Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Henry Cavill Rumored to be Returning as Superman
Posted: 17 September 2018 03:11 PM  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1199
Joined  2003-02-13

According to a lot of published reports the WB might be done with Henry Cavill as Superman. Some reports have stated that instead of a sequel to Man of Steel, the WB might bring Supergirl to the big screen.

Just for the record, I didn’t like Man of Steel or BvS ... however, I never had a issue with Cavill as Superman. Truth be told, he did everything that was asked of him, and despite the fact that the material he had to work with was horrible, he gave a good performance.

Also, Cavill fulfilled the terms of his contract, and wants a pay increase to continue playing Superman ... and the WB has basically decided to scrap the next Superman movie because they don’t want to pay him. Totally predictable and pathetic.

So, to recap, Ben Affleck, who should have never been cast Batman because I knew he was never going to commit to a multi movie deal, and Henry Cavill are both out of the DCEU. In other words, the Justice League is pretty much done, and all we are going to get from the WB is a bunch of movies that nobody is asking for or want.

I know it will never happen, but I would love to see the rights to DC comics go the Marvel Studios.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/09/superman-and-the-dceu-henry-cavill-never-stood-a-chance/

Signature 

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Posted: 17 September 2018 06:23 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43402
Joined  2001-02-16

Enh…

Wasn’t impressed with Cavil as Superman. The costume looked plastic-like, and was padded.

Christopher Reeve’s looked better, and he worked on his physique to pull it off.

I did think that Ben Affleck pulled off a decent Batman, though not as good as Christian Bale in the Nolan films.

DC just hasn’t been able to get the characters right in their movies in recent years, with the exception of the Nolan Batman movies.

The problem has been that the formula that worked for Batman, doesn’t work for the other DC characters.

One of the things that I got a kick out of in the recent Deadpool 2 movie, was the end sequence of Deadpool going through his history and eliminating his past mistakes. Including a reality breaking part of eliminating Ryan Reynolds before he accepts the part of Hal Jordan in the Green Lantern movie.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 11 November 2019 02:24 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2019-03-26

I did not like the new superman. This is a pile of muscles without intelligence. The film reminded me of an old American dream story https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/american-dream/ where the protagonist reads newspapers at the dinner table. This is not the story that was described in comics and books about Superman. I expected more complex storylines.

Posted: 16 November 2019 02:36 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2001-02-15

Although I liked Man of Steel it didn’t feel like a Superman movie.  I grew up on Christopher Reeve as Superman and I always get filled with feelings of hope, awe and inspiration watching his films but not so much with Cavill’s Superman.  I do get those same feels with Wonder Woman however and I am really looking forward to the sequel.

I don’t know what WB is going to do moving forward with the Superman film franchise, I guess reboot the character again like they’re doing with Pattinson as Batman?  I guess it’ll be a while until we get another red cape on the big screen so I’ll just have to settle for tv Superman on Supergirl and Titans.

Signature 

“My most important professional accomplishment to date? Mastering the concerned look and nod.”
-Harvey Birdman, Attorney-at-Law

Posted: 26 June 2020 10:14 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2020-06-26

The impressive idea of a super girl. Everybody admires superman so, why not a Supergirl. If they introduce the character of a super girl. I must say it would become very famous among girls. I hope, the team like the bestdissertation idea and work on it. Hope for the best.

Posted: 14 July 2020 05:23 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2003-02-13

I know this story came out a few months ago, but I thought I might as well update the thread.

So, it seems if Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has his way, Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman in a sequel to MOS, and in the Black Adam movie.

Also, Henry (alongside Ben Affleck) is going to reshoot some new footage for Zack Snyder’s Justice League cut.

Will wonders never cease.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/henry-cavill-superman-movie-dc-comics-batman-justice-league-cameo-1234618227/

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2020 01:49 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16
Sinn - 14 July 2020 05:23 PM

I know this story came out a few months ago, but I thought I might as well update the thread.

So, it seems if Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has his way, Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman in a sequel to MOS, and in the Black Adam movie.

Also, Henry (alongside Ben Affleck) is going to reshoot some new footage for Zack Snyder’s Justice League cut.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/henry-cavill-superman-movie-dc-comics-batman-justice-league-cameo-1234618227/

Enh…

Doesn’t interest me all that much.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 16 July 2020 03:21 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  263
Joined  2001-02-22
Sinn - 14 July 2020 05:23 PM

Nice! Thanks for update.  I’m one of the ones that actually enjoyed the new take and hope to see what the Snyder Cut will look like. 

Although i always thought Cavill was always interested in reprising his role smile

Posted: 20 September 2020 05:45 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2003-02-13

According to several published reports, Henry Cavill might be signing a 3 movie deal to reprise the role of Superman in the DCEU. Also,  this deal might include multiple cameo’s across several DC movies ... a cameo in Aquaman 2 or Flashpoint Paradox are a distinct possiblity.

However, I must stress this information is merely a rumor at the moment, and it should be taken with a grain of salt until we can confirm the actual facts.  Stay Tuned.

https://movieweb.com/superman-henry-cavill-deal-3-dc-movies/

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2020 05:49 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2003-02-13
Sinn - 17 September 2018 03:11 PM

According to a lot of published reports the WB might be done with Henry Cavill as Superman. Some reports have stated that instead of a sequel to Man of Steel, the WB might bring Supergirl to the big screen.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/09/superman-and-the-dceu-henry-cavill-never-stood-a-chance/

Quick Update: I changed the name of the thread to reflect the latest news regarding Henry Cavill and the recent rumors regarding a new Superman deal.

Signature 

Posted: 22 September 2020 01:11 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

Enh….

Big whoop….

Still don’t think Henry Cavil makes a good Superman.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 26 September 2020 09:26 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2003-02-13

The question that begs to be answered, which actor in Hollywood makes a good Superman. As a casting choice, Henry Cavill was okay in the role.

The biggest problem that I had with Man of Steel was the version of Superman that Zack Snyder presented ... a grime dark Superman is not interesting or necessary.

IMHO, as a director, Zack Snyder was the wrong guy to bring Superman and the Justice League to the big screen.

Signature 

Posted: 28 September 2020 02:14 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16
Sinn - 26 September 2020 09:26 AM

The question that begs to be answered, which actor in Hollywood makes a good Superman. As a casting choice, Henry Cavill was okay in the role.

The biggest problem that I had with Man of Steel was the version of Superman that Zack Snyder presented ... a grime dark Superman is not interesting or necessary.

IMHO, as a director, Zack Snyder was the wrong guy to bring Superman and the Justice League to the big screen.

Kevin Sorbo Perhaps. He already did Hercules, and Kull The Conqueror.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 07 October 2020 09:15 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-09-19

I think the folks have reached a point that they push the CG effects too much that the actual actors can’t really show the characters are alive. Doesn’t really matter which stand alone Batman movie you look at. The actors brought something and you could feel them. But the Justice movies along with the new Superman movies seem lifeless and just no real feelings.

Still wish they would do the Hulk and Thor better. The old tv shows were much better than the movies.

Hollywood is getting way too lazy these days

Signature 

Grand Admiral: “Wolfen” Stormhard
Demon #2
105th Airwing Demon Squadron
Dreadnaught class ship: Katana

Legions Of Thunder
Thunder 19
Lone Wolf Squadron XO

Jedi Wolf of the Dark Fin

Posted: 07 October 2020 10:23 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

Thor never had his own TV show (as far as I know).

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC