Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
 1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 6
Captain Marvel Movie ... Do you want to see it?
Posted: 03 March 2019 09:41 AM  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1170
Joined  2003-02-13

The Captain Marvel movie is about to open in a few days. Do you guys and gals want to see it or will you take a pass?

Signature 

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Posted: 04 March 2019 01:21 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43174
Joined  2001-02-16

I’ll need to read up on it first.

I’m not that familiar with the character.

Also, isn’t there a DC Comics character with the same name?

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 04 March 2019 06:52 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2003-02-13

Yeah ... the short version of the story:  a long time ago, the DC character Shazam was known as Captain Marvel. A huge legal battle settled the issue and Marvel got to use the name Captain Marvel.

Signature 

Posted: 04 March 2019 07:24 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2019-01-31
Sinn - 03 March 2019 09:41 AM

The Captain Marvel movie is about to open in a few days. Do you guys and gals want to see it or will you take a pass?

Nope. Disney can keep their girl power SJW nonsense. Plus, I’m a white dude and Ms. Larson isn’t a big fan of my kind.

Posted: 04 March 2019 03:06 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  692
Joined  2008-09-27
Hunting_Invid - 04 March 2019 07:24 AM

Nope. Disney can keep their girl power SJW nonsense. Plus, I’m a white dude and Ms. Larson isn’t a big fan of my kind.

You do know that Captain Marvel, the white lady named Carol one, was a famous A-Lister among the Avengers in the comic-verse since 1970’s?
Also, the fact that she did became “strongest hero” by the way of “Binary” in the universe after her latent power was activated by the Brood.

Signature 

Left, Right, Left….ARRGHH [Splat!]
-call of duty: modern warfare 2 mountain mission

Posted: 04 March 2019 11:53 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43174
Joined  2001-02-16
Sinn - 04 March 2019 06:52 AM

Yeah ... the short version of the story:  a long time ago, the DC character Shazam was known as Captain Marvel. A huge legal battle settled the issue and Marvel got to use the name Captain Marvel.

Thanks. I thought that it was something like that.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 05 March 2019 08:02 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2019-02-22

My thoughts as well, although I will be seeing Endgame just to see Captain SJW get her butt kicked by Thanos.

Posted: 05 March 2019 08:07 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Joined  2019-01-31
roboemo - 04 March 2019 03:06 PM

You do know that Captain Marvel, the white lady named Carol one, was a famous A-Lister among the Avengers in the comic-verse since 1970’s?
Also, the fact that she did became “strongest hero” by the way of “Binary” in the universe after her latent power was activated by the Brood.

That has nothing to do with why I made my comment.

I watched Wonder Woman and enjoyed it. I liked most of the Resident Evil movies that have come out. I also watched most if not all the movies in the alien franchise.
Those movies had strong women in them, yet they were not using them to “show the boys women are equal.” They were stories, not advocacy. They didn’t have advertising campaigns that focused on them having ovaries etc. If they did, it wasn’t the center piece from what I recall. I don’t remember seeing go fund me’s being started just to send girls to see the movie. These are the same types that will call people an “ism” for simply having a different point of view.

I just want a movie, I don’t need a social justice preach-fest. With as spiteful as Larson is, I wouldn’t want to give her a dime of my money.

Posted: 05 March 2019 09:00 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2003-02-13

The review embargo for Captain Marvel was lifted.

Some reviews loved the movie and some hated it. The New York Post called it a “Aimless Superhero Slog.”

At any rate, the movie itself will most likely turn a profit for Disney, but I don’t think it will be a part of the billion dollar club.

Signature 

Posted: 05 March 2019 11:55 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  692
Joined  2008-09-27
Sinn - 05 March 2019 09:00 PM

The review embargo for Captain Marvel was lifted.

Some reviews loved the movie and some hated it. The New York Post called it a “Aimless Superhero Slog.”

At any rate, the movie itself will most likely turn a profit for Disney, but I don’t think it will be a part of the billion dollar club.

So any idea for Skrull Kill Krew, though do they have Skrulls being turned into cows and accidentally fed to other people?
Edit: Also I understand the comments and controversy, but still part of me still think that they should include her Leotard….albeit as a joke on how awful it is. Even “SJW” title Ms. Marvel, the Pakistani one, still had her wear it (or in her case, transformed into that version because she’s Mr. Fantastic and Plastic Man) but ditch that forms after founding irritation on her crotch area.

Signature 

Left, Right, Left….ARRGHH [Splat!]
-call of duty: modern warfare 2 mountain mission

Posted: 08 March 2019 03:31 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1608
Joined  2001-02-16

I have my tickets. I’m not buying into the sjw hater of men narrative that some people are trying to push. Two minutes of research online shows that Brie Larson is not some man hater, after all. And CM really hit her stride after the Avengers Disassembled arc and the first annual after that.

