Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Is the west coast of the Americas inhabitable?
Posted: 28 January 2019 01:32 PM  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  11312
Joined  2003-09-16

We only get to see two good looks at maps of North and South America.  In the map showing Scott and the other’s journey up to Reflex Point, large swaths of the west coast of the Americas is browned out with “X” marks on them.  Why do you think that is?

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm229/Lobizon_bucket/Robotech/02a6c9c0.jpg

Signature 

“Nothing’s difficult, everything’s a challenge.  Through adversity to the stars. To the last plane, to the last bullet to the last men to the last minute, we fight!  We fight!!  We fight!!! WE FIGHT!!  WE FIGHT!!!”

Posted: 28 January 2019 11:11 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1171
Joined  2001-02-15

Annihilated by Zentraedi?

Posted: 03 February 2019 07:10 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  3280
Joined  2001-03-13

Well if you notice the map is very crude, it could be that those are areas the map maker did not have information on.  Take a look at the Geography as depicted and the actual one.  You’ll see what I mean by crude.

A Possible course the NG team takes that makes the most sense is they ocean journey was via the Pacific Ocean and cross the continental US to finally arrive at Reflex Point.  At least this route to me makes the most sense given various stops, and maybe a few assumptions along the way.

Signature 

Supreme Commander Leonard is an Agent of the Robotech Masters.

Posted: 03 February 2019 07:59 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1171
Joined  2001-02-15
ShadowLogan - 03 February 2019 07:10 PM

Well if you notice the map is very crude, it could be that those are areas the map maker did not have information on.  Take a look at the Geography as depicted and the actual one.  You’ll see what I mean by crude.

A Possible course the NG team takes that makes the most sense is they ocean journey was via the Pacific Ocean and cross the continental US to finally arrive at Reflex Point.  At least this route to me makes the most sense given various stops, and maybe a few assumptions along the way.

It’s been hinted in non-canon sources such as the McKinney novels and RPGs that the Zentraedi global bombardment and Invid invasion bombardments might have been devastating enough to cause significant changes to the shapes of continental land masses.  Perhaps.

Posted: 07 February 2019 11:55 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  681
Joined  2006-03-12

I imagine the Zentraedi bombardment didn’t do the cilmate any favors so it’s quite possible that entire coastlines were flooded by rising sea levels.

Posted: 11 February 2019 06:29 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  3280
Joined  2001-03-13
Buried Alien - 03 February 2019 07:59 PM
ShadowLogan - 03 February 2019 07:10 PM

It’s been hinted in non-canon sources such as the McKinney novels and RPGs that the Zentraedi global bombardment and Invid invasion bombardments might have been devastating enough to cause significant changes to the shapes of continental land masses.  Perhaps.

Perhaps, but I think the “hand drawn” nature of the map has to be taken into consideration.  Plus we have the Invid map of North America showing Reflex Point (Ep83, start) and it is much more defined and closer to reality (though Florida is missing, along with other large islands in the Caribbean).

Signature 

Supreme Commander Leonard is an Agent of the Robotech Masters.