Password   forgot password?
 1 2 3 > 
1 of 3
Personal observations
Posted: 16 May 2018 10:20 PM  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43323
Joined  2001-02-16

Website seems to be rather quite over the last few days.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 17 May 2018 02:03 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  690
Joined  2006-03-12

What you need is a worthy adversary.

Posted: 17 May 2018 09:38 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  5686
Joined  2007-04-08

Dunno about anybody else but my life’s been quite hectic.  One brother’s house burnt down, another brother has a son in ICU after a motorcycle accident, an uncle died, a friend of the family had a death in her immediate family, and I’ve been sorting out a huge lot of flea-market Barbie dolls I scored for 40 bucks.  I also got a loan to pay off my credit cards.  It’s not Robotech related, but we can discuss any of those things if you’d like.  raspberry

Signature 

If it ain’t in the Robotech show itself… It didn’t neccessarily happen.

Thanks, Carl Macek, for introducing me to all these folks.  Even the ones who bug me.

Posted: 17 May 2018 12:25 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1114
Joined  2002-02-21
jeanie - 17 May 2018 09:38 AM

Dunno about anybody else but my life’s been quite hectic.  One brother’s house burnt down, another brother has a son in ICU after a motorcycle accident, an uncle died, a friend of the family had a death in her immediate family, and I’ve been sorting out a huge lot of flea-market Barbie dolls I scored for 40 bucks.  I also got a loan to pay off my credit cards.  It’s not Robotech related, but we can discuss any of those things if you’d like.  raspberry

Sorry to hear about your loved ones. downer I hope everything turns out okay for all involved!
I know I haven’t been regular on the site either. Not as hectic as you, I think you’ve got us beat :p. But I’m wrapping up finals and work has been busier than usual so I’ve been away from the site.

But overall I think there is a lull in the traffic here. It seemed to pick up for a bit but there just isn’t enough of a RT presence out in the world to draw users in and keep them here.

Signature 

“I hear the revolver go off, but what the hell, it’s 5pm, and not my problem…”
“U P Telephony? I P Urine!”

Posted: 17 May 2018 09:47 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2007-04-08

Usually my life’s pretty dang boring!  This last week has been a doozy, though.

Signature 

Thanks, Carl Macek, for introducing me to all these folks.  Even the ones who bug me.

Posted: 18 May 2018 12:16 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2001-01-30

It doesn’t help that most of Robotech sequels have not exactly worked out as planned.  We have 32+ years of unfulfilled promises and lawsuits.

Let’s name the successful projects, Robotech:Battlecry, Robotech: The Macross Saga (GBA), Robotech: Invid Invasion (although how good it was is debatable), Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, the Masterpiece toys, the early Palladium RPG books, a number of comics ranging from meh to wow, some soundtracks, and about 3-4 various re-releases of the original series.

Meanwhile on the unsuccessful side, and not everything was the fault of Harmony Gold, but we had Robotech II: The Sentinels, Robotech 3000, Robotech: Crystal Dreams, No Southern Cross toys, games or comics, Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles series, Robotech: Academy, Robotech: RPG Tactics.

Then there’s been the constant squabbling between Harmony Gold, Big West and Tatsunoko, not to mention some of the fans on all sides that hate each other and Robotech.  I hope that sometime within my life these companies can come to an agreement that will work for everyone.

Of course, there is some positives coming along I think.  I believe that the Titan Comics Robotech series have been very well developed, and have set themselves up as being a strong new timeline for the series.  The new Macross and New Generation toys look nice, although I probably will only get a Beta for myself.  If that SDF-1 ever comes out, I’m likely to buy it, although I’m really hoping for nothing more than $300.  The new card and board games look like fun and not especially expensive, and there’s even a re-release of the GBA game as an mini-arcade unit.  There are things to look forward to, but the fandom needs to know that those promises will be fulfilled from now on.

Signature 

Piero!
Visit my Deviantart page at http://x1commander.deviantart.com/

Visit my Youtube page at http://www.youtube.com/user/x1commander

Posted: 18 May 2018 09:03 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2007-04-08
X1 Commander - 18 May 2018 12:16 AM

We have 32+ years of unfulfilled promises and lawsuits.  There are things to look forward to, but the fandom needs to know that those promises will be fulfilled from now on.

There it is, in a nutshell.  I’ve largely given up on getting anything new.  Comics and collector’s displays aren’t my thing.  I’m not a gamer - I’ve got terrible hand/eye coordination and the slowest reflexes possible in a living human.  If they’d redo Battlecry for PS4 I maybe could convince my visiting gamers to play it…  the boy does like first person shooters.  I’d love to see them do affordable toys.  Not collector’s figures, actual toys. New animation, of course.  Even something set in the Robotech world but otherwise unrelated!

