Password   forgot password?
 < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
2 of 5
THE SONY LIVE ACTION ROBOTECH MOVIE THREAD - UPDATED 9/13/2017
Posted: 09 May 2018 02:59 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  820
Joined  2002-07-12

It really doesn’t take that long to actually film a fairly big budget movie. Pre-production, production, and post-production can all be done in less than a year, with time to do reshoots (if necessary) included. It’s pretty much how Disney is doing the current Star Wars movies.

What takes bloody forever is just getting started. That’s not a problem for relatively well-known properties or new properties that got a ton of money behind them. Even though most of us here grew up with Robotech, it’s not all that well-known beyond us and isn’t exactly the top priority at Sony…

Signature 

“Hello, my name is Human…”

Posted: 09 May 2018 09:43 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43404
Joined  2001-02-16

I’ve said this before in other threads, personally I think this whole Robotech: LAM project is/was nothing more that an elaborate ‘Red Herring’.

Designed to foul up any new animated Robotech projects.

Seriously! What have we gotten in the last 10+ years?

Just new DVD releases by different companies, and Robotech: Long Live Alive.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 13 May 2018 07:58 PM   [ # 18 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2008-04-27

If they had a true Live-Action movie, i wouldnt complain at all as lomg as the cast is good and its directed by someone who actually knows the universe.

Signature 

“Who’s that old sour puss, Roy?”

Posted: 14 May 2018 12:24 AM   [ # 19 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16
rickyboy14 - 13 May 2018 07:58 PM

If they had a true Live-Action movie, i wouldnt complain at all as lomg as the cast is good and its directed by someone who actually knows the universe.

The thing is that we’ve heard little more then the ‘revolving door’ of producers and writers attached over the last 10+ years. Still no news of a plot, story, or what era the film will depict. One problem already is the established timeline. 2018 is in the post ‘Reconstruction’ era’; during which the SDF-3 is built, and the initial phase of the Pioneer mission begins.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 22 May 2018 04:09 AM   [ # 20 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2018-05-08
Megalord1 - 14 May 2018 12:24 AM

The thing is that we’ve heard little more then the ‘revolving door’ of producers and writers attached over the last 10+ years. Still no news of a plot, story, or what era the film will depict. One problem already is the established timeline. 2018 is in the post ‘Reconstruction’ era’; during which the SDF-3 is built, and the initial phase of the Pioneer mission begins.

This franchise seems to be on its last legs anyway.

Posted: 22 May 2018 11:15 AM   [ # 21 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  382
Joined  2001-01-30

I remember when Beast Wars had that issue when Black Arachnia mentioned when the volcano erupted in 1985, awakening the dormant Autobots and Decepticons inside of the Ark, just flat-out ignoring the fact that by the time that episode aired that it was 1998.

Signature 

Piero!
Visit my Deviantart page at http://x1commander.deviantart.com/

Visit my Youtube page at http://www.youtube.com/user/x1commander

Posted: 22 May 2018 08:17 PM   [ # 22 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

What has that got to do with anything, beside the writers not doing their homework?

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 22 May 2018 09:36 PM   [ # 23 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1303
Joined  2003-07-12
X1 Commander - 22 May 2018 11:15 AM

I remember when Beast Wars had that issue when Black Arachnia mentioned when the volcano erupted in 1985, awakening the dormant Autobots and Decepticons inside of the Ark, just flat-out ignoring the fact that by the time that episode aired that it was 1998.

It was probably a reference to when the Transformers Toys were officially released in the US…like Die-cast construction being a “lost art.”

