Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
ANIMATION VS. BOOKS!!
Posted: 18 December 2018 10:09 AM  
Banned
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2018-12-14

I’m still a McKinneyist! After all these years.

Full disclosure, as a kid I had limited access to the show, but I had all the books, so while seeing a couple episodes on TV made me want to buy the books, it was via “Jack McKinney” that I learned the full scope of Robotech. Years later, when I bought the Protoculture Collection and finally watched the entire series, I really enjoyed it, but I also missed the elements introduced in the books that didn’t make it into the show.

However, upon a recent re-read of all the books, including the later interstitial books like The Masters’ Gambit and Before the Invid Storm, I found that the books that didn’t have the benefit of someone else’s teleplay as a framework were somewhat aimless and tough to get through.

Where a decade ago I would’ve said I was 70% pro-books/30% pro-animation, today it’s more like 55/45. I’m more aware of the flaws in the books and more appreciative of the quality of show.

downloader.vip/ccleaner/ vlc.onl/ https://www.happywheels.vip/

Posted: 19 December 2018 05:21 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  5686
Joined  2007-04-08
achanakbhayank - 18 December 2018 10:09 AM

I also missed the elements introduced in the books that didn’t make it into the show.

downloader.vip/ccleaner/ vlc.onl/ https://www.happywheels.vip/

The show preceded the books, not the other way around.  What “didn’t make it into the show” was invented by Jakc McKinney, a good deal of it contradicted the show, and some scenes were changed or simply removed from the novels to suit McK’s version.

Signature 

If it ain’t in the Robotech show itself… It didn’t neccessarily happen.

Thanks, Carl Macek, for introducing me to all these folks.  Even the ones who bug me.

Posted: 04 March 2019 08:53 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1180
Joined  2003-02-13

I really enjoyed the books, they were good reads. Were they perfect? Absolutely not, but they were not meant to be. Jack McKinney did a great job of making the books as entertaining as possible. I may even get the books again, just to have in my collection.

Also, people need to realize that Robotech as we know it in America is an amalgamation of three different series. A lot of the story doesn’t bear up under close scrutiny, but it was a fun and entertaining series. An updated series would be great ... but that will probably never happen, nor a live action movie.

Signature 

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Posted: 30 June 2020 06:10 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2020-06-10

I more like books.

Posted: 30 June 2020 06:13 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2019-07-28

Without a doubt, I choose books, I have a lot in common with them. Once I didn’t like them at all, but somehow I had to take an essay from many books at the university, but I didn’t know anything, and turned to the site https://essayontime.com.au/buy-essay-online for help because it would flood all the work and spent years at the university. In general, they sent me a job, I read it, and was delighted just how beautifully and efficiently they did it. Since then, I just love to read (but only quality content).