Sergeant
Total Posts:  1114
Joined  2002-02-21
MamaBird - 14 August 2017 10:46 AM
deepspace55 - 14 August 2017 09:23 AM

LOL
Oh that’s Rich.

Oppression,wow let’s talk about that?
U don’t live in Europe, Europe has become like ww2.

England the government owns u.
Etc
That’s oppression cool hmm

Indeed, yet millennials would rather play victims while enjoying
american freedom. Go figure.

You do realize Millennials have been fighting gallantly in conflict, voluntarily, for over a decade, right?
In fact lets take a deeper look at this shall we?
Since the GWOT (Global War on Terror) 16 Medals of Honor have been awarded. (You know, the one that is “awarded to recognize U.S. military service members who distinguished themselves by acts of valor.”)
Here’s a list of MOH GWOT recipients: http://www.homeofheroes.com/moh/war/18_WOT.html
According to the Pew Research Center a millennial is someone born between 81-96: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/03/01/defining-generations-where-millennials-end-and-post-millennials-begin/

Let’s break this down Barney style, shall we?
Of those 16 MOH recipients, 10 are millennials:

Kyle Carpenter - Millennial
Jason Dunham - Millennial
Salvatore Giunta - Millennial
Ross McGinnis - Millennial
Dakota Myer - Millennial
James Miller - Millennial
Michael Monsoor - Millennial
Ryan Pitts - Millennial
Clinton Romesha - Millennial
Kyle White - Millennial

Over 60% of the GWOT MOH recipients are actually millennials.

So please, get off the high horse, and the next time you want to say that American millenials just want to “play the victim” and cash in on American freedom; think twice before you speak and understand that most of our Soldiers, Sailors, and Marines still overseas and very much in harms way (be it Marine Raiders, SEALS, Army special forces getting their hands dirty, or even conventional troops) are millenials.

Signature 

“I hear the revolver go off, but what the hell, it’s 5pm, and not my problem…”
“U P Telephony? I P Urine!”

Posted: 15 July 2018 04:51 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2001-02-24

Gen X all the way baby!

The Mils’ are fine but they got nothing on the X’ers!

After all the Robotech cartoon was made for the Gen X generation! 1985 may mean that some Mils’ were around but they were way to young to understand the show completely.

On a side note ... Why on earth is the word Robotech (on the Robotech website) coming up as a spelling error according to this websites own spell checker? Just curious?
;-p

Signature 

Robotech Marine Corps

Posted: 16 July 2018 12:10 AM   [ # 18 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1587
Joined  2004-12-25

The whole characterization of individuals in these so called “generations” is ridiculous.

At the same age milestones, there were just as many whiners in Gen X as there are with Millennials.

While it is true that the education system, and media have done its fair share to make every generation exponentially less competent than the last, every group manages to have its own segment of “short bus specials”; the baby boomers had hippies, gen-x has hipsters, and millenials has its snowflakes.

Stupid has no special ownership of a generation, it grabs and exploits those who fall for its mermaids song.

Define an individual by his/her own merits and faults, and not by some silly segment, and you will know the real person, and look less of a north side of a south bound mule.

\|\|hamhammer

The hizzeat, on repeat…

Signature 

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Dacschund Squadron Leader (Weinnie One)
“D.O.L.—The hizzeat on repeat!”

Leader of “Disciples Of the Mother (Sammie) And Daughter (Annie)” = D.O.M.A.D.

I
WANT
MY
BETA!!!!!!!

Posted: 01 February 2019 02:29 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1199
Joined  2003-02-13

I am not sure I understand the question. Which generation, wins ...what?

Is the question, which generation has distinguished itself more? Or which generation is more historical significant?

From a practical standpoint, I believe generation X can be declared the winner regarding both questions.  Generation X-ers didn’t get awards for “trying hard”, nor did we need to hide behind a keyboard to fight our battles or meet people, we actually went outside and played and got exercise. Also, we didn’t dare disrespect our teachers, because, if we did, our parents would be notified, and they kick our asses up and down the school building.

Also, during the good ole days, you had to have real talent and work really hard to be able to have a career in sports, acting, music, etc. Now you have people who are famous simply because they have a youtube channel or a lot of followers on Twitter or Facebook.

Generation- Xers had a harder road, because we had to make the transition from analog to digital, from pen and paper to internet cloud services, from Cold War to War on to War on Terror.

All this is merely my opinion. However, I suspect many people, would say that the last great generation that made a lot of noise and didn’t take any crap from anyone was Generation X.

For Those About To Rock We Salute You!

Signature 

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Posted: 01 February 2019 05:00 PM   [ # 20 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  5686
Joined  2007-04-08
whamhammer - 16 July 2018 12:10 AM

The whole characterization of individuals in these so called “generations” is ridiculous.

At the same age milestones, there were just as many whiners in Gen X as there are with Millennials.

While it is true that the education system, and media have done its fair share to make every generation exponentially less competent than the last, every group manages to have its own segment of “short bus specials”; the baby boomers had hippies, gen-x has hipsters, and millenials has its snowflakes.

Stupid has no special ownership of a generation, it grabs and exploits those who fall for its mermaids song.

Define an individual by his/her own merits and faults, and not by some silly segment, and you will know the real person, and look less of a north side of a south bound mule.

\|\|hamhammer

The hizzeat, on repeat…

This.  This.  A thousand times, THIS.

Signature 

If it ain’t in the Robotech show itself… It didn’t neccessarily happen.

Thanks, Carl Macek, for introducing me to all these folks.  Even the ones who bug me.

Posted: 18 November 2022 09:32 PM   [ # 21 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2022-11-18

It was fun tho. Thank you for the details. Are you looking for study aids that make studying less difficult? You’re now capable of writing essays. In light of this, I suggested reading the article at https://letsgradeit.com/tools/best-conclusion-generator/. On this website, you may find more than 100k examples. You may complete your homework more quickly and creatively with the aid of this post, impressing your teacher in the process.

< 1 2
2 of 2