Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
SDF-1 TRANSFORMATION
Posted: 30 September 2019 12:45 PM  
Private
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2019-09-21

I have an ‘89 Lowe Falcon 16’ fishing boat. This boat originally had a 75 hp motor, electrical system, steering, etc. At some point, the original motor died Best Marine Battery and was replaced with a (much) smaller Johnson 9.9 pull start tiller steer motor, at which time the console, steering, electrical, etc was removed (this was done prior to it coming into my possession). Sure, I would have preferred to NOT had all this stuff ripped out, and would have either fixed/replaced the appropriate motor, but… the boat was given to me so it doesn’t bother me too much.

Anyway. My question.

For xmas, my wife got me a Hummingbird PiranhaMAX 4 di fish finder and depth indicator - not realizing that it had no batteries of its own, and needed to hook into the electrical system of the boat - the electrical system my boat no longer has. A bit of research has let me to believe I can pick up a 12v marine battery and hook up the fish finder directly to it.

My question is this - what do I need to look for in a marine battery? I’m seeing quite a range in prices, from roughly $60 on up to $400. Obviously, I’m hoping to stay on the lower end of that if possible. Being that the only thing this will run is said fish finder, I can’t imagine I’ll need anything too fancy. The only possible addition to that would be if I decide to add a small trolling motor in the future.

Posted: 30 September 2019 09:13 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43232
Joined  2001-02-16
LarianBretto - 30 September 2019 12:45 PM

I have a question, something which I have been wondering about.

During the episode “Bursting Point,” the SDF-1 is seen in its transformed ‘human’ mode. When we see it next in “Paradise Lost,” it is resting on the ocean in its ‘cruising’ form.

Do we know how or when it transformed?

Obviously during the interval between the two episodes. As for an ‘in universe’ reason, probably to facilitate repairs to damage sustained in the previous episode.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC