Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
 < 1 2
2 of 2
What would you like to see in future Robotech video games?
Posted: 18 December 2018 02:29 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2005-04-05

I second the War for Cybertron style of game for Robotech.

Signature 

My Bounty Hunter strip appears now in Living Corpse: Exhumed #2 from Dynamite Entertainment!

Posted: 24 December 2018 03:53 AM   [ # 17 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2001-02-16

What can I add to the ideal current/next-generation Robotech game that hasn’t been mentioned? VR? tongue wink

But in all seriousness, it wouldn’t be that bad of an idea if one kept the control scheme simple and familiar not unlike ZoE: The Second Runner Mars. Granted, one would try to use similar motion controls to try and emulate the feel of trying to pilot a Veritech Fighter or Hover Tank, but sticking to the otherwise universal gamepad would certainly speed things up a bit. Though having a conversation tree with NPCs that would actually respond to your own words might just add in the immersion.

Still, when it comes to the idea of open world Robotech I can’t help but call back to that one cancelled game known as Robotech Crystal Dreams in which it had a similar mechanic, but confined to the cockpit due to hardware limitations. I can only assume that with the current tech available, it wouldn’t be too difficult of a transition from vehicular combat to character interaction. Who knows, it might make for an interesting online multiplayer where customized avatars interact in person and everyone scrambles to their veritech to accept missions and what nots. Maybe even balance out the veritech and perhaps even the destroids to fit particular roles to encourage teamwork.

And the idea of an open world New Generation or *gasp* Robotech Masters saga wouldn’t be that bad of an idea. Especially if one designs the game that not only would missions randomly appear in addition to main story operations, but that there would be random raids against your own home base that you’ll have to defend or you’ll loose whatever equipment and/or supplies you got. And though Invasion had the idea of setting the game just before the Battle of Reflex Point, why not one of the earlier operations such as with the 10th Mars Division? There’s plenty of story potential of how the inexperienced REF soldiers deal with the Invid forces of the Regis in addition to their failures and mistakes, not to mention having to deal with more human factions that would either help or hinder one’s chances at basic survival, let alone even trying to achieve victory. And, though this was influenced by the Palladium Sorcebook, but why not have a game that occurs in between Robotech Masters and New Generation where the Armies of the Southern Cross fight a desperate battle against the Invid? That just might be a unique experience as well as giving a better bridge between the two sagas.

Posted: 22 July 2019 09:59 PM   [ # 18 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2001-07-21

Personally, I would like to see a console experience with very good graphics, think Ace Combat 7 level of detail, with the ability to switch between all three modes with a combination of ground combat or aerial combat or both in a given mission and have the missions be of good length with A LOT of them,  Also, cover all three eras of Robotech with Macross Era, Southern Cross, and Invid saga and even include a fourth segment for shadow Chronicles.  Just make it look good with good controls and not be short.  I would not mind paying to play that on my Playstation 4 or Nintendo Switch
Twich

Signature 

“Talk softly, but carry a big stick!” -Roosevelt"An armed society is a polite society” -Robert
Heinlein
—-To thine own self, be true!

Posted: 29 August 2019 06:06 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  408
Joined  2006-02-27
jeanie - 26 August 2018 10:43 AM

Something akin to Titanfall 2 would be good for the Macross Saga and Robotech Masters.  For New Gen, the open world concept.

Yes this is exactly what I was thinking as well. With a strong story telling aspect to it. Personally I like games that have good levels of immersion. I like to forget I’m playing a game and feel like it’s real. Only a few games ever did that for me but if someone could make a game for the RT Universe regardless of what point of the history, I would be in heaven. However I do agree, without a more recent release of a series or a film it’s unlikely the good studio’s would put much into such a venture.

Signature 

Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Posted: 29 August 2019 11:31 PM   [ # 20 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2001-01-30

Hi guys, I have been playing the new Steambirds Alliance, which is a free bullet-hell MMO with small aircrafts and great backgrounds.  It has lots of nice features.  I would love to see a Robotech game like that.  I would be great to fly your favourite Robotech mecha there.

