Password   forgot password?
 < 1 2
2 of 2
Escaflowne
Posted: 25 February 2001 05:27 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2001-02-20

Fox took the horrible dub off the air. No anime deserves to be screwed like that, especially Escaflowne. It’s bad enough the these American companies feel that they have to ‘Americanize’ everything like Funimation did with Dragonball. But hell no I don’t want them messing up Escaflowne. Imagine; if Escaflowne were successful despite all the butchering that was done to it, other American companies would think “oh, we should Americanize all the anime we can get so it can be successful on TV.” And that’s a load of crap, Gundam Wing’s dub proved that an anime can be brought over in its original form and be succesful.

Signature 

The intellectual athlete accurately rapping so rapidly yet he makes perfect sense mathematically - Canibus

I speak in frequencies dogs would have trouble hearing/ Canibus is the lyrical version of German engineering - Canibus

Posted: 25 February 2001 07:51 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  347
Joined  2001-02-20

And neato plot, even if the ending seemed to lack a certain something to me.

The last couple of episodes were very rushed. The series was originally supposed to be longer (I think 36, perhaps 49 episodes - TV series in Japan run in groups of 13), but for whatever reason (budget, I think) it was shortened about half-way through. Shame, really. It was going good, then kinda petered out at the end…

Signature 

“I will vouch for his character! I saw the entire thing .. because I was there. I was in it. I was .. And they made a very agreeable thump. Or did I mention that?”
—G’Kar to Marcus in Babylon 5:“A Late Delivery from Avalon”

Posted: 26 February 2001 03:19 AM   [ # 18 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2001-01-30

I haven’t seen this one yet though I’m planning to real soon. I heard it was very good and can’t wait for the chance to see it. I just have one question though. What’s the name of the blonde person? Is there even a blonde person in there? *shrugs* I think I recall seeing a blonder person on one of the banners…anyway, yeah. That’s my question. ^_^

Signature 

All we are is dust in the wind.

Posted: 26 February 2001 05:17 AM   [ # 19 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  347
Joined  2001-02-20

I just have one question though. What’s the name of the blonde person? Is there even a blonde person in there?

There are a couple, but if you’re talking about the blonde guy with long hair, odds are you’re talking about Allen Schezar. He’s a knight, and a very accomlished warrior, both on his own and when pilotting his Guymelef, Sherezade (hope I spelled that right).

Of course, one of the interesting things about Escaflowne is that *nobody* is exactly what he/she appears to be. They all carry around secrets - some major, some minor. And Allen is no exception. I won’t spoil it for you, and I don’t think the Fox version got that far. But look for it - makes things that much more realistic, IMO.

Signature 

“I will vouch for his character! I saw the entire thing .. because I was there. I was in it. I was .. And they made a very agreeable thump. Or did I mention that?”
—G’Kar to Marcus in Babylon 5:“A Late Delivery from Avalon”

Posted: 27 February 2001 10:00 PM   [ # 20 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2001-02-16

Escaflowne was the first anime I ever actualy saw even though what i saw was the fox edit ( and after seeing the first dvd I can’t beleive they are actualy releasing the fox edit on video) it peaked my interest and i’ve begun buying the dvd’s
(I like to watch it in english then switch over to the sub it helps me keep things straight don’t ask me why) for it and a few other series as well

Posted: 28 February 2001 01:16 PM   [ # 21 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  501
Joined  2001-01-30

The DVDs that are now out, if I switch to the Japanese language, and I missing anything? I’m curious if it is lacking scenes, etc. or if it’s the exactly the same in that respect. If anybody can answer this I’d be very grateful smile Thanks smile

Signature 

If at first you don’t succeed… don’t try skydiving.

Liason to House Atreides and good dragons everywhere.

< 1 2
2 of 2
‹‹ Transformers vs. G.I. Joe      ulyssees 2021 ››