Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
ROBOTECH Matches # 6:  Karno Triumvirate (Invid Fighter Bioroids) vs. Corg and Sera (Invid Royal Command Battloids)
Posted: 17 March 2019 06:50 PM  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1205
Joined  2001-02-15

This week’s matchup once again pits young extraterrestrial warriors in mecha combat against each other!  We have the triumvirate of Invid Fighter Bioroid pilots consisting of Karno and his two brothers (with hoversleds) vs. the royal Invid siblings Corg and Sera in their Invid Royal Command Battloids.  Who takes it?

Posted: 17 March 2019 11:50 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43223
Joined  2001-02-16

Hmm…

On the surface, this is a three - on - two contest.

Now Corg and Sera will have missiles available, while the Bioroid Hoversleds will give Karno’s group the ability to fight in the air.

Basically it’s going to come down to relative combat experience. We don’t how much Karno and his brothers have, while Corg and Sera were transmuted from experienced Invid.

I’d say it’s a toss-up.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 21 March 2019 06:36 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  3290
Joined  2001-03-13

IMHO Corg and Sera.

While on the surface it appears to be a 3v2 contest, the reality is that it is 1v2 in favor of the Invid.  The Invid Fighters are 3-act-as-1 units.

I don’t recall any BIF trios engaging separate targets (not saying it didn’t happen, just I don’t recall any).  This means Karno-trio will single out one of the two Invid.

While the BIF’s hoversled gives it some improvements in terms of mobility and firepower, IINM the IRCB outclasses the combo.  The closest mecha in the ASC inventory to the IRCB is the AGAC (arm cannon, missiles, head cannon), and on screen it gave better than it got from Bioroids*.

So while the BIFs are ganging up on one of the Invid, the other is going to be able to come around and engage them with their cannons and missiles.

*On screen the Bioroids destroyed ~12 AGACs (3 by BIF, rest Blues) by cannon fire, vs ~33 Bioroids (3 BIF, 4 Blue via missiles, rest are blue) by mostly cannon fire.

Signature 

Supreme Commander Leonard is an Agent of the Robotech Masters.

Posted: 21 March 2019 10:24 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1205
Joined  2001-02-15
ShadowLogan - 21 March 2019 06:36 AM

IMHO Corg and Sera.

While on the surface it appears to be a 3v2 contest, the reality is that it is 1v2 in favor of the Invid.  The Invid Fighters are 3-act-as-1 units.

I don’t recall any BIF trios engaging separate targets (not saying it didn’t happen, just I don’t recall any).  This means Karno-trio will single out one of the two Invid.

While the BIF’s hoversled gives it some improvements in terms of mobility and firepower, IINM the IRCB outclasses the combo.  The closest mecha in the ASC inventory to the IRCB is the AGAC (arm cannon, missiles, head cannon), and on screen it gave better than it got from Bioroids*.

So while the BIFs are ganging up on one of the Invid, the other is going to be able to come around and engage them with their cannons and missiles.

*On screen the Bioroids destroyed ~12 AGACs (3 by BIF, rest Blues) by cannon fire, vs ~33 Bioroids (3 BIF, 4 Blue via missiles, rest are blue) by mostly cannon fire.

Do you think it’s possible that the Karno Triumvirate could isolate the weaker of the two and score a quick kill before dealing with the other one?  It would seem to be their best chance.

Posted: 21 March 2019 10:11 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43223
Joined  2001-02-16

[Do you think it’s possible that the Karno Triumvirate could isolate the weaker of the two and score a quick kill before dealing with the other one?  It would seem to be their best chance.]

That would only be viable if Corg and Sera had up close contact with humans (as far as this contest goes). Sera didn’t start having emotional problems until after she encountered Lancer.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC