Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
‹ First  < 2 3 4
4 of 4
What are we teaching our kids (NO POLITICS)
Posted: 06 July 2011 01:25 PM   [ # 46 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  5686
Joined  2007-04-08

It’s not the testing so much as the teaching methods.  OK, so the bubble you fill in is :states rights:... why?  Not because that was the DIRECT cause, not because the others are INDIRECT causes, but simply because teacher said so.  Teacher could claim the Civil War was caused by Michael Jackson’s underwear and the kids would accept it.

Signature 

If it ain’t in the Robotech show itself… It didn’t neccessarily happen.

Thanks, Carl Macek, for introducing me to all these folks.  Even the ones who bug me.

Posted: 10 February 2020 12:55 AM   [ # 47 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2020-02-10

Math, science, Chinese, and English are all considered very important subjects in China. So much so that extra schooling in these subjects is offered at cram school in the evening and on weekends. On Saturdays, too, morning math and science classes are compulsory at many schools. Besides these subjects, history, literature, music, art, and physical education are all taught. It is considered very important that pupils get a completely rounded education and there is an entrance exam to determine whether pupils are qualified to go on to high school education.

Attitude toward schooling in China is very positive. Scholars are greatly revered. For many children education begins at the age of three. Pupils study for approximately ten hours a day and parents believe that study is more important than all other essay help online activities, including helping in the household. During their high school years there is great competition and the ‘gaokao,’ or National University Entrance Examinations, are taken in the summer to decide who will enter university the following year. The whole family encourages scholarship in the child, and in many cases parents will sell their house and go into debt to put their child through university.

There are over 220,000 foreigners studying in China and there are many scholarships offered for students who wish to attend university in China. The Chinese government has set up scholarships and sponsorship schemes to encourage foreign students to study and undertake research in many of their institutes of higher education. There are institutions with allocations especially designated for foreign students in all different fields of study ranging from science and technology, medicine, management, liberal arts philosophy, and many more. Furthermore the cost of living is favorable to international students and the fees for schooling in China are still relatively low.

Schooling in China is a serious subject which plays an important role in society there. Increased economic growth has improved opportunities for the Chinese and for international students alike. Many Chinese students are given the opportunity to study abroad. Likewise, the Chinese government welcomes international students to continue their education in China. There is a genuine interest in spreading Chinese culture, and education is one of the ways to increase understanding between China and other civilizations.

Posted: 05 April 2020 12:11 PM   [ # 48 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2020-04-05

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty blog with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great blog. Good luck to the author! all the best!Fine information, many thanks to the author. It is puzzling to me now, but in general, the usefulness and importance is overwhelming. Very much thanks again and best of luck!

Posted: 22 April 2020 10:42 PM   [ # 49 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2020-04-06

I don’t quite understand what exactly you are trying to do after so many years that have passed, but it’s great enough. It seems that I have been changing my house for a long time, and for the last few years, I have begun to work on arranging a smart home. This is an extremely hellish thing if you want to do well. Take a look at https://axonim.com/works.html. This site helps a little if you do not understand what it is about)

Posted: 23 April 2020 07:12 PM   [ # 50 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  987
Joined  2002-03-10

I’m a teacher here in Japan teaching English. It can be fun and at times frustrating but that’s life in general. Hehe.

My main gripe is how real communication skills and thinking are not having more time in classes vs the grammar parts of learning English here in Japan.

Signature 

1st Lt: Apollo “Solo”
Demon #5
105th Airwing
Demon Squadron

72nd Airwing Dragon Squadron
2nd Lieutenant Solo
Dragon 5
Red Flight

Rear Admiral: Solo
Darkness 10
Legion of Darkness