Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
BUBBLE GUM CRISIS NEW VS. OLD
Posted: 20 February 2001 03:08 PM  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1665
Joined  2001-02-17

What do you guys think of the old BGC compared to the new BGC 2040?

Signature 

Chalmers: Okay, what did you do to this?
Wolff: Emergency repair procedure number one.
Chalmers: You kicked it?“The gutter in here is wide and deep… and all seem to be in it…”-HT

Posted: 20 February 2001 03:33 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2001-01-30

But I think it’s pretty good, but in a way that the two really can’t be compared.  The two BGC series are so different from each other, it’d be pointless trying to compare them.

Signature 

“When they ran out of ships, they used guns.  When they ran out of guns, they used knives and sticks and their bare hands.  They were magnificent.”

Posted: 20 February 2001 06:04 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2001-02-15

I have seen the 2040 complete and I would have to go with the original, much more characters and better plot

Posted: 20 February 2001 08:23 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2001-02-16

I have not seen much of 2040, but I have all of the original.  I msut say I rpefer the original.  I think it is jsut more fun, and I liekt he music mroe.

Signature 

Rats line On nO evil staR

Posted: 20 February 2001 08:32 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2001-01-30

It’s not really good trying to compare them.

As I said in the old, old post about this, it all depends on personal taste.  A review for Anime Jump despises the original BGC, but really likes 2040.

Signature 

“When they ran out of ships, they used guns.  When they ran out of guns, they used knives and sticks and their bare hands.  They were magnificent.”

Posted: 21 February 2001 01:50 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2001-02-16

The original was a classic, but they wanted to appeal to the younger generation, so they decided to lengthen the series, update the character design, and try to appeal to the younger audience.  It has nothing to do with the original series, it was starting over from scratch, so to speak.  They changed the date because they liked the idea of the story taking place 30 years in the future.

On a more personal note…

I’m sorry, but BGC 2040 Sucked.  The original was so much better, story, development, character design.  I can’t stand the way the characters look in 2040.

Signature 

If it ain’t broke, fix it ‘til it IS!

Posted: 21 February 2001 03:29 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  273
Joined  2001-02-20

I like the new ones better..

Posted: 21 February 2001 07:21 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2001-02-21

And an Eighties sound that gave ghostbusters a run for it’s money… long live the ORIGINAL!

And Vision, must I go on

if I have to, Leon and Daley rocked so much more back then.

Posted: 22 February 2001 02:31 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2001-02-16

Leon just looks OLD in the new ones.  That’s not cool…

Signature 

If it ain’t broke, fix it ‘til it IS!

Posted: 01 March 2001 11:33 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2001-02-16

The big reason for the difference is that the orignal creator was not part of the making of BGC: Tokyo 2040.  He was tired of all the hassles of loss of funding, lawsuits and fights over the rights of the program.  The reason for Bubblegum Crash was to wrap up the series, but due to low quality animatiom and the fact it was done in three epsoides people felt disappointed.

When ADV bought the right,  they tried to get the orignal creator, but he refused to work on the new series.  So, that is why the major changes.

Now, I perfer BGC: Tokyo 2040.  I have seen pic and description of the orignal characters.  From what I saw or the orignal Linna, she seemed to look alittle empty headed.  Also, by making her an office worker they use her to represent the common person.  What did with Nene, showed how technology has changed by making her an expert computer hacker.

I can’t say anything about Sylia and Priss, because I haven’t found that much about them.

So comparing the two series is impossible, it just comes down to which one you saw first.  If that is the case I have to go with Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040.

So, there is your answer.

Signature 

Nothing can scare me, because I have been to the WastelanD!

As the Guardian of the 3rd Realm, I am charged with the lonely and most deadlist of task, watching over the WastelanD!