Legions Of Thunder
Thunder 19
Lone Wolf Squadron XO

Jedi Wolf of the Dark Fin

Posted: 01 December 2020 09:18 PM   [ # 62 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1980
Joined  2001-01-30

Steve will need the neutron-S missiles to clean this place up. “We need to kill all the damn spammers.”

Signature 

get a job
The Bioroids have just begun to fight.

Posted: 03 December 2020 04:26 AM   [ # 63 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2017-09-01

At least, its way past ridiculous at this point.

Signature 

Retired professional lurker

Associate of the Dark Fin

“Ok… Who traumatised Radiotech this time?”
RIP Dreadnought

Posted: 02 February 2021 09:52 PM   [ # 64 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-01-30

Maybe they have somebody managing the site for them but they aren’t paid to moderate the forums so they can’t touch it? Who’s posting the news items on the front page?
https://robotech.com/news/gizmodo-robotechs-christmas-episode-is-the-perfect-holiday-special-for-2020

Signature 

get a job

Posted: 06 February 2021 02:42 AM   [ # 65 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43402
Joined  2001-02-16

The spamming is still going on. Can somebody (a moderator perhaps) get off of their duff, and start doing something about this?

Not only has the spamming gone way past ridiculous, it’s gotten completely fracking annoying.

(Can’t use the f-word on this site.)

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 16 February 2021 04:08 PM   [ # 66 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-01-30

That’d be funny if I criticized the fandom and/or Harmony Gold’s handling of Robotech to an extent that they made a moderator active to do damage control.

Signature 

get a job

Posted: 17 February 2021 12:24 AM   [ # 67 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16
Rand - 16 February 2021 04:08 PM

That’d be funny if I criticized the fandom and/or Harmony Gold’s handling of Robotech to an extent that they made a moderator active to do damage control.

Be my guest. It might inject some life into this site.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 23 April 2021 06:57 AM   [ # 68 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2006-01-16

I know it is hard to catch all of the spam. I have been a moderator on http://www.audizine.com for more than 15 years. One of the ways we get around spam everywhere is that we require new members to not only to use a captcha when they create the login and verify their email, but also post in a specific forum. Once they post in that specific forum, then they can post anywhere.
This keeps 99% of the spam in a single thread as most bots can’t follow that rule. It makes it a lot easier to find and remove spammers as well as keeps the forums cleaner so members are happier.

But man, the spam on here is insane.

Also, I tried to contact the forum via the .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) address and got a bounce back that it was rejected by their server. Ugh

Posted: 02 May 2021 02:20 PM   [ # 69 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2006-01-16

So, are there any moderators actually on this forum?

Posted: 03 May 2021 01:53 AM   [ # 70 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

If there are, they haven’t made any appearances in quite some time.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 03 May 2021 06:13 AM   [ # 71 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2006-01-16

That’s what I thought. I’ve reported some of the spam posts and after more than a week, nothing has been done.

Posted: 13 July 2021 02:43 PM   [ # 72 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-01-30

Are they seriously saying Harmony Gold doesn’t care, Big West doesn’t care, Sony doesn’t care, and Funimation doesn’t care that this board is being spammed after decades of it being part of their reputation?

Signature 

get a job

Posted: 13 July 2021 05:30 PM   [ # 73 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2006-01-16

Apparently. Its sad that this is a Harmony Gold owned site, yet they don’t do anything for the fans.

Posted: 21 July 2021 08:20 PM   [ # 74 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-01-30

I never hated Robotech 3000. Its only real problems were imperfection and the production company shutting down. They should have just had somebody else make a bunch of episodes, put em up on Toonami and worry about whether it was good later. Then they said they wouldn’t put it on a network because it wouldn’t be mature enough and I was like “Nobody cares. Just let them do it!”. Then they were paying way too much to make animation for Shadow Chronicles, missing the point of what made Robotech Robotech and what nobody cares about. Then they paid too little and hired the wrong fan animators for Love Live Alive. Then they sabotaged the whole franchise trying to get a live action movie made. Then they planned out a series but wouldn’t do it unless they could get some pocket change off Kickstarter which was the requirement for some unimaginable reason. Harmony Gold never commits to anything. That’s the problem.

Signature 

get a job

Posted: 05 August 2021 07:58 PM   [ # 75 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-01-30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRCk2IvlThE
What is even going on? They’re putting out RPGs. People still play those? They’re making 1/72 Veritechs. Cool I guess but I only like 1/55. They’re making figures. Are those rebranded Japanese toys? For who? How do they know what Robotech is? They say you can buy them on this site, a site overrun by spammers. There’s a Blu-ray now with 1080p. That’s great but they’re probably using the popcorn-like replacement sound effects and their ugly opening and ending. I didn’t know Tatsunoko had a spelling in kanji. I had only seen it in katakana. Nothing exciting, not even a live action movie update. No new soundtrack. No update on new animation for how many years?

Signature 

get a job

‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›
5 of 8
‹‹ Robotech Force of Arms      Echo echo echo... ››