Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
 1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 8
Newbie Lounge Part LVII (Live from atop The Giant Ball O’ Twine in Darwin, Minnesota!)
Posted: 21 July 2014 02:43 AM  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  6615
Joined  2008-02-03

**Begins checking the Giant Twine Ball in order to see if anyone is stuck within its entangled depths**

Welcome to all the Newbies of RT.Com! I am your host for this latest yarn (No pun intended :bonk: ), Bigjoelas, although many call me by my real name, Joe.

So, why have a lounge for Newbies? What is the point of it all. Very good questions, which I am happy to answer. The Newbie Lounge is essentially an auxiliary group of the Dark Fin, whose founding member was in fact, a Finian who sought to give those who newly signed up a place to hang their hats as well as answer any questions they might have.

Here’s some basic information covering commonly asked questions by the new folks at the .COM. This information was copied and pasted from the last run of the Newbie Lounge, and was written by the previous hostess, Bob the Almighty.

there are a few very very common questions asked by the newbs of this site and i the marks woman of the dark fin am here to tell you the answers to all your questions. (or at least 90% of them)

the most commonly asked question on robotech.com…
1.) what is the dark fin?

A.)the dark fin is an orginization led by silver x (silver) and xake the dark (xaky) in the conquest of the world by use of tunas…
i am the offical marks woman of the dark fin… the go to girl for information (sorry been low on that lately due to absences for a while) and sharp shooter (real life to watch out and dont piss me off lol ^-^)
its the offical way to welcome newbies in the dark fin to use the tuna weapon of choice to bonk (or in some cases pulverize) the newbs.

we started up a few years back when our overloards got to gether and created the dark fin… the name of the dark fin came around when the overloards were messing around with tunas (because of the scene with the giant tuna pulverizing the side of the ship in rt) and the diologue went something like this mind you i wasnt there (wasnt even a member yet) when it happend so your hearing this through secondary sources
“come join the dark side of the fin!“xaky
“i am the dark side of the fin!“silver

and thus the dark fin was slowly created…
by the time i joined in oh i think it was 02 they had not yet fully started bonking and the group was small only a few members…

many have tried to oppose the dark fin such as the dark cookie, myself, and another group i cant

remember right now but as you’ll notice none survived.

the dark cookie went down with their leader(dont know where she went)
i went down with well i guess i just broke down, cant beat um’ join um’
and well the others you’ll notice there is only a little opposition around the site because we have been around so long…

2.)What Can I Do to Earn Points?/what are points?

A.) points determin your rank on the site

Logging in : 1 point per day
Taking a trivia test : 5 points + first test score
Filling out a poll : 10 points
Submitting content : 10 points (with approval)
Filling out a survey : 25 points
Winning a contest : varies by contest

3.)What Ranks Can I Attain?

a.)Participating members are eligible for the following ranks by meeting the listed requirements for each:

Private : Automatic with Registration
Private 1st Class : 200 points
Corporal : 500 points
Sergeant: 1200 points
Master Sergeant: 2000 points
Master Chief Sergeant: 3200 points
Lieutenant : 5000 points
Lieutenant Commander : Manual promotion by Robotech.com
Commander : Robotech.com moderators only
Captain : Robotech.com administrators only

What Does “Manual Promotion” Mean?
To avoid abuse of the points system, the highest ranks for members (Lt. Commander and above) require promotion directly from a Robotech.com staff member. Users who have demonstrated themselves not only to be dedicated fans, but also to be friendly and helpful to the community in general, will receive this honor.

dont use tuna unless your in the dark fin

now as a warning i post this for reference:

King Raptor

HEY NEWBIE!!!!*whacks athrun sterling with tuna*
HELLO OLDBIES!!!!*bonks the others as well* let the tuna fly.

SilverX

I sense a Dark Finian in this King Raptor person.

*bonks Raptor with a Tuna*

But just to let you know. ONLY Dark Fin members can legally use the Tuna and bonking with a Tuna.

*bonks King Raptor several more times*

from when king raptor was a noob

4.)How do I go about joining the Dark Fin?

Untitled:
In any event, how does one go about petitioning to join the Dark Fin? Is there a quest, or challenges? Any chance I could lose appendages or large amounts of blood? Because if so, count me in.

A.) thruthful answer is no… come up with a unique name for yourself with a title and go to the

lords of the dark fin xake the dark or silverx and pettition to them ^^ its that simple

yes as a side note ... most of the questions asked by noobs are about the dark fin not surprisingly raspberry

Well, there you have it. Stop by, have a brew on us & kick your feet up.

