Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
What do you guys think of the Titan comic?
Posted: 12 August 2019 12:16 AM  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2019-08-12

Im liking it so far, im in issue 15, yet all i see on the internet are people shitting on it either for being different or being more of the same, which i dont get, the original was already sorta silly, how is any of this jumping the shark?

Posted: 13 August 2019 11:42 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2018-11-29

Hi there. The gimmick of the mashup or remix is fun. For superfans who have consumed every scrap of Robotech material it is new territory and unpredictable which is fun. However, the art and style is pretty bad. I’m pretty sure a serious professional academic comic book critic expert could educate us about how horrible this comic is. Other forums state the characters are being traced from other comic books but clothed in Robotech uniforms. Their faces are being traced from other comic book faces. There are a few panels with Zentreadi battlepods all cloned in different sizes to indicate proximity to the the observer’s perspective but they are all in the exact same posture or stance or attitude. There is no effort or detail in this creative process. These panels are very lazy and cheap. This all indicates a low budget or a lack of respect for the material and fans.

However, I still purchase each issue and enjoy reading it. It is frustrating to imagine its true potential and its failure to achieve that potential.

Posted: 14 August 2019 05:31 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1094
Joined  2002-02-21

So far I’m a behind by a few issues, but loving it.

As bro mentioned though the art is pretty… rough. It was downright awful at first, I remember the horrific “rick blowing up a balloon” panel—it’s etched into my mind like a bad nightmare. A lot of stuff just seems copy-paste.

The story however, is really, really, good. I’ve been enjoying the twists and seeing the characters I love in a different way. It’s refreshing, and I wish it all the best.

I hope there is a sudden surge in popularity that could maybe spur HG to start finally continuing the original story line of Robotech beyond where it was left off all those years ago.

Signature 

“I hear the revolver go off, but what the hell, it’s 5pm, and not my problem…”
“U P Telephony? I P Urine!”