Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
What is a Moon’s light called?
Posted: 03 March 2019 01:42 AM  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2019-03-03

As I have not observed the moons of other planets I cannot answer, but our moon does not reflect sunlight. In order for a reflection to be seen by an observer both the source of the light (sun) and the reflective surface (moon) would have to be in line with each other. The moon actually is a battery which absorbs solar energy and then releases it. I, as of yet, have no idea why or how the moon “works” but I am absolutely positive it does not reflect sunlight.

Signature 

I have use moon lamps here and I think this is one of the best lamp and I prefer to use this lamp.

Posted: 22 June 2019 12:26 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2019-06-22
travishead356845 - 03 March 2019 01:42 AM

As I have not observed the moons of other planets I cannot answer, but our moon does not reflect sunlight. In order for a reflection to be seen by an observer both the source of the light (sun) and the reflective surface (moon) would have to be in line with each other. The mcdvoice  moon actually is a battery which absorbs solar energy and then releases it. I, as of yet, have no idea why or how the moon “works” but I am absolutely positive it does not reflect sunlight.

yeah that’s correct

Posted: 22 June 2019 01:12 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2001-09-17

Well, there is a flaw in your assumption: our ‘Moon’ is exactly that. Using the term “moon” generically could confuse readers when referring to other natural satellites. Otherwise, I am very interested in learning more about your theory. Report back here when you have figured out how the moon glows to emit what we normal English-speaking Earthlings would call “moonlight”.

Thanks

Signature 

I know this world is so
cold and deceiving
but I keep my head up like
my nose is bleeding.