Password   forgot password?
 < 1 2
2 of 2
Hollywood Dumps ‘America’ From New ‘Captain America’ Film
Posted: 27 February 2011 01:01 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  259
Joined  2001-02-16

Hollywood strike again, in the new Thor movie they want a black person to play Heimdall, the ironic thing is that Heimdall is known as Heimdall the white or the white Æsir :rofl:

Posted: 27 February 2011 05:54 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  19930
Joined  2004-01-13

THIS one is just stupid. -_-

Signature 

SCRT.com Girl’s Club:
I   am…“PEACHES!!”

MM Triumvirate!!

That Guy…of the Dark Fin.

Official RT.Com BOBA FETT

AITTTC-MOTCZ!!

Posted: 27 February 2011 11:37 PM   [ # 18 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  2099
Joined  2003-06-18

I dont agree with droping the “America” but I do see the funny side to it.

Hollywood has a history of Americanizing stuff - making things American instead of what they shuold be in a story. It makes me laugh to see the shoe on the other foot.

Signature 

The Original, Rick Hunter.

Posted: 28 February 2011 02:57 AM   [ # 19 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  11312
Joined  2003-09-16

Hollywood strike again, in the new Thor movie they want a black person to play Heimdall, the ironic thing is that Heimdall is known as Heimdall the white or the white Æsir

What, they want to complain that Idris Elba (a black man) is playing Heimdall, but no complaints of Hogun being played by Tadanobu Asano (a Japanese man)?!  -_-

Signature 

“Nothing’s difficult, everything’s a challenge.  Through adversity to the stars. To the last plane, to the last bullet to the last men to the last minute, we fight!  We fight!!  We fight!!! WE FIGHT!!  WE FIGHT!!!”

Posted: 28 February 2011 01:01 PM   [ # 20 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  259
Joined  2001-02-16

I do not complain I only think it is ironic, I will see the move and hope to enjoy it as a good action move and not as a failed history of Viking deitys. But it will be more ironic then Hollywood realise that they based there character Heimdall on the Viking deity who created the “black” to be the slaves…. 

about Hogun…not based on a old Viking deity and my own intreppetin of the few comic I have read about him make me believe that he is more a east/orient guy then a scandinavian….

But in the end can Kingpin be black so can Heimdall…..

Posted: 18 October 2020 09:34 PM   [ # 21 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2019-11-18

I have never watched the movie of captain America series though as there is a big chance of getting a spoiler in term of making it a big situation to anybody though and you can only go for the essay writing services online to get more details in term of making a great ideas but relaxing also can be solved on the basis of making new turns.

< 1 2
2 of 2