Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Trying to identify old model kit.
Posted: 09 May 2020 07:40 PM  
Private
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2020-05-09

I think it may have been macross or robottech.

This kit was from the 70’s or 80’s. It had a giant robot where part of the kit came off and turned into a motorcycle and might have had a rider. The rest may have been a giant plane while not being a robot(or while it was attached.). I’ve seen some robotech bike transformers, it may have been like that. But that was then part of a larger model kit that attached to make a bigger robot. I don’t remember what it was, but it was a very interesting model. It did tend to fall apart though. It was not like a gundamn model with easy snap together stuff. it was all superglue and paint. And it probably needed some internal reinforcements, but I was not smart enough to add those at the time. I always really liked it, but I no longer have it and I’m trying to figure out what it was. I have a feeling it may have been robotech based.

I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXMNBeqJjHk

I don’t think this is it though. The bike would be a smaller portion of the larger model. It would come off and then be like a small vehicle for the rider or something attached to a larger robot.

Posted: 11 May 2020 10:26 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  163
Joined  2001-02-22

Interesting,  the video shows a cyclone armor that is stored (in the cartoon/anime) in the alpha fighter.  But it’s not like that in any toy I’ve seen.  By chance you have any other images of the vehicle?

Posted: 12 May 2020 05:28 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-05-09

That is not an image of the vehicle/model kit I had. That is one I found that was for demonstration purposes. That video is of a CyKill gobot that used a robotech/macross model. Apparently a bunch of similar things used robotech/macross stuff at the time like jetfire from transformers.

I don’t know what the toy model looked like I had anymore. I think it had a bike concept like in the video, but it was part of a larger robot it connected into and was probably part of the head or similar that came off the model to make a bike and possibly rider. I’m not sure what it was exactly. I wonder if it was some form of deluxe robotech model or something with the small vehicle inside the plane or whatnot.

Edit: Yea, one of the videos had a bike in the chest. I’m wondering if I had one that was the bike that came out of the chest. Although I think it was more complicated than that. Hard to say after this much time.

I think the size of the bike/motorcycle portion was signifigant. It was half to full length of a hand if I’m not mistake. depending on the size of the hand. And the normal model was at least 3 times as big or more. Not sure how much though.

I know I had the non transforming cyclone bike with the rider. I wonder if there was model of it that also transformed and attached to a plane model. Or if there was another series at the time with similar features.

Whatever it was, I think it did a lot of transoforming. And I don’t think it was a transformer.

This is near the proportion of the bike to the main body. Maybe the bike was a little bigger though:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/2d31Corv-fteWLrji4wrl3hpgYq8en92silEgBcIjCeAJMzAwZY35pwdCBVv0XmzL99T-QNWYXDXxDY6LQmfNmlm8lYFd3cucjA_1q2YQ8eruyq_lOInNzvrmiQVhLg9qJg8T8weoCZH0tzt91Jv_KlUu6NdeOw_aQiITNZbychsbByxJiU75ZHJnpzTDqPjNwe45Ih-1JLP28Hk5OrFvXwA

And everything transformed.

I’m also not sure if it fit into a small container in the larger robot or if it attached as part of the infastructure.

I am sure it all came in one model kit box though.

Posted: 18 May 2020 07:29 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2020-05-18

The defining characteristic of model kits is that they come in several small pieces that need to be assembled to make the final product. The kits we sell at Hobby and Toy Central come in a variety of materials, including plastics, metal, and wood https://www.upsers.online/

Posted: 20 May 2020 01:22 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2020-05-20

This is totally different kit as the latest one is quite different. It has a very different function can you please make a video tutorial on this latest kit as well. As college paper reviews video was not workable for me. So kindly on my request do that favor.

Posted: 22 May 2020 05:59 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-05-22

Building a model kit is one of the most rewarding hobbies – and in our opinion, the best. Tree Removal & Service serving Seattle WA and surrounding cities  The best way to get started is to first determine what subject you want to build.

Posted: 23 May 2020 02:22 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  163
Joined  2001-02-22
RoboNoob - 12 May 2020 05:28 PM

That is not an image of the vehicle/model kit I had. That is one I found that was for demonstration purposes. That video is of a CyKill gobot that used a robotech/macross model. Apparently a bunch of similar things used robotech/macross stuff at the time like jetfire from transformers.

I don’t know what the toy model looked like I had anymore. I think it had a bike concept like in the video, but it was part of a larger robot it connected into and was probably part of the head or similar that came off the model to make a bike and possibly rider. I’m not sure what it was exactly. I wonder if it was some form of deluxe robotech model or something with the small vehicle inside the plane or whatnot.

Edit: Yea, one of the videos had a bike in the chest. I’m wondering if I had one that was the bike that came out of the chest. Although I think it was more complicated than that. Hard to say after this much time.

I think the size of the bike/motorcycle portion was signifigant. It was half to full length of a hand if I’m not mistake. depending on the size of the hand. And the normal model was at least 3 times as big or more. Not sure how much though.

I know I had the non transforming cyclone bike with the rider. I wonder if there was model of it that also transformed and attached to a plane model. Or if there was another series at the time with similar features.

Whatever it was, I think it did a lot of transoforming. And I don’t think it was a transformer.

This is near the proportion of the bike to the main body. Maybe the bike was a little bigger though:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/2d31Corv-fteWLrji4wrl3hpgYq8en92silEgBcIjCeAJMzAwZY35pwdCBVv0XmzL99T-QNWYXDXxDY6LQmfNmlm8lYFd3cucjA_1q2YQ8eruyq_lOInNzvrmiQVhLg9qJg8T8weoCZH0tzt91Jv_KlUu6NdeOw_aQiITNZbychsbByxJiU75ZHJnpzTDqPjNwe45Ih-1JLP28Hk5OrFvXwA

And everything transformed.

I’m also not sure if it fit into a small container in the larger robot or if it attached as part of the infastructure.

I am sure it all came in one model kit box though.

Sorry, I’ve scoured the web and havent found anything like this.  I definitely don’t think its robotech. I checked the old revell model kits too. You have any luck?