Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
 < 1 2
2 of 2
Did any Zentradi besides Myria have kids?
Posted: 21 September 2017 06:00 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2017-08-10

It’s been awhile since I read the novels, but didn’t Breetai have a child? I think his name was Drannin.

Signature 

I’m not build quite as weakly as you.

Posted: 19 July 2018 04:12 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  960
Joined  2003-07-02

This and that argument vs those arguments over there and then there’s that theory vs that theory and so on and so forth.

One thing can be made clear…

Zentraedi loved Human culture!

As they got used to it and began settling down, trying to figure their paths out in life, there are good chances that many began to do things that would eventually result in children.

No doubt they would have been frightened at first. Confused as hell no doubt. They would be out of their depth and don’t even get me started on how they could even remotely begin figuring out the concept of a Family.

In the end, Zentraedi children and Human/Zentraedi Children would have started to be born. Given enough time and decreasing issues, the inevitable intermarriage would have caused pure Human and Zentraedi to vanish. In their place would be, as one author over on Fan Fiction dot net has noted, Terran.

Which would take a few centuries, no doubt. You can’t wipe out anything like that, short of hunting them to extinction.

So we can write that one off.

In the novels, it’s implied and then stated that a single individual was able to barren all Zentraedi and begin wiping them out. But those that left with the Expedition, survived to regrow their population through natural means.

The reason for this individual, who was it? Zand?

Zand’s actions was to become the next Robotech Master and so he needed a means to achieve this and so Dana, as the first, was his ticket to godhood.

And is the highest load of BS I can imagine.

Welp! Got work. More later.

Signature 

“It is not advise that you eject over an area you have just bombed.” US Air Force Manual"Tracers work both ways.” US Army Manual"If the enemy is in range, so are you.” US Army Manual"To think is to die in a dogfight.” My Manual

Posted: 19 July 2018 11:10 PM   [ # 18 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  960
Joined  2003-07-02

Okay back and very tired.

Again, Zand wanted only ONE Zentraedi/Human Hybrid to see himself become essentially a god. No other way to put it. So let’s call the Novel’s explanation BS. Especially, as no matter how connected Zand would have been, even he couldn’t ensure the sterilization of all Zentraedi significantly enough and in time to have only Dana be born.

Hell, that would create more questions than any one person could hope to cover before something cracked and gave them away.

Now, it’s also possible to argue their might have been a gender imbalance and a lot of cultural issues. The Zentraedi were still learning and there would have been a lot of issues between Human and Zentraedi at the time. Furthermore, most Zentraedi are indicated to be male with an extremely few being female. As such, that can be factored in as well.

But!

With time, that could have changed.

Honestly, I cannot see Dana being the only Zentraedi, even ignoring the fact her father is a Human, to be born within that timeframe.

I would even go as far as to say, that it was entirely possible that Dana was not the first Zentraedi child born.

But rather, Dana was the first Human/Zentraedi child born.

It’s an argument worth noting. Worth looking into. And worth discussing.

Signature 

“It is not advise that you eject over an area you have just bombed.” US Air Force Manual"Tracers work both ways.” US Army Manual"If the enemy is in range, so are you.” US Army Manual"To think is to die in a dogfight.” My Manual

< 1 2
2 of 2