WELCOME!!

Signature 

Miriya Sterling Fan Club Supporter

K.I.L.L. Member

Posted: 21 July 2014 02:48 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2008-02-03

Well…yeah its been nearly a year since I was last on here (Life sometimes, eh? :p ). Not sure who’ll stop by, but I’ll at least kick things off by explaining my extended absence. As usual, I’ll leave it to Youtube to explain & at least give this thread a post in case it goes down quickly and quietly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gg9dzwziec&list=UU2nPLKT5yMdVB5HoBpxRs8g

Signature 

K.I.L.L. Member

Posted: 23 July 2014 11:59 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2008-02-03

*Nearly trips over a tipped barstool in the darkness*

“I can’t see…its too dark. I wonder what happened to everyone? Come to think of it…”

*Fumbles with flashlight and switches on before having a look around.*

“...where is everyone? The tavern looks like its been uninhabited for awhile now. I couldn’t have possibly been gone this long?”

*Ponders*

“Have I? Have I??”

Signature 

K.I.L.L. Member

Posted: 27 July 2014 10:20 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2008-02-03

*Looks around before sadly nodding at the only other soul in the joint*

“I suppose was gone for far too long, Mini-Sabre. It is something I have come to regret. If there are any hard feelings concerning my extended absence, I can understand that and, for what its worth I apologize.”

*Takes another look around*

“Perhaps its best to let this place go with dignity Mini-Sabre, at least for the time-being. We’ll always have the memories, past threads to sift through and such…they were good times…good times indeed.

All I can hope is that the story isn’t finished quite yet and that there will be new stories to tell someday.”

Mini-Sabre silently shrugs in similar melancholy before retrieving his Cello and proceeding to play Nearer My God to Thee. Allowing himself the tiniest crack of a smile at the sight of Mini-Sabre flawlessly handling & playing an instrument at least twice his size, Joe quietly retrieves his violin and joins Mini-Sabre in the Concerto, subsequently closing his eyes in an attempt to remain in sync.

Signature 

K.I.L.L. Member

Posted: 01 August 2014 10:19 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  13776
Joined  2008-07-20

(Sabre falls through one of Joe’s traps in the in the wall’s)

Signature 

A devoted member of the newbie lounge.

A member A.k.L.

Member of R.M.C. (Robotech Motorcycle Clube)

A Lisa Hayes Fan Club Member.

The Owner of the Miriya Sterling Fan Club.

A member of K.I.L.L.

A psycho mad man of the dark fin.

Long live Macross.

Posted: 01 August 2014 12:16 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2008-02-03

“Sabre!”

*Stops playing instrument, before turning around to face the hole in the wall*

“Oh dear…the portal to the Dimension of Cataclysmic Cataclysm has opened up again.”

*Looks around*

“Well, there’s nothing to do here at the moment. Mind the store, Sabre II…”

Walking up to the portal, Joe begins to feel like his old self again. A smile crosses his face before he jumps in.  What awaits the two? What strange, exciting and downright dangerous hijinks will the duo find themselves facing?? Find out…when I feel like posting next. :p

((If you’re planning to hang around for a while Sabre, it may be time to bring back Miriya’s thread. I think I’ll be around for a while to help keep it going.))

Signature 

K.I.L.L. Member

Posted: 01 August 2014 12:53 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  372
Joined  2002-04-15

I remember the Darkfin when it was in it’s infancy

Signature 

We Meeseeks are not born into this world fumbling for meaning. We are created to serve a singular purpose for which we will go to any lengths to fufill! Existence is pain to a Meeseeks,  And we will do anything to alleviate that pain!

Posted: 01 August 2014 02:57 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2008-02-03

Howdy, Vault Dweller and welcome!

“Wait…how are you here if you went through the portal, Joe?” Williard, the intellectually gifted rodent replies.

“Well…Astral Projection?”

Signature 

K.I.L.L. Member

Posted: 01 August 2014 06:20 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2008-07-20

Well Joe, I’ll think about it.

Now enough about me. Who’s skirt were you hidding under all this time.  :p

Signature 

A member A.k.L.

A member of K.I.L.L.

Long live Macross.

Posted: 01 August 2014 06:43 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2008-02-03

No skirt, I just had to navigate through a sea of challenges this past year. The two biggest challenges, by far were the relocation, far from home/family/friends and new job acclimation.

