Password   forgot password?
 < 1 2
2 of 2
Harmony Gold’s blocking of the reboot of Mech Warrior Series
Posted: 29 September 2009 12:14 AM   [ # 16 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  9981
Joined  2001-07-03

PROMOTE OR USE THOSE IMAGES/DESIGNS FOR A PROJECT.

Signature 

IF IT DOESN’T EXIST…..HECK, BUILD IT.

I “THE GOOD AND TRUE”, A SUPERMAN COMPLEX

L.A. ANIME EXPO-CON HERE I COME.
SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON HERE I COME

72ND AIRWING DRAGON SQUADRON
CPL. M.“MEMO” DOMINION
DRAGON 9

Posted: 29 September 2009 02:10 AM   [ # 17 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-09-27

Then that makes HG’s action’s so weak to public and other communities out there then. if they want to blame a company for this BLAME microsoft. They added fuel back to the Fire. Mektek was given the rights to make mods for Mw4 Mercs and its license if i recall correctly. HG can try to make a move on that and they can get punched in the nose lol.

Posted: 01 October 2009 02:51 AM   [ # 18 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2004-05-03

Don`t forget the legal aspect of this,Apparently the new owners of Battletech (mainly core group of original FASA guys anyway) got notified on the quiet about the use of the mecha. They were able to switch around (yea even though some production stuff was underway) & rectifie this. SO I say HG actually were NOT the big Bad Wolf in this case.
As for the Battletech,MechWarrior,Macross & RT franchises. I LOVE them all for different reasons.  Here`s hoping everything goes smoothly for the future on each franchise.

Signature 

Death to ALL Invaders.

Posted: 01 October 2009 08:31 AM   [ # 19 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2005-01-13

A fee sharing arrangement wont only benefit the game producers but it will provide 2 other things….1.It will create renewed interest into things Mecha and thus the Robotech/Macross brand and two provide funds for either shareholders or product development. I dont think you need business school to realise this!! What a pity. “American” logic??

Posted: 02 October 2009 10:11 AM   [ # 20 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  9981
Joined  2001-07-03

Mektek was given the rights to make mods for Mw4 Mercs and its license if i recall correctly. HG can try to make a move on that and they can get punched in the nose lol.

NOT SURE BUT WHAT MECHS?

IF I REMEMBER AND NOW THE WAY HG IS GOING ABOUT IT. SOMEONE PLAYED FASA AND THE REST OF THE GUYS SELLING RGHTS THEY NEVER HAD BACK IN THE DAY. IMAGINE THAT? SOMEONE COMES IN ACTING LIKE THEY HAVE THE RIGHTS AND YEARS LATER FIND OUT THEY SPENT MILLIONS UP TO ROYALTIES TO SAID PERSON TO FIND OUT THAT THEY NEVER HAD THE RIGHTS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

STEEL BONNET IS RIGHT.
HG IS NOT THE BIG BAD WOLF.

THAT GUY WHO SOLD THE RIGHTS IS LAUGHING SOMEWHERE OUT THERE WITH MONEY IN HIS POCKET. AND SAD FOR MECH FANS THAT DON KNOW WHAT HAPPEN OR WHATS GOING ON, THEY SHOULD, OR TRY TO TALK TO TH ENEW DEVELOPERS TO MAKE DEALS WITH HG.

FANS, LIKE ME, SHOULD HAVE WRITE TO THE NEW DEVELOPERS AND TELL THEM TO GET OFF THEIR BACKS AND SINCE THEY NOW KNOW WHO REALLY OWN THE RIGHTS AND CUT A DEAL. THAT THEY SHOULD NOT BE THE ONES TO WAIT ON HG. SINCE THE DEVELOPERS ARE THE ONE WHO WANT TO MAKE THE GAME.

SINCE THEY DON’T HAVE A PUBLISHING COMPANY YET, TO AT LEAST HAVE OPEN TALKS AND WHEN THE PUBLISHER COMES IN TO AT LEAST USE SOME OF THAT MONEY TO BUY THE RIGHTS.

LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

Signature 

IF IT DOESN’T EXIST…..HECK, BUILD IT.

I “THE GOOD AND TRUE”, A SUPERMAN COMPLEX

L.A. ANIME EXPO-CON HERE I COME.
SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON HERE I COME

72ND AIRWING DRAGON SQUADRON
CPL. M.“MEMO” DOMINION
DRAGON 9

Posted: 17 October 2009 07:39 AM   [ # 21 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2004-05-03

The American way of Lawyers first common sence later. Come on we all know it boils down to lawyers who have only one vested interest (like politicians) there own bank balance.

