2 of 2
Classic anime sci-fi recommendations
Posted: 09 March 2018 08:58 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2018-02-21
Megalord1 - 09 March 2018 07:11 PM
RESTRADA - 09 March 2018 02:16 PM

Go with Battle of the Planets ( Science Ninja Team Gatchaman) from the late 70’s. I own a lot of DVD’s from the show and loved it as a kid.

Forget the Battle Of The Planets version. It was heavily bowdlerized for US broadcast, and 20 of the original 105 episodes weren’t used . You can get the dubbed version of the original Science Ninja Team Gatchaman now. You won’t have to sit through the scenes featuring R2D2’s ‘retarded cousin’ 7-Zark-7, of his idiotic companion 1-Rover-1. You can also forget the Turner produced version G-Force.

Yeah, I think I’ll go with the original Gatchaman. I’ve seen a bit of Battle of the Planets and I’m not too jazzed.

Signature 

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/AnimeSpellweaver
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/nbaucom

Posted: 10 March 2018 04:50 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43352
Joined  2001-02-16

I watched Battle Of The Planets as a kid back in the late 70s (gives you an idea as to how old I am), at the time I though that it was great. Then when G-Force came out, I thought ‘this isn’t like what I remembered’. Later I saw that the original Science Ninja Team Gatchaman DVDs were out, and got one of the box sets. I should get the whole series.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 05 March 2021 12:04 AM   [ # 18 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2021-01-09

I noticed that many people incorrectly use the term “Waifu”, thus calling girls who, for example, just attracted you with their appearance. Of course, this is fundamentally wrong and insulting to seifukusha. Guys, learn the matcha. There is a separate generation of anime lovers, and there are connoisseurs of science fiction. Although it is clear why they do not teach matcha — it is stupidly absent (well, or I am not looking well, for sure in the Japanese segment of the Internet this is all explained, but I do not speak the language). I discovered waifuforlaifu.com, where there is a generator for creating characters. There he also ordered the production of “stickers”, although then he himself printed them out.

Posted: 10 April 2021 07:11 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2021-04-08

Nbaucom, Force Five is unavailable on Blu ray or dvd. Discotek brought Gaiking the Complete Series (Gaiking was part of Force Five along with Starvengers aka Getter Robo G, Grendizer, Danguard Ace, and a 2nd Leiji Matsumoto Series basically the 3 Musketeers in space. Have you seen Fist Of The North Star? Wandering Hero Kenshiro searching for his Fiancé in a bleak Post Apocalyptic future. FOTNS 109 eps is on Blu along with Science Ninja Team Gatchaman. Season 1 is 105 eps. GatchamanII and Gatchaman Fighter are the lesser 2nd and 3rd seasons.
If you want a Classic US Cartoon…Thundarr The Barbarian. Alex Toth (Space Ghost and numerous others) created the first 3 leads…Thundarr (Like Conan with a lightsaber) Ariel (Sorceress) and Ookla The Mok ( Pronounced like UCLA) Jack “King” Kirby creator of Too many to list Marvel Superheroes, DC Heroes and Villians etc! Thundarr is on Blu Ray! 1970’s Science Fiction…Glen A Larson’s Battlestar Galactica, and Buck Rogers in the 25th Century! Both on Blu Ray! Buck Rogers is the more light hearted of the two series. The Battlestar Galactica is my favorite Space faring Warship! I just Joined.

Signature 

“I Love it when a plan comes together” Colonel John “Hannibal” Smith from The A-Team, my fave TV Series!

< 1 2
2 of 2