Signature 

K.I.L.L. Member

Posted: 02 August 2014 10:11 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2008-07-20

Some time later Sabre & Joe emerge from the portal to find themselve’s in a strange world animals rule the world.

Signature 

A member A.k.L.

A member of K.I.L.L.

Long live Macross.

Posted: 02 August 2014 11:51 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2008-02-03

“Je vous ennuie avec des d├ętails personnels?”

“...WHat?!”

“Never mind, Joe curtly shakes his head before having a look around, Looking ordinary enough, the two seemed to be in the middle of a grassy knoll. A single Acacia tree stands alone in the far-off distance. The animals Sabre had mentioned gallop off in random directions, each with diamond-encrusted crowns on their heads and scepters in their mouths.

“Joe, this is just a sunny field with animal royalty!!”

“Wait for it…” Joe replies, taking out his pocket watch to check the time. A bright flash soon envelops the field, followed by what sounded to be a distorted piano melody. The next time Sabre attempted to speak, his words came out slow and distorted before slowly coming back to normal.

“I don’t FEEL any different!” Sabre replies while attempting to scratch his head, only to discover he couldn’t find his head, at least not in its normal location. In fact, neither him, Joe, animal or the surrounding area looked to have any balance of perspective.

“Whats going on?!”

“Oh dear…seems Jeff is daydreaming about Cubism again.”

“Cubism? JEFF??”

Art to answer your first question. As for the second…” Joe begins before leaning against the now-unrecognizable Acacia that has somehow shifted position to the foreground.

“You see…this dimension exists as a forum for our host, Jeff to daydream.”

“WHO is Jeff?”

“Jeff is a assembly line worker for Zastava in late 80’s Kragujevac. His daydreams are a form of escapism from the real world.”

“Well…duh!”

“You asked, Sabre…”

Signature 

K.I.L.L. Member

Posted: 03 August 2014 03:45 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2008-07-20

“Okay Joe how do we get out of Jeff’s daydream?” Sabre ask’s Joe. Joe looks at Sabre and shrugs.

“So your not telling me because I’ll just freak out, right.” Saber says to Joe, and Joe just nods his head.

Signature 

A member A.k.L.

A member of K.I.L.L.

Long live Macross.

Posted: 03 August 2014 07:35 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2008-02-03

Looking around, Joe speaks in a voice low enough so Sabre could hear yet now quite loud enough for anyone else to pick up.

“I…actually made that last part up. You see, there isn’t really a Jeff.”

“Well…” Sabre speaks aloud before Joe quietly gestures for him to speak softly.

“...well, who’s daydream is this, then?”

“I wish I knew, honestly.” Without warning, a familiar yet distant voice permeates the surrounding area with an echo.

“Clones are for losers. Take your beatings as they are offered.”

*Scuffling noises, followed by brief pause*

““Hey, Unt? Beer me, bro.”

“It sounds like….” Sabre begins before the voice resumed.”

“Wow… everyone’s getting along and not trying to kill each other today. Relaxing. I’ll take a gallon of Mr. Pibb, cold, no ice…”

*Another brief pause ensues*

“Ok… The Pibb was good, but I’m gonna go get a BIG STEAK for dinner, and I’m gonna have me a BIG BEER to go with it.

So there….”

“...it sounds like Dread!” Sabre finishes.

“Yes, this sounds a little too familiar” Joe nods in agreement. Having a hunch, he takes out his PADD and performs a search.”

“Well….mystery solved.”

“What?”

“It would seem that we have gone back in time in Dread’s subconscious, namely early 2008.”

“Wasn’t that around the time you first signed up for RT.Com Joe?”

“Indeed & from the sound of things, it seems we are back in the Wolf Den Edition of the Newbie Lounge.” Joe surmises. “Come, we don’t want to foul up the timeline! Lets head back…”

Pointing towards the wormhole, Sabre proceeds to jump in, followed by Joe. When both exit, however they were greeted by an unexpected surprise.

“Joe?” Gaiseric nearly spits out his Hoegaarden while glancing between the new Joe and the younger one peering from the barstool with an quizzical look. Nearby, Dog1 was adjusting the thermostat while Unt stared at his glass before replying.

“I don’t know what is in this, but I’ll have another.”

“WHO is that?!” Gaiseric replies, pointing at Sabre with suspicion. Just then, Dread walks back with a skewer of roasted gelatinous blobs, the pilot to his flamethrower still lit. Seeing the two Joe’s and the stranger ((OOC: You hadn’t signed up yet, Sabre)) the Big Marine sighs and stoically glances down at the two.

