Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Robotech Sentines Book 4, Special Issue 0
Posted: 27 November 2019 11:37 AM  
Corporal
Total Posts:  592
Joined  2005-01-07

Anyone ever read the timeline that they had back in 1996. Here are some trivia about the timeline that existed back then.

- There was at least seven hundred years between the invention of ther protoculture matrix and the loss of Lord Zor’s space yacht.
- The SDF-1 campaign lasted three years, and it took two years from the space fold to return to Earth.
- Roy Fokker had been part of Emil Lang’s security detail back in 1999.
- The entirety of the Sentinels campaign happens before the start of the Second Robotech War.
- Lynn Kyle is killed in 2027. (In the revised timeline, Kyle lived sixteen years longer)
- The Invid Occupation lasts only two years, as opposed to the thirteen years in the revised timeline, with “Symp[hony of Light” taking place in 2035.

There is of course a major plot hole, in that the senior leadership of the United Earth Government knew very little about the Invid, despite the military having not only fought the Invid for years, but knew details about Invid society and government.

Posted: 27 November 2019 02:14 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2005-12-25

Perhaps the memo didn’t get back to Earth defense forces in time? I mean, if by “senior leadership” he means Rick Hunter’s expeditionary force, I think we could say that. Besides mars/jupiter division his, was the only force that fought against them, right?

Signature 

” Umm…Glad were going to be on the same team. I’m Corp. Max Sterling, sir. Call me Max. I’m very inexperienced & might be needing a lot of help.”

Posted: 28 November 2019 10:45 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  592
Joined  2005-01-07
wasogrunge - 27 November 2019 02:14 PM

Perhaps the memo didn’t get back to Earth defense forces in time? I mean, if by “senior leadership” he means Rick Hunter’s expeditionary force, I think we could say that. Besides mars/jupiter division his, was the only force that fought against them, right?

They had been at war with the Invid for years.

Failing to inform their superiors of this war for years would be dereliction of duty by any reasonable standard.