Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Version available on Hulu/Netflix
Posted: 21 November 2010 04:43 PM  
Private 1st Class
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2001-02-16

Does anyone know whether the episodes available at Hulu.com and Netflix.com are the Robotech: Remastered versions? I ask because I just watched “False Start” from the Masters Saga and there was a brief scene of Dana naked in the shower, which obviously was not in the original version broadcast in 1985.

I watched all of the Macross Saga on Hulu.com last year and do not recall any nudity although I have read there is a shower scene with Minmei. But it has been so long since I saw the episodes that I wouldn’t be able to catch any other “unedited footage” restored for the Robotech: Remastered versions.

I tried searching the forums but couldn’t find the answer. Thanks.

Signature 

The darkness is calling…will you respond?

Posted: 21 November 2010 07:46 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  994
Joined  2009-07-22

Yes, the version being aired on Hulu and NetFlix is the Remastered-Extended version. And there is indeed much nudity, more obviously in The Masters. I think the only explicit nudity in The Macross Saga was Minmei’s ep 4 shower scene, though there are more under-toned sensual moments like Roy once “startin’ something” with Claudia and Lisa casually changing out of her shirt. The New Generation really only has a couple key scenes with nudity, though they’re very memorable~

Gotta wonder just how the Protoculture set and web presentations of said eps have gotten a simple PG rating…  ^_^

Signature 

“May God help you indeed, mister. But me, I’ve got places to be!”

Posted: 14 December 2010 12:32 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Private 1st Class
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2001-02-18

Anyone else notice that episode 44 seems to be hosed?  Only 6 minutes long.  It’s the episode in Masters where they recon the ship.  It looks like episode 45 is fine.  It’s been great watching this, because I’ve never seen the remastered versions.

Posted: 14 December 2010 02:31 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2009-07-22

On both Hulu and NetFlix? Try it on YouTube, you’ll get the full 23 minutes of the episode. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egd9P6grQQA

Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2010 11:03 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Private 1st Class
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2001-02-18

I’m watching on Netflix via the Wii.  Good tip on the Hulu and/our Youtube though!

Posted: 15 January 2011 04:17 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-01-15

does any1 here think harmony gold will ever release robotech the untold story on dvd or will i just have to remeber how it goes cause i think its a good movie ^_^

Posted: 15 January 2011 05:41 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2009-07-22

I seriously doubt it’ll ever get a release. For one thing, Harmony Gold doesn’t even have the rights to Megazone 23 anymore, so even if they wanted to, they can’t release a product that has to do with its source material. Much like Carl Macek had, they’ve also diwsowned just about all ties with it, with almost zero acknowledging of it here on their official site and thus no desire to pursue it.

The American company that did have the rights to Megazone 23, ADV, has gone defunct, divided into various sub-companies and the current rights-holders to Megazone 23 is anyone’s guess.

Signature 

Posted: 30 July 2020 12:06 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-07-29

Netflix is too common nowadays everyone watches Netflix in their leisure time so that they spent their time well essaywritinglab review gathers information about reteach and Netflix.

Posted: 01 March 2021 01:36 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Private
Joined  2021-03-01

Thank you for the read. Honestly you covered the topic and broadly examined all areas. If i was to write this i would have done a few things differently myself but you have definitely inspired me to get into the world of blogging. Thanks heaps for the post i really appreciate it. Have a good day and keep blogging https://sites.google.com/view/best10essaywritingservices