Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Why did Harmony Gold not sue Playmates?
Posted: 02 April 2020 11:58 PM  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2020-04-02

Playmate toys wanting to save money combined both Exosquad and Robotech into one line were and didn’t bother telling Universal Studios (Exosquad) and Harmony Gold (Robotech) what they were doing. It’s still odd why Universal Studios stuck with Playmate, but Harmony Gold cut Playmate toy right when they found out, but also knowing they would win any case against Playmate, it seems that Harmony Gold did nothing or at least from what I could find out. Yeah, if there was a case both the one being sued or the one suing could request to have the files sealed for whatever reason, if the judge agrees. I myself in a personal case involving my Brother had his case sealed in part of the other people involved and my family, with the judge agreeing. PS it was not a huge case.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
new projects in mumbai runwal group dombivli real estate development consulting firms flats in dadar top builders in mumbai

Posted: 06 April 2020 03:44 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2020-04-06

Eh? WTF?

Posted: 25 April 2020 09:19 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Lt Commander
Total Posts:  590
Joined  2002-04-28

Uhhh, not sure where you’re getting this misinformation from (source?), but Harmony Gold licensed Playmates to make the Robotech Exo Squad line.  If you look at the packaging on that line, you’ll see the HG logo and trademark/licensing info.  Aka; its an official release, sanctioned by HG

Signature 

Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans
-Thomas la Mance

Bill S Preston:  “...true wisdom comes from knowing that we know nothing…”

Ted ‘Theodore’ Logan:  “Thats US DUDE!!”