email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
I FINALLY GOT MPC BETA FIGHTER
Posted: 28 March 2019 08:25 AM  
Private
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2019-03-16

Hello everyone,,
So I am VERY late to the party on this one, but I finally got an MPC Beta Fighter last night.  This was a long time in coming, I held off on getting the Beta fighter because I was very disappointed with the Alpha back in 2006.  I had long wanted a good Alpha, and for many of the reasons discussed on here, as well as at other review sites, I felt that the Alpha came up short, particularly on the sturdiness, and awkward stuck up nose.  I put the Alpha away for probably five years in storage before pulling it out recently.  The Alpha has since grown on me, I like the fighter mode, though a few things still bother me.
xhamster.vip/ redtube.onl/
Fast forward to today, I had avoided the Beta because of my initial disappointment in the MPC Alpha.  However, I read several reviews that raved about the Beta, and changed my mind.  After getting the Beta last night, I tinkered with it and then hooked it up to the Alpha, and I have to admit that I love the design.  I think the combined mode looks fantastic.  It may not be the most functional toy, since it can fall apart, but it displays beautifully.  Absolutely terrific.  I know this is the toy that many of us anticipated for over 20+ years, and I want to give credit where it is due - I think that Toynami did a GREAT job!

I wish we had a few more RT toys available, though from what I understand, Toynami’s success with the MPC’s appears to have been mixed.  The Alpha was received to very mixed reviews, while the Beta seems to have been roundly praised.

With the lack of RT toys, I recently collected some of the Yamato Macross pieces, and I think they are awesome.  I’m trying to gather a few more RT toys, Destroids, VF-1’s, and I’m considering getting a second Alpha/Beta combination, probably the Green version.

By the way, was there ever a name for when the Alpha and Beta fighters are linked?  I constantly want to use a single term to refer to the combination, like “combo fighter,” or “alpha/beta linkup.”  But I think that using the phrase “alpha/beta linkup fighters” in combat would be too wordy and confusing.  I don’t remember ever seeing/hearing a single term used to reference the mode when the Alpha and Beta are linked to form the “superfighter.”  Can anyone advise?