Signature 

The Wolfdog Pack is forever. For friendship & for the memories:

Alaska&Grizzly;, Mac&Danni;, Tyr&Tami;, Denali,Thunder… and Midnight.“You think dogs will not be in Heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us!” - R.L. Stevenson

Posted: 23 May 2018 02:51 PM   [ # 24 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  382
Joined  2001-01-30

It was, and Robotech is now in the same situation.  1999 was 19 years ago, and as mentioned by yourself Megalord1, if we were really in the Robotech universe, we’d be in the post-reconstruction era and preparing for the Expeditionary Force’s departure.  The writers of future Robotech projects can choose to either ignore the fact that the world has gone past the dates established in the show, or they can set future projects farther in the future, thereby repeating the cycle later on.

Signature 

Piero!
Visit my Deviantart page at http://x1commander.deviantart.com/

Visit my Youtube page at http://www.youtube.com/user/x1commander

Posted: 23 May 2018 04:26 PM   [ # 25 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  5686
Joined  2007-04-08

[ One problem already is the established timeline. 2018 is in the post ‘Reconstruction’ era’; during which the SDF-3 is built, and the initial phase of the Pioneer mission begins.

That’s fixed easily enough.  All they gotta do in the LAM is not give specific dates.

Signature 

If it ain’t in the Robotech show itself… It didn’t neccessarily happen.

Thanks, Carl Macek, for introducing me to all these folks.  Even the ones who bug me.

Posted: 23 May 2018 06:44 PM   [ # 26 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

Okay….

Point taken.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 27 July 2018 09:39 PM   [ # 27 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2012-02-24

I would rather have them take up from where the sentinels tv series/movies left off! I prefer if they continue the animation over live action! Should they decide to pick up from the last sentinels tv animation, I hope they do some rewrite for the remaining episodes of the sentinels! Because I don’t really like the jack mckinney’s or even carl macek’s story arc; my idea for the rewrite will focus on the first generations namely rick, lisa, max, miriya, breetai, exedore and dr lang while wrapping up minmei in the episode immediately after the wedding ceremony. Give these first generations a good wrap up in the final episode of the Sentinel series after their hard struggle with the invid with victorious ending just like the epic ending of the first saga!

Signature 

A wise man speaks because he has something worthwhile to speak of, a fool speaks because he needs to

Posted: 26 August 2018 04:34 AM   [ # 28 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1767
Joined  2001-01-30

I don’t really care about Robotech LAM anymore. HG should just cut its losses and moved on. I would rather have the continuation of Robotech Shadow Rising, either in animated format, OR if not, either in serialised comic miniseries / webcomic by the Waltrip Bros (veterans of RT II Sentinels comic artists).

Look at Starship Troopers. The fanchise moved on with atleast Direct-to-DVD / Blu-Ray releases with the gorgeously animated sequels the likes of Starship Troopers: Invasion & Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars! And the director of both animated sequels are nonetheless, maestro Shinji Aramaki, a creator cum mecha designer of Genesis Climber Mospeada that actually served as the 3rd arc od Robotech saga. It really showed how Sony Pictures valued Shinji Aramaki by making him directing TWO sequels of Starship Troopers.

HG teams should just discussed with Sony Pictures to continue concluding Robotech Shadow Rising arc and for GOODNESS SAKE, get Shinji Aramaki onboard!

Signature 

Forever shall I be loyal to you, my love, my Queen…Mother of the Invid race, Regis.We shall rise like a fiery phoenix, together we will rewrite the history of space and time…Forever. [attributed to Zor]

ROBOTECH SITES ARCHIVE (WEBSITES / MESSAGE BOARDS / RPGS / FANFICS / OSM)

Posted: 23 January 2019 03:37 PM   [ # 29 ]  
Private 1st Class
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  2012-03-31

Is it safe to assume that the LAM is dead these days?

Signature 

Member of the Earth Liberation Force. WE WILL NOT STOP UNTIL EARTH IS WON BACK FROM THE INBIT!!!

DOL member

Posted: 25 January 2019 01:44 AM   [ # 30 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

Unknown.

A far as I know, the project is still in ‘development hell’. The announcement of a director is about all that’s new. Other then that, it’s been the ‘revolving door’ of producers and writers over the last 10+ years.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
2 of 5