Signature 

Posted: 18 May 2018 04:33 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16
RaisingCane - 17 May 2018 02:03 AM

What you need is a worthy adversary.

I don’t find you worthy.

(Just kidding).

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 19 May 2018 12:05 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  586
Joined  2004-04-09

It doesn’t help that most of Robotech sequels have not exactly worked out as planned.  We have 32+ years of unfulfilled promises and lawsuits…

...Then there’s been the constant squabbling between Harmony Gold, Big West and Tatsunoko, not to mention some of the fans on all sides that hate each other and Robotech.  I hope that sometime within my life these companies can come to an agreement that will work for everyone.

I think the franchise needs new ownership.

It seems the current custodians are, with all due respect, rather useless.

If I had an investment, either financial or creative, I’d be damn sure to produce something tangible for the cult-fans…

My linkedin network is a great starting point to gather talented, motivated and passionate individuals for just such projects… and I’m not even in the business.

Go figure.

Signature 

Founder of the “BRING BACK ZOR” league of 85er’s

Posted: 20 May 2018 02:44 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1931
Joined  2001-01-30

I’ve learned that when a company has an entertainment division, they’re supposed to be working on entertainment, not real estate.

Signature 

get a job
The Bioroids have just begun to fight.

Posted: 21 May 2018 09:22 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2001-01-30
Scientist - 19 May 2018 12:05 AM

It doesn’t help that most of Robotech sequels have not exactly worked out as planned.  We have 32+ years of unfulfilled promises and lawsuits…

...Then there’s been the constant squabbling between Harmony Gold, Big West and Tatsunoko, not to mention some of the fans on all sides that hate each other and Robotech.  I hope that sometime within my life these companies can come to an agreement that will work for everyone.

I think the franchise needs new ownership.

It seems the current custodians are, with all due respect, rather useless.

If I had an investment, either financial or creative, I’d be damn sure to produce something tangible for the cult-fans…

My linkedin network is a great starting point to gather talented, motivated and passionate individuals for just such projects… and I’m not even in the business.

Go figure.

This.  I had thought back in the early 2000’s that we were on the verge of a Robotech revival, but now we’re approaching 2020.  This website and it’s forums are barely out of the 2000’s.  There was a lot of good will squandered by the powers-that-be, and I honestly hold all 3 companies responsible for this.  Whoever made the decision on the card games and the Titans comic should be promoted because they clearly are trying to get the franchise moving again.  The fact that we now have within 1 year a Southern Cross game that isn’t fan-made is amazing at this point.

Signature 

Piero!
Visit my Deviantart page at http://x1commander.deviantart.com/

Visit my Youtube page at http://www.youtube.com/user/x1commander

Posted: 21 May 2018 05:14 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

Still, I would like to see some real progress towards getting Robotech: Shadow Rising back on track, Robotech: Academy moving forward (perhaps as a comic book series), and the Robotech: LAM project either getting into production or killed. Seriously it’s been 10+ years now.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 21 May 2018 11:26 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  690
Joined  2006-03-12

How about Leonard: A Robotech Story?

Posted: 22 May 2018 08:05 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

While that might be an interesting idea, I don’t think that there is enough admeration for the character of Supreme Commander Anatole Eli Leonard to warrant such a project.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 23 May 2018 04:01 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  586
Joined  2004-04-09
Megalord1 - 21 May 2018 05:14 PM

Still, I would like to see some real progress towards getting Robotech: Shadow Rising back on track, Robotech: Academy moving forward (perhaps as a comic book series), and the Robotech: LAM project either getting into production or killed. Seriously it’s been 10+ years now.

You’re right.  I really, really enjoyed Shadow Chronicles.

I remember how blown away I was when I heard new RT anime was being created… and when it came out I thought it was da bomb.

This was one of the very few DVD’s I actually went out on release day and shopped all over the city until I found a copy.
With all the entertainment and games available, this is a terrific thing to get a retro fan-boy to do, and it’s what every marketing team dreams of.

I watched Shadow Chronicles over and over… it was like 1985 again!

Then came 2008… then 2009, 2010… 2011 and 2012… and ” here we go again.”

To stop production due to “creative differences” is a piss-poor excuse, as all I (and most other RT fans) want is just more decent anime that follows the original RT story arc with some passion and intellect.

Shadow Chronicles had just enough of the original 85, a bit of Sentinels and a smidge of McKinney to have me really, really satisfied and wanting to spend money on more…

...is that too much to understand Mr Yune?

Signature 

Founder of the “BRING BACK ZOR” league of 85er’s

Posted: 23 May 2018 06:47 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

Yeah, I hear you.

Lets get some real projects moving forward.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

1 2 3 > 
1 of 3