Password   forgot password?
 1 2 > 
1 of 2
The Mouse Is Strong With This One.
Posted: 30 October 2012 03:57 PM  
Private
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2012-06-18

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/the-walt-disney-company-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-episode-vii-set-for-2015

Thats right StarWars fans the mouse now owns Lucas Flims. Post you thoughts on the matter an let the people know what you think.

Signature 

‘Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee.’—Captain Ahab, Mobby Dick

Posted: 30 October 2012 05:51 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  820
Joined  2002-07-12

Shrewd one, that Lucas is. While this news may be a surprise to many, it’s probably been in the works for a while behind closed doors. 4.05 billion, wow!

But right off the bat, Disney wants Episode VII, and has already targeted 2015 as a release date.

The Empire continues to consolidate its power across the galaxy, but personally, I’m excited…

Signature 

“Hello, my name is Human…”

Posted: 30 October 2012 06:48 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  215
Joined  2012-06-25

Not sure how I feel about this one.  :|

Signature 

85er for LIFE!“Two there should be, no more no less:one to embody the power, the other to crave it.” Darth Bane"I’m not going to kill you…I have use for you.” Darth Sidious

Posted: 30 October 2012 07:33 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1303
Joined  2003-07-12

Hahaha! Star Wars Episode VII: The Old Man Strikes Back. I wish I could say I’m hyped, excited, etc., but I’m not. Maybe having Disney suits in charge can restore my interest in the franchise. We’ll see. At this point, I’m sure Goofy can write a better story than Lucas.

:ninja:

Signature 

The Wolfdog Pack is forever. For friendship & for the memories:

Alaska&Grizzly;, Mac&Danni;, Tyr&Tami;, Denali,Thunder… and Midnight.“You think dogs will not be in Heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us!” - R.L. Stevenson

Posted: 30 October 2012 10:54 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  5052
Joined  2006-09-13

I can foresee tons of fandom hate especially if it contradicts the novels.

Posted: 31 October 2012 12:22 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43352
Joined  2001-02-16

Disney will adapt the Thrawn novel trilogy by Timothy Zahn as the bases for the new movies. Or The Dark Empire comic storyline from Dark Horse.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 31 October 2012 01:01 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  1480
Joined  2011-01-03

So Uncle Walt now has both Marvel AND the Star Wars Universe as his assets, eh? This should prove interesting as George Lucas said repeatedly in interviews that Episodes I-VI or Star Wars make up the entire saga from an originally planned 12 then nine films.It should be interesting to see if Star Wars can be revived and if there will still be a fan base for it.

Signature 

“Risk is our business”
      -Captain James T.Kirk"Speak your mind. Its a free country.”
      -Captain America

Posted: 31 October 2012 01:50 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  4191
Joined  2001-02-16

I’m really excited, I’m glad to see Lucas staying with it in a creative capacity too, should be great!

Signature 

She’s speechless! -The Missing Link

She? -B.O.B.

Yes. We are in the prescence of the rare female monster. -Dr. Cockroach P.H.D.

No way! It’s a boy; look at his boobies! -B.O.B.

We need to have a talk. -The Missing Link

MSFC

Posted: 31 October 2012 04:23 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  9981
Joined  2001-07-03

PUT UP VIDEO OF GEORGE LUCAS TALKING ABOUT IT AND DISNEY REPS GIVING AN INTERVIEW HERE

YUP, LUCAS GETS 50% CASH AND 50% DISNEY STOCK AND DISNEY ALREADY SAYING THEY GOING TO MAKE SW 7,8, AND 9 PLUS ONE MOVIE EVERY 2 YEARS AFTER THAT.

http://www.robotechx.com/forums/43-movies-tv-and-sci-fi/19697-star-wars-7-2015-disney-buys-lucas-arts-and-star-wars.html#19701

Signature 

IF IT DOESN’T EXIST…..HECK, BUILD IT.

I “THE GOOD AND TRUE”, A SUPERMAN COMPLEX

L.A. ANIME EXPO-CON HERE I COME.
SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON HERE I COME

72ND AIRWING DRAGON SQUADRON
CPL. M.“MEMO” DOMINION
DRAGON 9

Posted: 31 October 2012 06:39 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  326
Joined  2001-02-16

Disney will adapt the Thrawn novel trilogy by Timothy Zahn as the bases for the new movies. Or The Dark Empire comic storyline from Dark Horse.

Actually Lucas said he wrote extensive treatments on 7-9 and turned them over to Kathleen Kennedy and Disney to get made.  This is George’s Sequel Trilogy, not a book or comic book setting.

