Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Patlabor Series and Movies
Posted: 12 April 2013 10:00 PM  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2004-04-21

Has anyone seen the series? I have the limited editions of Patlabor movies 1 and 2. I was wondering if the series is on dvd or blu-ray?

Posted: 13 April 2013 08:17 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  755
Joined  2003-04-11

i have season 2 of patlabor on dvd. the one i have is a bit unusual since only the first episode is dubbed while the rest of the series is all subs only. can’t tell you if the first season is on dvd/blueray so you’ll have to check elsewhere.

Signature 

Life is a dream of three.

Posted: 13 April 2013 09:11 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  19930
Joined  2004-01-13

I’ve seen it on dvd though.

Signature 

SCRT.com Girl’s Club:
I   am…“PEACHES!!”

MM Triumvirate!!

That Guy…of the Dark Fin.

Official RT.Com BOBA FETT

AITTTC-MOTCZ!!

Posted: 14 April 2013 10:06 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  5931
Joined  2002-01-27

I have the original OVA, the series, and the movies as well.  The discs are hard to come by right now, but thankfully the show is being re-released on bluray.  I have my copy of the OVA on pre-order at rightstuf.com, which will be released on 4/30/13.  It’s my understanding that the tv series will also be released on Blu later. 

Unfortunately they stopped dubbing the tv series about half way through, which is a shame as there are some great eps in the latter half that would have been a riot if dubbed.  ;_;

Overall it’s a great show, though the dub is annoying until it grows on you.

Signature 

D.O.L. Member
XbL: Treiz Faction
The ORIGINAL meh!!!

Posted: 14 April 2013 11:10 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2001-02-28

The entire series is available on DVD.  The original OVA is hard to find but is due out on Blu-ray any day now.  I don’t know that they will release everything in that format but I will get whatever comes out.  Great show and highly recommended.  The OVA’s and Movies are actually a separate timeline from the TV series so anyone watching for the first time should try not to reconcile inconsistencies between them.  Good hunting!  I know you will love it.

Posted: 26 April 2013 01:03 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2001-02-28

The new blu-ray and it certainly implies B-ray for the entire series on the box (has a little timeline bar on it etc).  Haven’t viewed yet but I can’t wait!

Posted: 27 April 2013 10:10 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  5931
Joined  2002-01-27

got mine as well.  can’t wait to check it out!

Signature 

D.O.L. Member
XbL: Treiz Faction
The ORIGINAL meh!!!

Posted: 03 August 2019 06:50 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1801
Joined  2002-11-08

Usta have the first two movies.  Four moves with the Army later they were all either lost or broken.  One day I will have the entire set.

Signature 

ROBOTECH MARINE CORPS

Author of ROBOTECH: The Exodus Journals