Signature 

Death to ALL Invaders.

Posted: 17 October 2009 11:57 AM   [ # 22 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  4878
Joined  2005-01-03

It’s not just money the politicians are wanting, it’s control/power.

I read a statement that was by one of the guys involved that said the reason they were opposing legislature was to make the opposing party look bad. That’s right, no concern at all for the people they received votes from.

The glut of lawyers will continue until it isn’t as profitable to be one, it’s as simple as that. The smart people go where the money is, historically.

Signature 

A WW2 101st Airborne received a letter from the IRS. He’d be thrown in jail if he didn’t pay. He stuffed an envelope with all the $ he had. “If the IRS promises to throw me in jail, then by God come and get me!” he wrote. Never heard from them again.

Posted: 29 October 2009 08:20 PM   [ # 23 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1255
Joined  2001-02-16

It isn’t very good business to have another franchise using your designs alongside your own products. It just gets confusing for the demographic and splits the revenue. If HG is serious about Robotech then they shouldn’t let other companies use the same designs as them.

Signature 

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and asked for forgiveness. -Emo Philips, comedian (1956- )

Posted: 04 November 2009 02:45 AM   [ # 24 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2005-01-13

“Subject: Robotech Miniatures to go along with the new RPG (it would be awesome) PETITION “

Posted: 05 November 2009 04:39 PM   [ # 25 ]  
Private
Joined  2009-09-27

http://www.animecrazy.net/battletech-anime/ The mechwarrior series was released in 1984. 1 year before HG came in and brought robotech in. Battletech didnt carry mechs from robotech saga or the SDF-1 and didnt fight unknown aliens. Whole different concept.

I dont understand. Why would HG harm anything mechwarrior related and not anything else like the Gundam series which hold certain things like the robotech series carry. What is HG trying to do with mechwarrior. Destroy it? as a fan of both mechwarrior and robotech thats somthing i do not want to see. if you look into these things you can notice something on it like i noticed.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/29/source-mechwarrior-movie-in-development-at-eisners-tornante/

Btw Why is HG butting in on this. Eisner bought the license for it AND its not carrying robotech designs. OUCH. I heard from the IGN that robotech’s staff said that mechwarrior is ripping off robotech. Geez what a lame thing to say. What if i had said that robotech is ripping off mechwarrior then there would be some fight brawl or somthing lol. If they are ripping off robotech why is the gundam series ripping them off too lol. It dosnt make sense. Very complicated.

btw MEMO1DOMINION. 1 mektek got the license from Microsoft. 2 HG dosnt have the right to do anyting to them because the software dosnt belong to HG. 3… turn your caps off when you post next time will ya? lol

Heres alittle something you should see that ppl still do in Mechwarrior 4 online.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=100114568

Posted: 05 November 2009 05:03 PM   [ # 26 ]  
Private
Joined  2009-09-27

FASA had kept those robotech mechs OUT of existance after the Mechwarrior2 31st Century Combat for the PC was released. They didnt put them in MW2 Ghost Bear’s Legacy Expansion or Mw2 Mercenaries. Mircrosoft didnt put them in their Mechwarrior 4 games either. If you look at that they havnt done anything wrong since then.

Posted: 28 November 2009 04:39 PM   [ # 27 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  161
Joined  2004-10-13

I have to agree that this deal between Mechwarrior and Robotech is pretty silly.  But, there are these things called Copyright laws which is supposed to protect intellectual properties from anyone but the authors and their “licensed” parties from misusing those properties (and making a profit without contributing credit to the legal owner). 

Back in the 1980’s FASA illegally acquired the properties of the mecha designs featured in Robotech and Macross.  Since Harmony Gold “purchased” the use of those mecha designs legally, they were correct in filing lawsuits against FASA.  FASA took those mecha designs and created their own product (Battletech/Mechwarrior).

I’m not Battletech hating because the storyline and their ORIGINAL mecha designs are on this side of awesome (especially the Mad Cat Omnimech), the what FASA did with the Macross mecha was a downright blatant and obscene example of Copyright infringement.

Signature 

We can’t stop here!!!  This is bat country!  Raul Duke (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)

Posted: 22 May 2024 04:28 AM   [ # 28 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  4734
Joined  2022-03-13

I am very pleased to discover this web page. I want to tell you thx for your effort in providing this amazing read! I certainly enjoyed it and I have you book-marked to follow new issues you post. بازی انفجار با تتر

< 1 2
2 of 2