Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
How do you feel about rolling dice?
Posted: 10 December 2019 01:44 AM  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2019-12-10

The good idea rule, it seems to be full of comments about how to limit the frequency of dice rolls. This was interesting to me because I feel like people in my group love rolling dice, even if it’s just for the sake of rolling dice. They go out of their way to volunteer to roll dice when the GM would otherwise just give them something, for example. This is 2e DnD with people (myself included) who aren’t really noobs but also aren’t super-experienced in a wide variety of RPGs. Am I just playing with a bunch of chronic gamblers or is this a more common perspective than the other thread lead me to think?

My own perspective is…neutral I guess?

edit: other dice related things my group likes doing: Collecting dice, looking at dice (honestly shining a light through a translucent d20 does look cool), and speculating on which of their dice are lucky and unlucky

Posted: 11 December 2019 02:02 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2019-12-11

Prisons and Dragons, Yahtzee, and countless different games all depend on tossing dice- - from the 4-sided pyramid shape to the recognizable 6-sided 3D square and the beast 20-sided assortment. The bones are intended to acquaint a component of chance with these games; we expect that the results of the rolls will be really arbitrary. diamond bangles

In any case, new hypothetical models and rapid motion pictures of shakers moves of various shapes and sizes affirm this isn’t carefully the situation. They show that shakers tossed with a 1 on the top are somewhat bound to land as a 1 then as different qualities for each sort of the different sorts of bones they contemplated. And yet, it’s normally unreasonably difficult for somebody to foresee the result of the toss of a solitary pass on - you’d need to know the beginning stages of the toss and its condition so correctly that for every single pragmatic reason, the outcome could be viewed as irregular.