“You have exactly three minutes to explain to me who your colleague is and why I’m seeing double of you, Joe”

Signature 

K.I.L.L. Member

Posted: 04 August 2014 09:22 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2008-07-20

Looks at Joe “Well this is another mess you gotten me into Joe.” Sabre says to Joe.  -_-

Signature 

A member A.k.L.

A member of K.I.L.L.

Long live Macross.

Posted: 04 August 2014 07:40 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2008-02-03

At that, Dread’s eyes glow even brighter, evoking silence from Sabre. Returning to his barstool, Dread sits down and prepares to eat his meal. Without looking over, Dread keeps the pressure on the two for answers.

“I’m still waiting, Joe.”

“Did one of those blobs sound like Morgan Freeman?”

“Well, um…yes…but how is that relevant?”

“Its relevant, because in approximately thirty seconds, an army of gelatinous blobs will appear outside wanting a word with you.” As if on cue, a series of angry murmurs from outside permeate the lounge. Getting up from his barstool, the younger Joe opens the door & sees HUNDREDS of blobs outside with pitchforks & torches, surrounding the Newbie Lounge. With little change from the way Joe had recalled, the scene pretty much played out exactly as it had nearly several years ago.

*Lead Blob Steps forward*

*Morgan Freeman blob* Nice work ~US~ Dreadnought. But… you forgot ME! Now me and my blob army intend to destroy this chaotic lounge, once and for all! Unless….. you surrender to us peacefully, in which case, I’ll spare the lives of the rest of the lounge inhabitants.

Young Joe: “Umm…. I’m not Dread. I’ll give him the message though.”

*Young Joe heads over to bar where everybody is enjoying their drinks*

“Hey, Dread. Freeman Blob and his thousand-man blob army want to have a word with you.”

((Dread’s writing))

Dread looks up from his fresh steak, “They’re outside?”

“Yeah…”

“They want me?”

“Apparently.”

“How… predictable. I wonder if we’ll get them all this time… Hold on for a second. Combat Flight Control, this Bonecrusher 3, do you copy?”

From a small speaker set in the side of Dread’s helmet, a voice responds, “Bonecrusher 3, Combat. Say your traffic.”

“Combat, Bonecrusher. I need a napalm run at my coordinates. Danger close.”

“Bonecrusher, Combat, copy nape run, danger close. Banshee 102 will respond this channel. Combat, clear.”

“Copy, Combat. Break. Banshee 102, Bonecrusher 3, do you copy, over?”

The new voice has an almost lazy drawl to it, “Bonecrusha 3, Banshee 102 reads ya loud an clear. Call yer shot. Over.”

“Banshee, Bonecrusher. Nape run at my coordinates, Danger close. Coverage radius, one zero zero zero, say again, one thousand meters. Burn ‘em out.”

“Banshee copies, Bonecrusha. You sit back and have yourself a siesta. Inbound. Three zero seconds.”

Dread begins to cut off the next bite of his steak, and sees Joe heading for the door.

“Joe, unless you want to get cooked, I’d leave the door closed for few more minutes.”

“Really? I wanted to watch.”

“I’ll get you a copy of the gun camera footage. Don’t open the door. I won’t be happy if my second steak gets trashed.”

“Oh… I can see how that would be bad.”

A moment later, the sound Marine fighters can be heard growing louder bit by bit. Suddenly, the tavern shakes like its in the midst of a hurricane. The temperature inside spikes more than 50 degrees, bringing on a sudden desire for more cold adult beverages. After the trembling has died and the heat has abated a bit, the sound of aircraft engines can be heard again. Shortly, the sound fades out as the aircraft leave the area.

“Bonecrusha 3, Banshee 102. That goose has been cooked. Do ya’ll need anything else?”

“Banshee, Bonecrusher. We’re good to go now. Feel free to drop by for a cold one. I owe you.”

“Roga that, Bonecrusha. Ah’m takin’ this bird back to the barn. I might just drop by in a little while. Banshee 102, clear.”

“Bonecrusher 3, clear.”

Dread turns back to Joe, “I’d have to say that the problem has been resolved. You’re welcome to check, if you like, but I’d give it a while. The smell will be pretty overpowering.”

((End Dread’s writing))

At that, Dread stands up and walks over to Future Joe and Sabre.

Now…time to turn my attention to other matters, as far as our new guests. What brought you two here from the future?”

Signature 

K.I.L.L. Member

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 8