Signature 

Team Southern Cross!

Posted: 08 March 2019 07:42 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Private
Joined  2019-01-31
Darth Mimic - 08 March 2019 03:31 AM

I have my tickets. I’m not buying into the sjw hater of men narrative that some people are trying to push. Two minutes of research online shows that Brie Larson is not some man hater, after all. And CM really hit her stride after the Avengers Disassembled arc and the first annual after that.

I don’t need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work about A Wrinkle in Time. It wasn’t made for him! I want to know what it meant to women of color, biracial women, to teen women of color.

Am I saying I hate white dudes? No, I am not. What I am saying is if you make a movie that is a love letter to women of color, there is an insanely low chance a woman of color will have a chance to see your movie, and review your movie.

Now lets switch this around a bit and see if it would fly…

I don’t need a 40-year-old black dude to tell me what didn’t work about slapshot. It wasn’t made for him! I want to know what it meant to white men who make up the majority of that sport.

Am I saying I hate black dudes? No, I am not. What I am saying is if you make a movie that is about hockey, only those who are a certain color can understand it.

You know if that was said, she would have been tarred and feathered. However, because she’s ripping white men, it’s ok.

She’s accusing others of being racist and then goes on to make racist comments. To say that a man cannot appreciate a movie due to being a certain color is the definition of racism, yet like I said, it’s ok because in today’s society its ok to target white men.

I don’t mind if she wants to give minorities/disabled people more access, but she doesn’t need to make it look like white men are keeping people down.

She’s gone on record saying “I had a meeting with Marvel and what we discussed is they wanted to make a big feminist movie.”

Why can’t she just make a movie that entertains them rather than push her worldview? She’s using this movie and character to indoctrinate. I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion that what she said is being blown out of proportion.

People are getting sick of being accused of being an “ism” just because they are not taking some leftist viewpoint. If you didn’t like the new ghostbusters you were a misogynist pig, and the same is being said about this.
I’m tired of the race baiting being done in our entertainment, I just want to see a movie.

https://www.gofundme.com/captainmarvel

This is a joke.

Posted: 08 March 2019 07:46 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2019-02-22
Hunting_Invid - 08 March 2019 07:42 AM
Darth Mimic - 08 March 2019 03:31 AM

I don’t need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work about A Wrinkle in Time. It wasn’t made for him! I want to know what it meant to women of color, biracial women, to teen women of color.

Am I saying I hate white dudes? No, I am not. What I am saying is if you make a movie that is a love letter to women of color, there is an insanely low chance a woman of color will have a chance to see your movie, and review your movie.

Now lets switch this around a bit and see if it would fly…

I don’t need a 40-year-old black dude to tell me what didn’t work about slapshot. It wasn’t made for him! I want to know what it meant to white men who make up the majority of that sport.

Am I saying I hate black dudes? No, I am not. What I am saying is if you make a movie that is about hockey, only those who are a certain color can understand it.

You know if that was said, she would have been tarred and feathered. However, because she’s ripping white men, it’s ok.

She’s accusing others of being racist and then goes on to make racist comments. To say that a man cannot appreciate a movie due to being a certain color is the definition of racism, yet like I said, it’s ok because in today’s society its ok to target white men.

I don’t mind if she wants to give minorities/disabled people more access, but she doesn’t need to make it look like white men are keeping people down.

She’s gone on record saying “I had a meeting with Marvel and what we discussed is they wanted to make a big feminist movie.”

Why can’t she just make a movie that entertains them rather than push her worldview?

People are getting sick of being accused of being an “ism” just because they are not taking some leftist viewpoint. If you didn’t like the new ghostbusters you were a misogynist pig, and the same is being said about this.
I’m tired of the race baiting being done in our entertainment, I just want to see a movie.

Well said!

Posted: 08 March 2019 07:59 AM   [ # 13 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2007-03-22

I won’t be seeing Captain Marvel because I’m one of those toxic white males who hate female leads but would give Alita Battle Angel a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Signature 

By the fans, for the fans, visit RobotechX, our forums have never been taken down and blamed on Anonymous.

Posted: 08 March 2019 04:45 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1608
Joined  2001-02-16

If you don’t understand the problem with a straight reversal that doesn’t take centuries of oppression into account, then one post from me won’t change your mind. Enjoy Battle Angel Alita, which I hear is also good. smile

Signature 

Team Southern Cross!

Posted: 08 March 2019 07:43 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2007-03-22

My only regret is that I won’t have centuries with which to oppress my women.

Signature 

By the fans, for the fans, visit RobotechX, our forums have never been taken down and blamed on Anonymous.

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 6