Posted: 09 December 2019 04:41 PM   [ # 21 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2004-02-09

I honestly don’t want to see a bullet storm MMO style console game. Now if its on the phone or computer then I might be able to tolerate it… but a console deserves the best of the best. A full immersion story, depending on the epoch that is chosen. As I stated above, there are several possible avenues to travel but they all have one thing in common… a strong story with strong character development. I want to see characters who grow throughout the saga.

Posted: 09 December 2019 10:12 PM   [ # 22 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  165
Joined  2001-02-15

I’m with you guys on making game that gave so much great content and replay value in both single and multiplayer like Titan Fall 2 did - one of my favorite games of all time and free to download this month if you’re a PS Plus subscriber.  I’m currently playing Elite Dangerous on PS4 and it really makes me want to see a space fighter simulation type game like the cancelled N64 game; Robotech Crystal Dreams.

-Crystal Dreams might have had resource collection aspects within in the game which I’m fine with as long as it touches lightly on it, and not turn into a boring grind fest like in No Man’s Sky.

-Huge solar system sandbox would be interesting to explore.

-Highly interactive, fully destructible environments as stated before. It’d be awesome too if that could be applied when battling enemies and being able to accurately shoot apart zentraedi mecha piece by piece to get to the pilot, or shooting and penetrating into a zentraedi ship and exploring its many decks or creating havoc IOT to disable, capture or blow it up.

I just want the game to be ultra massive in scale, in all aspects.
edit:  My dream game description just reminded me of Star Citizen haha. I’ve never played the game and I don’t think I ever will, talk about massive and never ending.

Signature 

“My most important professional accomplishment to date? Mastering the concerned look and nod.”
-Harvey Birdman, Attorney-at-Law

Posted: 12 July 2020 08:43 PM   [ # 23 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2020-07-12

I always enjoyed first person shooters.  I think the Robotech world has so many different mecha, different weapons, it would be interesting to fight in close quarters and as a team.  Radar X as a sniper, Spartan for artillery support, Excalibur for frontal assault and Veritechs for speed and air support.  There are lots of possibilities for map locations, each requiring a different strategy or tactic (Macross City, inside a Zentraedi ship, on the decks of SDF-1, Mars base).

I know there have been several mods of other games to play Robotech mecha, but those were all flying / space shooter games.
Did anyone ever do a first person shooter mod?

Posted: 06 October 2020 08:39 PM   [ # 24 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2001-02-22
Close Encounter - 12 July 2020 08:43 PM

I always enjoyed first person shooters.  I think the Robotech world has so many different mecha, different weapons, it would be interesting to fight in close quarters and as a team.  Radar X as a sniper, Spartan for artillery support, Excalibur for frontal assault and Veritechs for speed and air support.  There are lots of possibilities for map locations, each requiring a different strategy or tactic (Macross City, inside a Zentraedi ship, on the decks of SDF-1, Mars base).

I know there have been several mods of other games to play Robotech mecha, but those were all flying / space shooter games.
Did anyone ever do a first person shooter mod?

Oh man not sure you’ll see this but you ever try the Homeworld mod? Amazing!!

Posted: 13 October 2020 11:31 AM   [ # 25 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2020-07-12

I recall two different mods for Homeworld.  One was called Robotech Assault and the other was Macross DYRL
I believe Homeworld was a space flight shooter, which wasn’t quite the first person shooter experience I was looking for, so I didn’t play it

However, the 3D models in those mods were great
In fact, I am using the Fighter Pod model from DYRL as a placeholder object in the first person shooter game I am trying to make
The Fighter Pod will be just decoration, not a playable ship
My goal is to make my own models for everything, but that will take a long time

Posted: 18 October 2020 07:16 AM   [ # 26 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2001-05-05

Hovertanks.

< 1 2
2 of 2