Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Star Wars Ep.IX: The Rise Of Skywalker (Updated)
Posted: 22 December 2019 01:35 AM  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43353
Joined  2001-02-16

Just checking to see if anyone has seen the movie.

Is it:
Fantastic?
Great?
Good?
Okay?
So so?
Dismal?
Lousy?
Terrible?
Or…
Complete Garbage?

Be truthful.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 22 December 2019 11:56 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2001-02-15

I came in with very low expectations based on initial impressions I saw on social media and youtube so I was surprised to find out that I enjoyed watching it.  Overall I thought it was okay.  I get why some people felt that most scenes throughout the film didn’t carry much emotional weight or impact them emotionally.  In that regard, Rise of Skywalker reminded me a lot of Phantom Menace, which felt like a very fast moving series of short scenes full of spectacle and not much else.

In spite of that, I still enjoyed the film! Not total garbage! Ha. I’m glad the Skywalker saga is finally done and I can’t wait for what they do next in the Star Wars movie universe.

Signature 

“My most important professional accomplishment to date? Mastering the concerned look and nod.”
-Harvey Birdman, Attorney-at-Law

Posted: 22 December 2019 08:35 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16
Sinsear - 22 December 2019 11:56 AM

I came in with very low expectations based on initial impressions I saw on social media and youtube so I was surprised to find out that I enjoyed watching it.  Overall I thought it was okay.  I get why some people felt that most scenes throughout the film didn’t carry much emotional weight or impact them emotionally.  In that regard, Rise of Skywalker reminded me a lot of Phantom Menace, which felt like a very fast moving series of short scenes full of spectacle and not much else.

In spite of that, I still enjoyed the film! Not total garbage! Ha. I’m glad the Skywalker saga is finally done and I can’t wait for what they do next in the Star Wars movie universe.

Well… Supposedly there’s a ‘Lando Calrissian’ movie in the works, but with the less then stellar performance of ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’, we’‘l have to see if that moves forward.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 30 December 2019 07:14 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

Well…

Finally saw the movie a few days ago. I thought that it was fairly decent. It was pretty much what I was expecting, aside from the whopper reveal about Rey. Though it now explains why she was so strong with the Force.

(Spoiler ahead for anyone who hasn’t seen the movie.)

Palpatine does return. Says so right in the opening introduction.

This shouldn’t be such a surprise, as Dark Horse Comics did it years ago with their ‘Dark Empire’ series.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 22 February 2020 07:57 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1199
Joined  2003-02-13

Like usual I am late to the party.

The movie was okay, but it didn’t feel like Star Wars ... there was nothing epic about it. If anything else, JJ Abrams had to undo a lot of the damage from the Last Jedi and try to conclude the trilogy, so the movie felt like it was being pulled in two different directions.

I honestly feel bad for George Lucas ... Kathleen Kennedy and Bob Igor promised him that they would honor his vision and be good stewards of the property ... instead they completely thrashed it.

I hate to see Star Wars go out on this kind of note.

Signature 

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Posted: 24 February 2020 01:26 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

Yeah…

People have been complaining long about the recent films not living up to expectations (that’s super-fans for you).

Plus, the whole tossing of the EU books and comics out of the main continuity, irked a lot of people.

Although; I’m not sad to see the New Jedi Order, Legacy Of The Force, and Fate Of The Jedi books being tossed.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 02 March 2020 07:09 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2019-06-09

I thank you for taking your time sharing your thoughts and ideas to a lot of readers out there. makeup artist

Posted: 06 March 2020 09:21 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2003-02-13
Megalord1 - 24 February 2020 01:26 AM

Plus, the whole tossing of the EU books and comics out of the main continuity, irked a lot of people.

Although; I’m not sad to see the New Jedi Order, Legacy Of The Force, and Fate Of The Jedi books being tossed.

Admittedly, some of the EU books could have been a lot better.

However, compared to the new Star Wars movies, and tie-in novels, the EU stuff was entertaining and respectful of the source material.

Even though Disney could care less about what I think, I will always consider the EU part of the offical SW universe.

Signature 

Posted: 11 March 2020 07:57 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2020-03-11

Seen the movie more than a year ago! It was an impressive last installment performances. pest control near you

Posted: 14 March 2020 01:38 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2003-02-13

The Rise of Skywalker is getting an early digital release.

I will get the Blu Ray edition, simply to complete my collection.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-gets-surprise-early-digital-release/ar-BB11c0Go?li=BBnbfcL

Signature