Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Invid Prince/Princess bonuses, is this right?
Posted: 29 January 2012 10:28 PM  
Private
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2006-08-22

I have acquired the new Next Generation source book and am quit pleased with what I’ve read so far. However one thing I am not quite clear on. Now it lists the Invids innate combat bonuses (which make up for no MOS) in addition to physical skills and you’re own characters anural abilities. However underneath this block is another two blocks which seem to say you’re bonuses increase to this while piloting ether the Invid Battloid or Overlord. These blocks seem to just repeat the stat blocks that the machines grant there pilots if they had the Mecha Combat Elite skill. Because the Invid’s skill in piloting is a racial trait I am wondering is this bonus separate from the machines (indicating the bonuses double before your own attribute stats come into play) or are they simply restating that since your piloting is innate they have reprinted both machines stats so you do not have to flip throw another book to find them (the combat bonuses stay the same as if the Shadow Chronicles Source Book before your own attribute stats come into play).

To reference see the Invid Prince/Princess entry in the Next Generation Source Book.

Posted: 30 January 2012 05:53 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  3290
Joined  2001-03-13

I am wondering is this bonus separate from the machines (indicating the bonuses double before your own attribute stats come into play) or are they simply restating that since your piloting is innate they have reprinted both machines stats so you do not have to flip throw another book to find them (the combat bonuses stay the same as if the Shadow Chronicles Source Book before your own attribute stats come into play).

Pretty sure it is simply reprinting for convenience.  Palladium does that from time to time.

You may want to post you question in the Palladium Forums, they have a thread dedicated to the topic of nits, questions, and such.

http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=127113

Signature 

Supreme Commander Leonard is an Agent of the Robotech Masters.

Posted: 03 February 2012 10:56 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-02-02

Only the “Elite” (which are stage 5 &6 invids) pilot Invid Battloid or Overlord, so what’s shown on the mecha is what you have for starting out, until you start raseing your skills through game play.

You stated “Now it lists the Invids innate combat bonuses (which make up for no MOS) in addition to physical skills and you’re own characters anural abilities.” does the gameing system show the stat.s for the stage 4 Invids?

Posted: 04 February 2012 12:02 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2006-08-22

No the Stage 4 do not have stats that I can see.

Now to try and clarify what I am asking I will post hypothetical stats (these are not real just an example)

You’re Invid Battloid gives let’s say a + 7 to dodge when piloting ok.

Your Stage 5 has a Physical Prowess of 22 so you get a +4 to dodge.

Now under the Invid Prince/Princess entry in the Next Generation sourcebook it gives you the stage 5 OCC or RCC bonuses (I can’t remember if its OCC or RCC) which it states increases to the exact same bonus stat block as what’s printed under the Invid Battloid in the Shadow Chronicles Sourcebook (i.e. a further +7 to dodge).

what I am trying to discern is whether or not the state increases listed under the character block in the Next Generation sourcebook is a different increase that is added with everything else (example 1: +7+4+7 = +18 to dodge) or since it is an exact copy of the bonuses listed under the machine in the Shadow Chronicles Sourcebook is it a reprint stating her are your bonuses as if you had the Elite Mecha Combat skill for this machine (Invid are born knowing how to operate these things)  and not a completely new set of bonuses to be added in addition to everything else (example 2: 7+4 = +11 to dodge).

Posted: 07 February 2012 11:52 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  220
Joined  2005-12-03

sounds like a discussion to have with your GM to try to sort out which way you would go (house rules). If you are a GM talk to your players and try the method that you like the best,

personally i would treat it as a reprint for convenience.

As mentioned earlier have a look at the Palladium Forums to see if someone has a more exact answer.

Hope this helped

Signature 

to ere is human

‹‹ Robotech RPG      Android Games ››