made the machine in his own likeness, thus did man become the architect of his own demise.
-The Animatrix, The second renaissance.

Posted: 04 March 2001 05:32 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2001-02-15

Gods, I absolutely loved this show when I was a kid!  For a while I thought that it was just a made-up memory but then I found stuff about it while surfing the Internet and I was like, ‘I was right!  It’s real!’  I’m so glad to know that I ain’t the only person who remembers it.

Signature 

All this advanced technology and they can’t put in an elevator?!

Posted: 05 March 2001 08:07 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2001-02-19

Nickelodeon was actually a great source for anime back in the day. The Lost Cities of Gold, Belle and Sebastion, Anime versions of Grimm Fairy Tales. It was quite impressive. And, though it is not anime, who could forget The Tomorrow People and You Can’t Do That On Television! You know, I noticed that they still slime people but do any of the viewers even know where it came from anymore?

Signature 

“The good guys always win, even in the eighties.” -Ace, Megaforce Commander"There can be only NONE!” -Captain Murphy, Sealab 2021