Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
10/10/2018 Still nothing
Posted: 09 October 2018 09:59 PM  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  889
Joined  2001-02-16

i personally think someone in HG is screwing up Robotech becoming what it can be. If Robotech was a company all the management and staff would have been fired by now…

Get it together , release some new anime in the mean time,eg Shadow Rising, if Macross can release a new series every two years Robotech should be able to!! Talk to Sony and ask them to give the fans some information otherwise “Robotech” will be Solo a Star Wars story mega level flop.

I dont care who is signed on to direct or write the story because that changes every year , I want fact, story boards a date commitment and Shadow Rising finished,, Im at my wits end with Robotech which personally upset me, but how long can HG staff keep releasing crap merchandise, 1980’s level stuff without giving the fans what they are asking for ...NEW ANIME and the LAM… if Sony things the fans will wait for the LAM without any Anime etc they are mistaken….Sony and HG if you cant do it , hand it over to Marvel..

So Sorry I had to write this,

Signature 

25 Year’s wow thats gone quick!

Posted: 10 October 2018 02:52 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  5626
Joined  2007-04-08

I’ve rather resigned myself to it being over.  Any future stuff will be a nice surprise, but I’ve given up actually expecting anything.

Signature 

If it ain’t in the Robotech show itself… It didn’t neccessarily happen.

Thanks, Carl Macek, for introducing me to all these folks.  Even the ones who bug me.

Posted: 10 October 2018 03:20 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  804
Joined  2002-07-12

I’ve really given up on any new Robotech productions. After more than ten years, I don’t believe Shadow Rising is ever going to happen. I think there’s just too much legal stuff in the way now preventing anything going beyond an idea stage. Comic books and role-playing games are really all we’re going to get for the foreseeable future, IMO. That’s better than being a totally dead property like Exo-Squad, but it undeniably sucks for those who wished Robotech could have continued in animated form.

As far as the live-action movie, I’m not holding my breath for that one either. I don’t mean to sound pessimistic, but I think it’s unlikely to ever get made the way things are currently going. Lord knows I wish to be proven wrong, but I don’t feel it was ever a priority project at Warner Bros. and that it’s gone the same route at Sony.

Signature 

“Hello, my name is Human…”

Posted: 10 October 2018 04:46 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  889
Joined  2001-02-16

This is what annoys me , if Sony and HG pulled their head out of their A##es , Robotech could be an awesome franchise..there are no legal issues ,Japan hasnt done a live action Macross either ..work together with BigWest get a global movie that will satisfy everyone , just market it the same…deal with the “Macross Saga” for the live action then either countries can develop continuity moving on separate ..While this happens , finish shadow rising.. right now I cant understand how HG is even in business other then their property side…this is bold and will get me banned for life but

” HG MANAGEMENT WAKE THE HELL UP AND DO SOMETHING !! IF YOU ARE,  THEN SPEAK TO THE POWERS AT BE AN RELEASE SOME TANGIBLE INFORMATION…...KARL MACEK WOULD BE ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE…..SUCH A NICE MANS LEGACY BEING DESTROYED BY YOUR REFUSAL,SHORT SIGHT TO ACTUALLY LISTEN TO FANS “...aslo if you come back with the comment you cant always listen to fans comment etc, Id remind you without us fans of Robotech, Roboech would be as dead as the rest of Harmony Gold’s anime catalouge…...We could so easy move to Macross (Japan Version) but we have stuck by the story you created….

Im annoyed and 99/999999% doen with HG

Signature 

25 Year’s wow thats gone quick!

Posted: 10 October 2018 07:50 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  804
Joined  2002-07-12
brodie75 - 10 October 2018 04:46 PM

This is what annoys me , if Sony and HG pulled their head out of their A##es , Robotech could be an awesome franchise..there are no legal issues ,Japan hasnt done a live action Macross either ..work together with BigWest get a global movie that will satisfy everyone , just market it the same…

It obviously isn’t quite that easy or else it would have been done already, We all know that that the situation regarding Robotech and its involved parties has indeed been an ongoing legal mess for years. We don’t know the full extent of what the proposed live action movie plays in it all, but it seems to be that there’s something that’s standing in the way of all-new Robotech productions on the animated side. Given the success of The Shadow Chronicles on home video, it just doesn’t make sense for HG to not go forward with Shadow Rising for this long unless there was something behind-the-scenes preventing them from doing so, IMO. 

Signature 

“Hello, my name is Human…”

Posted: 11 October 2018 04:16 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1021
Joined  2002-02-21

I too have sadly resigned myself to the belief that we wont be getting any new animated series, and I’m highly doubtful a LAM ever sees the light of day.
That said, I am extremely happy with the new comic that’s out. I think all parties involved nailed it on this one. I make sure to spend money on them, so as to signal that there’s people paying for new content. After all “money talks”.
Still, I would love to see the actual Robotech story continued. A LAM I could do without, but if it came out I’d go see it for sure.

Also… Exo Squad… now there’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time…
As a kid those were some of my favorite action figures.

Signature 

“I hear the revolver go off, but what the hell, it’s 5pm, and not my problem…”
“U P Telephony? I P Urine!”

Posted: 11 October 2018 11:36 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  167
Joined  2001-02-16

What makes it even sadder… is that Voltron came out on Netflix and the remake is a damn fine show. If they could pull off even half od wgat they did it could have been great.

Ah well, its dead… all dead.

Posted: 11 October 2018 05:13 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2001-12-02

I’ve been waiting on this since the early 2000’s. I remember we discussed which actors we wanted to see casted as our favorite characters. All these actors are now too old. XD

Signature 

The best way to make a dream come true is to wake up.

OMG I kissed Rick Hunter, Roy Fokker, Lynn Kyle, Lancer (yellow dancer), Dolza 0.0, Lisa Hayes and Minmei, Claudia and Captain Global. YAY!

Posted: 12 October 2018 10:14 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2001-02-22

lI remember going to see Shadow Chronicles in the theater promotion out in LA, they were having, took my little brother and still have my signed DVD. =) then the long wait for Shadow Rising. either way i always have a small glimmer of hope but with everything Hope for the best but expect the worst.