This will complete the 9 episode saga, with the other movies taking place in the universe but separate from the 9 episode saga.

This info is in the videos and press releases.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 7-9 SINCE 1983!!!  THANK YOU GEORGE AND DISNEY!!!

Posted: 31 October 2012 06:46 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1273
Joined  2002-06-02

Stunning news with sweeping implications.

Some more immediate concerns:

The effect on the Clone Wars cartoon. Will it continue and perhaps, more importantly, will it stay on CN or be switched to DisneyXD?

One of the foundation stones of Dark Horse has been their Star Wars license. But Disney already has a comic company. If and when will Star Wars switch to Marvel?

Signature 

Verda Gildr - ‘Become Worthy’

Posted: 31 October 2012 01:46 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1598
Joined  2001-02-16

yeah, i recall way back in the day that GL prepped for a triple trilogy…but had decided after Episode III that he didn’t have it in him to spend another decade manning the helm with three more films. Im interested to know what a third trilogy will cover…my bet is that it will shoot quite ahead in the future.  but why wouldn’t it? it’s been decades since return of the Jedi.

mars2172…i’m sure Disney will honor all of the licenses such as they have done with the Marvel properties….but like the Marvel Universe, I am sure that they very much wish to control the entire property.

Posted: 31 October 2012 04:02 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2002-07-12

The effect on the Clone Wars cartoon. Will it continue and perhaps, more importantly, will it stay on CN or be switched to DisneyXD?

The Clone Wars is co-produced by Time-Warner, the parent company of Cartoon Network. Warner also owns the home video rights to the show too. It’d be financially more sound for Disney to allow the series to finish on CN rather than try to buy them out (that way, Disney can still get their cut from the show without losing any money in the process). Disney could then launch an all-new show of their own on Disney XD.

One of the foundation stones of Dark Horse has been their Star Wars license. But Disney already has a comic company. If and when will Star Wars switch to Marvel?

Not even Dark Horse knows for certain. They know that they still have the license for now, but whether or not Disney even cares about Star Wars comics remains to be seen (they only bought Marvel for its characters for use in TV and movie projects, not for its comic publishing division).

But it is possible for Dark Horse to retain the license because one of the ways Lucasfilms made its money is by licensing its properties to others like Dark Horse, Del Rey, Hasbro, etc.

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 05:15 AM   [ # 13 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  9981
Joined  2001-07-03

ADDED MARK HAMIL INTERVIEW IN RTX OF HIS REACTION. HERES A SMALL BLURP.

Yeah, last August, he asked Carrie and I to have lunch with him and we did. I thought he was going to talk about either his retirement or the Star Wars TV series that I’ve heard about — which I don’t think we were going to be involved in anyway, because that takes place between the prequels and the ones we were in and, if Luke were in them, he’d be anywhere from a toddler to a teenager so they’d get an age-appropriate actor

AND FUTURE ON VIDEO GAMES. (SMALL BLURP AGAIN)

Update: The future of AAA console games from LucasArts seems to be in doubt. Disney CEO Robert Iger spoke at an investor’s call, which Polygon picked up: “We’re likely to focus more on social and mobile than we are on console. We’ll look opportunistically at console, most likely in licensing rather than publishing, but we think that given the nature of these characters and how well known they are, and the storytelling, that they lend themselves quite nicely, as they’ve already demonstrated to the other platforms.”

:D

Signature 

IF IT DOESN’T EXIST…..HECK, BUILD IT.

I “THE GOOD AND TRUE”, A SUPERMAN COMPLEX

L.A. ANIME EXPO-CON HERE I COME.
SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON HERE I COME

72ND AIRWING DRAGON SQUADRON
CPL. M.“MEMO” DOMINION
DRAGON 9

Posted: 02 November 2012 03:18 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2002-09-05

Disney could do some great things with the franchise - Kingdom Hearts III comes to mind, plus they’ve got a relationship with Star Wars already (Star Tours), so hopefully, they won’t make too many changes.

What I want to know is, will they FINALLY get the live-action TV series running?

Signature 

Steve Rogers: “Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?”
Tony Stark: “Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.”
- THE AVENGERS

Posted: 02 November 2012 07:04 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2002-07-12

What I want to know is, will they FINALLY get the live-action TV series running?

My bet is that it won’t be like the one originally proposed—Star Wars: Underworld. As usually happens when there’s a change of ownership in Hollywood, some ideas are either buried or totally retooled by new people coming in.

I also don’t think we’ll see it until after the end of the new trilogy, which could be about ten to twelve years from now, IMO…

Signature 

1 2 > 
1 of 2