Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
This japanese series was edited by robotech I heard?
Posted: 09 September 2019 02:01 AM  
Private
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2019-09-09

While the narrative links in Robotech aren’t perfect, I’d argue that the stories do ultimately meld quite well together, as the original three series shared a lot of aspects of tone, theme, and aesthetic that, when combined with some clever rewriting, makes for a fairly solid, continuous narrative https://bluestacks.vip/

As for Harlock and The Queen of A Thousand Years well… It’s a bit less defensible. Significant content was excised, and making the narratives concurrent is a very difficult thing to pull off, as evidenced by Saban’s Macron 1, a combo of Sengoku Majin GoShogun and Mission Outer Space Srungle. Millennia especially got the shaft, as it was clearly the series tacked on to get this chimera into syndication, not even receiving a proper resolution. Harlock’s adventures are also noticeably abridged, missing some classic bits like an episode about crewwoman Yuki’s past. And, while I’m the kind of disgusting mutantbthat actually enjoyed the soundtrack to not only Robotech but also the Casio-tastic Robotech II: The Sentinels soundtrack, the score to CHatQoaTY can be absolutely dire in places. https://9apps.ooo/

However, there are some things to like about the series. Abundance of narration aside, the voice work is excellent and it’s easy to see why many actors in the series went on to become prominent voiceover talents. Michael Mcconnohie especially is absolutely magnificent as Captain Harlock. And, despite it’s considerable edits, especially when compared to Robotech, it still retains a number of the more challenging, adult scenes and never significantly suffers from the old “Never Say Die” trope.  https://solitaire.onl/

Posted: 10 September 2019 11:31 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2019-06-22
techy99 - 09 September 2019 02:01 AM

While the narrative links in Robotech aren’t perfect, I’d argue that the stories do ultimately meld quite well together, as the original three series shared a lot of aspects of tone, theme, and aesthetic that, when combined with some clever rewriting, makes for a fairly solid, continuous narrative.

As for Harlock and The Queen of A Thousand Years well… It’s a bit less defensible. Significant content was excised, and making the narratives concurrent is a very difficult thing to pull off, as evidenced by Saban’s Macron 1, a combo of Sengoku Majin GoShogun and Mission Outer Space Srungle. Millennia especially got the shaft, as it was clearly the series tacked on to get this chimera into syndication, not even receiving a proper resolution. Harlock’s adventures are also noticeably abridged, missing some classic bits like an episode about crewwoman Yuki’s past. And, while I’m the kind of disgusting mutantbthat actually enjoyed the soundtrack to not only Robotech but also the Casio-tastic Robotech II: The Sentinels soundtrack, the score to CHatQoaTY can be absolutely dire in places.

However, there are some things to like about the series. Abundance of narration aside, the voice work is excellent and it’s easy to see why many actors in the series went on to become prominent voiceover talents. Michael Mcconnohie especially is absolutely magnificent as Captain Harlock. And, despite it’s considerable edits, especially when compared to Robotech, it still retains a number of the more challenging, adult scenes and never significantly suffers from the old “Never Say Die” trope.

yeah i have heard it somewhere too