1 2 > 
1 of 2
I just saw Transformers 4. 
Posted: 27 June 2014 09:10 PM  
Corporal
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  2010-11-11

Same ole same ole.
Same ole sensory overload.  Nothing new.  Well except for the Dinobots.  But man, it wasn’t anything spectacular. 
The acting wasn’t good.
And too many bad jokes.  Bay or the writer was trying too hard.

Posted: 27 June 2014 09:32 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1199
Joined  2003-02-13

But man, it wasn’t anything spectacular.
The acting wasn’t good.

Wait a minute ... there was acting in the movie?

^_^

Signature 

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Posted: 27 June 2014 09:34 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2010-11-11

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Well played Sir.  Well played!

Posted: 07 July 2014 09:51 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  890
Joined  2001-02-16

T4 was the best so far, the human element was more developed and toned down, fans got more robot vs robot and it setup a future for atleast another two movies. Sure there were issues but this movie actually made the human factor make sense.

Signature 

25 Year’s wow thats gone quick!

Posted: 08 July 2014 05:41 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1733
Joined  2001-04-17

funny, Freedom is a right to all sentient beings went out the window when Prime found out the humans tried to kill him!

Signature 

Shadow Squad 279 Commanding Officer

It has ended! Is it really over Optimus? I mean have we seen the end of this war, forever? Who can say Spike! Is anything in this vast universe truly forever!

Optimus Prime and Spike

Posted: 11 July 2014 02:00 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  553
Joined  2008-05-01

Saw this on Tuesday in 3D. The best one of the series, excluding the 1986 animated movie. Still needed work, but it’s at least a step in the right direction.

The Tessa and Shane love story is boring. Did we really need another stupid attempt at a love story? Galvatron feels tacked on, and frankly might-as-well had been saved for part 5. But the human characters were a bit of an improvement over the circus freaks featured in the previous films. Mark Walhberg’s character is my favorite human character so far, even if I don’t buy him as a farmer/inventor.

I look forward to TRANSFORMERS 5. I hope it has the Quintessons. And maybe Unicron could arrive in part 6. I would like to see Primus too, but that may be too much to ask for.

Signature 

“Well look at that, you astonish me. You’re still alive.”
- Colonel B.D. Andrews (ROBOTECH: THE MOVIE)

Posted: 12 July 2014 01:54 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2010-11-11

Still waiting for my all time favorite Autobot, Prowl.

Posted: 12 July 2014 02:03 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2010-11-11

Bayformers also had some bad jokes.  I mean, they were trying too hard to make us laugh.  But fell flat.  It was beyond pathetic. 

Just like the stupid love story that didn’t need to be there. 
I mean, what are they trying to do?  Emulate the love story in Empire?

Also, Mark Wahlberg doesn’t look old enough to be her dad.  They can pass as boyfriend and girlfriend.  That’s a miscasting thing—like Ben Assflex as Bats. 

Here are some good things.
I like when the boyfriend says to Marky Mark: “I’m not here to help you find your daughter.  You’re here to help me find my girlfriend.” 
Now that was cool. 

That death-defying cable walk towards the skyscraper was also cool.

Posted: 12 July 2014 07:17 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2003-02-13

My brother dragged me to see it.

It was more of “return of the son of the EXPLOSION.” In other words ... same ole same ole.

However, the biggest laugh out loud moment in the movie for me was when Marky Mark had his “KHAAAAN!” moment.

I lost it right there.

:rofl:

Signature 

Posted: 12 July 2014 08:07 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  11312
Joined  2003-09-16

Also, Mark Wahlberg doesn’t look old enough to be her dad. They can pass as boyfriend and girlfriend. That’s a miscasting thing

Mark Wahlberg is 43!  In the movie, his daughter is said to be 17 years old (and the actress was 18 at the time of filming)!  That means he got her mom pregnant when he 25!

Signature 

“Nothing’s difficult, everything’s a challenge.  Through adversity to the stars. To the last plane, to the last bullet to the last men to the last minute, we fight!  We fight!!  We fight!!! WE FIGHT!!  WE FIGHT!!!”

Posted: 13 July 2014 09:14 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2010-11-11

@Sinn—the son of the EXPLOSION was hilarious!
And… which part was the KHAAAAN moment?  I don’t remember that. 

@BChaos
The key word is “look”.  Marky Mark doesn’t “look” old enough to be her dad.  Yes he is in his 40s and daughter in late teenage years.  I actually did the research after watching the movie, to see if the math is right. And the ages are spot on.
It’s the perception issue.
Perception is reality, even though it’s not the truth.

Marky Mark doesn’t look like he’s 43.  Especially since he’s all buff.  He looks more like 33. 
The daughter doesn’t look 17/18.  She looks more like 27/28.

So, a 33-year old looking Marky Mark and a 27-year old looking daughter, perception-wise, their ages are close enough for them to pass off as BF/GF.
Just my thoughts.

Posted: 13 July 2014 09:41 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  11312
Joined  2003-09-16

But is that really a miscasting thing?  Maybe we should just get used to the fact that some people look old/younger than they really are.  I still get carded all the time, and I’m around the same age as Mark W.

But I understand what you’re saying.  On The Walking Dead, Emily Kinney plays Beth Greene.  The character Beth is about 16, but Emily Kinney is 28.

However, despite the fact that I know she’s 28, looking at her it’s easy to believe that she’s 16.  In fact, it’s hard to see her as 28.

http://www.celebritybirthdaysinaugust.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/emily-kinney-4.jpg

Signature 

“Nothing’s difficult, everything’s a challenge.  Through adversity to the stars. To the last plane, to the last bullet to the last men to the last minute, we fight!  We fight!!  We fight!!! WE FIGHT!!  WE FIGHT!!!”

Posted: 13 July 2014 10:46 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2010-11-11

Yeah it’s all about perception.

Harrison Ford was 47 when Last Crusade came out.  His love interest, Allison Doody, was in her 20s.  He’s old enough to be her father.  But he looks like he’s in his 30s, so the love interest angle worked for them.

Posted: 14 July 2014 01:36 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2003-02-13

@Sinn—the son of the EXPLOSION was hilarious!
And… which part was the KHAAAAN moment? I don’t remember that.

The part where Marky Marks daughter (Tessa) gets taken by the bad guys then he dramatically yells out. I laughed my head off! Watching Mark Wahlberg trying to show anguish or grief is painful but extremely funny.

But seriously, there is no reason why Transformer 4 is 165 minutes. After the first 90 minutes I was bored with the whole thing. Nearly three hours of EXPLOSIONS and terrible one-liners followed by more BIGGER EXPLOSIONS.

Talk about torture. D:

Signature 

Posted: 14 July 2014 09:59 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2010-11-11

LOL. 
Too funny.  Torture indeed. 

I don’t remember that Khan moment.  I guess I dozed off during that particular scene.

Posted: 15 July 2014 02:11 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2003-02-13

Can’t say I blame you ... the movie was really long.

That seems to be an annoying trend in movies today ... two plus hour long films that don’t need to be. It might be hard for some directors to accept, but sometimes, even in the movie business, less is indeed more.

Signature 

1 2 > 
1 of 2