1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4
Solar Flare Games upcoming Robotech Card game Force of Arms
Posted: 25 September 2017 05:57 AM  
Private
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2017-09-13

Hi folks,
    I am on the design and development team for Solar Flare Games. I just wanted to pop in here and start a thread where you can ask about Force of Arms or any other questions you have about Solar Flare games. Please check out our website at http://www.solarflaregames.com.

Thanks,
  Homer

Posted: 25 September 2017 10:18 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  364
Joined  2001-01-30

I am looking forward to this.  I’m glad to see new Robotech games coming finally.  I wish you well.  I will likely end up getting one.

Signature 

Piero!
Visit my Deviantart page at http://x1commander.deviantart.com/

Visit my Youtube page at http://www.youtube.com/user/x1commander

Posted: 25 September 2017 10:29 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2017-07-20

tactics wave 2 will never come will it

Signature 

I can see that because you have never faced a worthy opponnet you think you are something special!

Posted: 25 September 2017 11:10 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Private
Joined  2017-09-13

I don’t know anything about Tactics phase 2 as that is a completely separate company and we are not involved in that license at all. We are just focused on the games we are working on. The first is a 2 player quick, competitive card game (30-45 minutes). We are exploring a 1-6 player co-operative card game for our second release.

Posted: 25 September 2017 12:34 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2001-01-30

What’s the MSRP expected to be?  Above $50 USD?  Any possibility of expansion packs?

Signature 

Piero!

Posted: 25 September 2017 12:52 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Private
Joined  2017-09-13

MSRP will probably be in the $20-$25 range. We will know more when we have all our manufacturing information. Expansions will be unlikely for the first game.

The Second game, we don’t have MSRP yet but we will be shooting for the $40-$50 dollar range and it will have the possibility for expansions.

Posted: 25 September 2017 08:09 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Joined  2017-09-25

Just wanted to jump in.  I am the owner of SolarFlare Games and wanted to make myself available (along with Cpt Homeric) for question, concerns or comments.

As of right now, after talking to the distributor today,  we expect Force of Arms will be to be $20.00 MSRP in the USA.

Will be a 2 player game.
There will a possibility to expand it if we feel like you all are interested.

After Force of Arms we will be working on a Deck Builder with at least 1-2 expansion for that.

The game is done from a game play stand point and mechanics.  You can find a description on Board Game Geek:  https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/235653/robotech-force-arms  go to the game page forum.

A Note
I just wanted to really share that Macross was my introduction to anime and I have a deep deep love for this universe and the characters in it.  I am beyond excited that I was given a chance to play in this universe and I promise I will do everything to ensure we deliver a game to stores that you all can enjoy and use to introduce people to Robotech AND table top gaming.

So please free to ask us anything…and we are hoping to join you to the SolarFlare FAN-mily

Dave

Posted: 25 September 2017 10:23 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  2456
Joined  2001-01-30

I have a question, and I’m not (necessarily) trying to be snarky…but are you planning on doing cards OTHER THAN The Macross Saga?

Signature 

Creator/Admin for Facebook pages - Robotech: The Masters War and Robotech: The Role-Playing Game

Posted: 25 September 2017 10:31 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Private
Joined  2017-09-25

I do not take that as snarky. So since we wanted to make something small, light, affordable and accessible to all levels of gamer its a small game. So we decided to start with the beginning and the story that hooked me.

Over next three years we want to do the deckbuilder and if it goes well we would start Macross and the SC expansion and the NG expansion.

Also have a worker placement concept where you have to build a SC unit to defend the planet.

So there is a lot and we want to touch all the areas over time. I try hard to not over promise so we start her plant our RT flag and then build out as we see what people respond to and want.

SFG is about our community of fans and trying to build games that help friends and family reconnect over a fun game…so thats the main goal.

Hope that helps

Posted: 26 September 2017 09:07 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2001-01-30

I think that sounds great.

The SC idea sounds a lot like a Flash game I made about 12 years ago which was a 2 player strategy game with Hovertanks, Bioroids and Hovercraft battling it out.  I always felt that the Southern Cross Saga would be best represented as a strategy game.

Signature 

Piero!

Posted: 26 September 2017 10:27 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Private
Joined  2017-09-25

We really hope to just bring people something they can really enjoy.

Dave

Posted: 27 September 2017 10:22 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Site Admin
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  2004-09-29

Hi Everyone,

We are very excited to have Solar Flare Games as part of the Robotech team! We will make this the official thread.

Enjoy!

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

Signature 

Your BankofKev since 1998.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 27 September 2017 02:23 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  2456
Joined  2001-01-30
Capstern - 25 September 2017 10:31 PM

Also have a worker placement concept where you have to build a SC unit to defend the planet.

Well, if you need help with artwork and/or concepts for The Army of the Southern Cross, I did loan Palladium books a large amount of my art collection for the Robotech RPG 2nd Edition, so I will be glad to help in any way possible when you get to The Masters War and The New Generation portions (not so knowledgeable, though on The Macross Saga).

Signature 

Creator/Admin for Facebook pages - Robotech: The Masters War and Robotech: The Role-Playing Game

Posted: 27 September 2017 06:10 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Private
Joined  2017-09-25

BRL - sent you a PM.

Note: Coming in the next few days going to post something I wrote to someone explaining just WHY I am so excited about this partnership and project.

Bring your space-crackers there will be much cheese!  And you will like it.

Dave

Posted: 27 September 2017 09:49 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2001-11-11

This sounds like an exciting new card game for Robotech.
Unlike RTT, it will probably get out before the second wave gets to its backers.
Keep up your work.

Posted: 30 September 2017 06:07 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Private
Joined  2017-09-25
stryyp - 27 September 2017 09:49 PM

This sounds like an exciting new card game for Robotech.
Unlike RTT, it will probably get out before the second wave gets to its backers.
Keep up your work.

Well we have gotten 8 games out to backers in 3.5 years in Kickstarting projects.  The good news is this will go directly into stores all over the world.
We will let you know when the information goes out to distributors and then the best thing will be to request it from your FLGS.

Dave

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4