email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Ideal Wingmates!
Posted: 10 July 2019 09:31 AM  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2001-11-01

Just throwing this out here for fun!

Say you are Rick Hunter to make things easy (as he is arguably the most iconic Robotech Character).  If you could pick your wing mates from any of the three sagas, whom would they be?  Please keep this canon, and please assume you are piloting either a VT, Logan/Ajax or an Alpha fighter.

As for me….
My pick would be a tossup between the pair of Max and Miriya or a Scott Bernard and Marie Crystal pairing.  I say toss up as I felt Max and Miriya seemed a little disconnected from Rick towards the end of the Macross Saga, they covered each other more it seemed.  I think Marie would be a great choice….she is fearless and tough.  Scott I believed was the model soldier, you can argue that he was always traumatized with what happened to Marlene but his judgement was always sound.

Signature 

“This Robotech thing was just so exciting I couldn’t give it up. It just gets in your blood or something, I don’t know.”

Posted: 10 July 2019 05:43 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1623
Joined  2001-02-16

Marie Crystal and Dennis Brown. Hopefully in Ajacs, rather than Logans.

Signature 

Team Southern Cross!

Posted: 15 July 2019 09:24 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2001-11-01

That should be a good pairing, they knew each other and were in it till the end rescuing Rolf as a tandem.  Dennis Brown struggled against the Invid Figthers though.

On second thought, I will go with the Sterlings….nobody shoots down Max, and nobody shoots down Miriya except Max!

Signature 

“This Robotech thing was just so exciting I couldn’t give it up. It just gets in your blood or something, I don’t know.”

Posted: 23 September 2019 11:05 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2019-09-23

Looking at Issue #1, as the ship enters earth’s atmosphere, it looks much like the modern day SDF-1. Sleek sharp edges, metallic. But is that a design that Zor would have come up with? I would have thought it should resemble the other Zentraedi ships.

In the McKinney novels, SDF-3 was intentionally designed to look as close to the original as possible. And it looks pickle-like.

Your thoughts?