Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
If You Could Write the Script for a LAM of a Cartoon Or Anime, What Would It Be?
Posted: 27 October 2012 02:37 AM  
Corporal
Total Posts:  1480
Joined  2011-01-03

We’ve been discussing seeing favorite TV Cartoons and Anime being made into live action films, so I was wondering, given a chance, which cartoons or anime would YOU like to be given a chance to write the first draft script,if you were asked to do so?
Feel free to cite as many cartoons/anime as you like, but be sure its the shows you REALLY want to take a crack at writing a script for.
My picks?
1)MASK: I’d love to do this! It would
be a straight action-adventure detailing the team’s formation with emphasis on Matt Trakker,Miles Mayhem, Gloria Baker, Hondo McLane, Alex Sector, Sly Rax and Vanessa Warfield. We’d also see why Matt adopted Scott Trakker.
2)Totally Spies! Since its the 50th anniversary of James Bond, why not? I’d love to help cast for this, too. It would be real action adventure film with touches of humor. If age weren’t an issue (as the gals are high school students), I think Gwyneth Paltrow, Halle Berry, and Cameron Diaz would be natural choices for Sam, Alex and Clover, with Patrick Stewart as Jerry and perhaps Cobie Smulders as Britney.
3)Macross: This would adapt the Japanese version as I wanna ensure Capt. Gloval and his bridge crew, especially Vanessa and Kim, survive. smile It would be faithful to the original series and would call in a lot of scenes from the anime like Rick rescuing Minmei as seen in Countdown, or the SDF1 transforming to Storm Attack Mode.
4)The Centurions: This would be straight science fiction. Since the core members aren’t teens, but are adults, this should prove easier to cast. It would detail the team’s formation and the establishment of Sky Vault and the Assault Weapons Systems, as well as the origin of Doc Terror and why he wants world control.
5)Gallery Fake: This would be a whodunit. It would be a cross between Indiana Jones and The Da Vinci Code. Its too bad Reiji Fujita’s Japanese; were he American, Tom Hanks would be a shoo in. Of course, Sara Halifa would be a challenge as she’s an Arab Princess, and I don’t know of any known Arab actresses in the 18-21 years old range.
6)ROD the TV: This would be fun as this was my first anime. It would call for a lot of FX from ILM, that’s for sure. The focus would be on Michelle, Maggie and Anita and Nenene.
So, what anime would you like to take a shot at writing the script for a live action version?

Signature 

“Risk is our business”
      -Captain James T.Kirk"Speak your mind. Its a free country.”
      -Captain America

Posted: 29 October 2012 12:02 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  4191
Joined  2001-02-16

Robotech of course!  :D

It would (in my opinion) have to be sectionalized.  I don’t see the Macross section of Robotech even being done well in less than two parts, I would make it three parts.  The first going until the SDF-1 reaches the Earth again, the Second would go until the destruction of Dolza’s fleet and the Third part would finish.

I’d also like to make a Transformers movie based on the 1980’s cartoon (I have no idea what Michael Bay based his on), as well as Inuyasha and Tenchi Muyo.

Signature 

She’s speechless! -The Missing Link

She? -B.O.B.

Yes. We are in the prescence of the rare female monster. -Dr. Cockroach P.H.D.

No way! It’s a boy; look at his boobies! -B.O.B.

We need to have a talk. -The Missing Link

MSFC

Posted: 29 October 2012 03:55 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1598
Joined  2001-02-16

I’d love to take a crack at a Ghost in the Shell script, but I don’t think I can get that cerebral in my writing.

Nausicaa and the Valley of Wind LAM…that would be awesome.

I once started a script for a Speed Racer a long while back, but stopped when I heard Wachowskis were all over it.  It had a B.A. bank robbery opening…and all of the characters were going to be Japanese American, using their original last name, Goh, and not the lame Racer surname.  However, I loved the Speed Racer movie.

Posted: 29 October 2012 07:55 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  19930
Joined  2004-01-13

Robotech

Dominion/New Dominion Tank Police

Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross

The Shogun Worriers

Casltvania 4 as a movie, possibly the first one.

Signature 

SCRT.com Girl’s Club:
I   am…“PEACHES!!”

MM Triumvirate!!

That Guy…of the Dark Fin.

Official RT.Com BOBA FETT

AITTTC-MOTCZ!!

Posted: 29 October 2012 11:17 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  5052
Joined  2006-09-13

In 2007 I typed a treatment for a robotech new generation live adaptation.

Turned out it was way to similar to terminator salvation.
Scott Bernard and Ariel were essentially terminator’s Marcus character, split into 2. Scott is the “soldier in a strange land” while Ariel gets the big “I’m not human” revelation two thirds into the movie.
Rand and Annie are essentially Kyle Reese and that mute girl,
Rook and lancer are the Blair character split into 2. The John Connor character is Jonathan Wolfe and I kinda rewrote it such that rook, lancer and lunk are already with the resistance under Wolfe.

Another adaptation I’ll be interested in is inhumanoids.
I envision it as being similar to live action iron man vs transformers though except replace the deceptions with the inhumanoids, redesigned to be sleeker and meaner of course. A small rewrite is that the movie will detail the formation of the earth corp and the creation of their mech suits, which will be redesigned too.

Posted: 30 October 2012 06:11 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  4191
Joined  2001-02-16

but I don’t think I can get that cerebral in my writing.

Keep in mind that you wouldn’t necessarily need to know all the technical details, you can always hire others to hammer that stuff out.  Plot and script are gonna be the main concerns, sciency stuff can be guesstimated to a point.

Signature 

She’s speechless! -The Missing Link

She? -B.O.B.

Yes. We are in the prescence of the rare female monster. -Dr. Cockroach P.H.D.

No way! It’s a boy; look at his boobies! -B.O.B.

We need to have a talk. -The Missing Link

MSFC

Posted: 18 October 2019 12:33 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2019-10-18

I surely wish to write a nice thing about anime show and wanted to want the show with my girlfriend and with her family though but I dont know much about writing and skills.
so I used to follow up the https://www.assignmentholic.co.uk/our-services/assignment/ for the few updates which can make the shows more interesting.
I would like to know how many would watch it?

Posted: 09 March 2020 05:38 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2020-03-09

Creating animation has always been very interesting, it’s always something new that can surprise a person.
Visit my site: https://www.gameflashspinswelcome.com

Signature 

Wish to talk about on your own? You’ll be interested. https://www.gameflashspinswelcome.com