Password   forgot password?
 1 2 3 > 
1 of 3
Opinions on the Titan Comic Imprint
Posted: 24 February 2019 11:05 AM  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2009-03-26

Given it’s had almost 2 years to get on it’s feet, and the different it’s taken with the original material, what’s everyone’s views on the Titan Comic “Robotech”?

Signature 

Activate Hyper Space-Fold Jump!

Posted: 24 February 2019 08:23 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2019-02-22

It’s awful.

Posted: 24 February 2019 08:25 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  480
Joined  2007-03-22

If the idea was to distance Robotech from Macross by writing an original 1st Gen story, then bastardizing the Macross story with left-field plot twists is not the way to achieve this.

It’s like they are literally making things up as they go along.  There is no framework in place.

Signature 

By the fans, for the fans, visit RobotechX, our forums have never been taken down and blamed on Anonymous.

Posted: 24 February 2019 08:31 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Private
Joined  2019-02-22
Alpha Bravo - 24 February 2019 08:25 PM

If the idea was to distance Robotech from Macross by writing an original 1st Gen story, then bastardizing the Macross story with left-field plot twists is not the way to achieve this.

It’s like they are literally making things up as they go along.  There is no framework in place.

Nailed it.

Posted: 27 February 2019 10:06 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2017-07-31

I’m going to throw a curve ball in here and say I love the Titan Comics line of Robotech comics. As I’ve discussed a ton on the Robo Skull podcast, the changes made to the Macross story are actually a driving force in the narrative. The fact things are different is being commented on by the characters and hinting at something bigger going on, especially with Zand at the center of it. This is a comic that’s clearly had a plan from day one.

I love what they’ve done with the characters, especially pushing Lisa into a more prominent role and changing up with the Max/Miriya dynamic. Plus with the hints that Dana will be introduced into the story soon? Yeah, I love it.

Posted: 06 March 2019 09:06 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2009-03-26
Rider Jetfire - 27 February 2019 10:06 AM

I’m going to throw a curve ball in here and say I love the Titan Comics line of Robotech comics. As I’ve discussed a ton on the Robo Skull podcast, the changes made to the Macross story are actually a driving force in the narrative. The fact things are different is being commented on by the characters and hinting at something bigger going on, especially with Zand at the center of it. This is a comic that’s clearly had a plan from day one.

I love what they’ve done with the characters, especially pushing Lisa into a more prominent role and changing up with the Max/Miriya dynamic. Plus with the hints that Dana will be introduced into the story soon? Yeah, I love it.

Been loving the podcasts; doing a great job with all the episodes and current comics; hope you get to reviewing Shadow Chronicles and Sentinels (love to hear your takes on it)!

Signature 

Activate Hyper Space-Fold Jump!

Posted: 06 March 2019 11:13 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Joined  2017-07-31

Thanks for that, Chris! I really appreciate those very kind words. We do plan to review Shadow Chronicles and the Sentinels movie for sure!

Posted: 07 March 2019 01:40 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Joined  2019-02-22

No offense but putting Lisa into a more prominent role really comes across as forced, especially after the pathetic death of Gloval. And while I certainly get what they’re going for with this new edgy version, it just doesn’t work IMO. It doesn’t feel like Robotech but a lifeless shell of it. I’d elaborate a bit more on the subject if thinking about it all didn’t give me such a damn headache.

But to each their own. If you enjoy it, more power to you.

Posted: 07 March 2019 02:01 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Private
Joined  2017-07-31

If you’re concerned about the death of Gloval, I’d read issue 18 that just came out. May give you some insight into just how far they’ve planned in advance.

Posted: 07 March 2019 05:00 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2007-03-22

What would be the point of making Gloval clones?  Everyone already knows he’s dead.

Signature 

By the fans, for the fans, visit RobotechX, our forums have never been taken down and blamed on Anonymous.

Posted: 07 March 2019 06:30 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Private
Joined  2019-02-22
Rider Jetfire - 07 March 2019 02:01 PM

If you’re concerned about the death of Gloval, I’d read issue 18 that just came out. May give you some insight into just how far they’ve planned in advance.

Okay well I read that issue and it’s only left me more confused than I was before. So there is a clone of Gloval now? I really don’t know what to make of this new direction the story is going in.

Do we even know the motivation for these evil clones in the first place? Roy should have just gotten his original death instead of being kept alive while a clone goes on a killing rampage.

Alpha Bravo - 07 March 2019 05:00 PM

What would be the point of making Gloval clones?  Everyone already knows he’s dead.

Yeah that’s the part that makes no sense to me. Gloval is dead so what good would bringing him back as a clone do? I am too damn confused by all this mishmash.

Posted: 08 March 2019 06:14 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2007-03-22
MadrePappagallo - 07 March 2019 06:30 PM

Yeah that’s the part that makes no sense to me. Gloval is dead so what good would bringing him back as a clone do? I am too damn confused by all this mishmash.

I guess you have to have the attention span of a Millennial to understand.

Signature 

Posted: 08 March 2019 07:43 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Private
Joined  2019-02-22
Alpha Bravo - 08 March 2019 06:14 AM
MadrePappagallo - 07 March 2019 06:30 PM

I guess you have to have the attention span of a Millennial to understand.

Ha! Only when I’m drunk, which hasn’t been for quite some time now.

Also why didn’t Breetai or Exedore react when Miriya was standing right in front of them completely naked? The three spies orignally reacted when they saw the female humans in swimsuits, or is that yet another part of the story that’s getting the axe in favor of progress?

Posted: 08 March 2019 08:26 AM   [ # 13 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2007-03-22

You’ll forget all about Naked Miriya when you see Swimsuit Breetai

Signature 

Posted: 08 March 2019 08:28 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Private
Joined  2019-02-22
Alpha Bravo - 08 March 2019 08:26 AM

You’ll forget all about Naked Miriya when you see Swimsuit Breetai

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Posted: 08 March 2019 03:49 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2007-03-22

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/54/15/52/541552d626d79a03ce5ea8bd888ba4cd.jpg

Signature 

1 2 3 > 
1 of 3