Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Would Superman be able to resist to a nuclear explosion?
Posted: 30 July 2009 10:29 AM  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2007-11-03

Imagine Superman holding a small nuclear bomb in his
hands.If the bomb blew up,would the explosion kill
him?
It would probably hurt him but I don’t think it would kill him.

Signature 

These endless days are finally ending in the blaze. (Buffy the vampire slayer)

Posted: 30 July 2009 11:44 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  11032
Joined  2003-04-09

well.. In Kingdom come,... he did.

Signature 

Dark Fin “Sprinkler of Fixins”“"Freedom of speech doesn’t protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate.”“Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

Posted: 30 July 2009 04:43 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2008-09-27

All I knew about nuke is that not only radiation is there, there is also flash out (vaporize human and leave shadows behind).

Signature 

Left, Right, Left….ARRGHH [Splat!]
-call of duty: modern warfare 2 mountain mission

Posted: 30 July 2009 05:34 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2003-04-09

as a matter of fact, he was the ONLY superhuman in that fracas to survive a direct nuclear blast. (there were a few others protected by Green Lantern’s ring shield)

Signature 

Dark Fin “Sprinkler of Fixins”“"Freedom of speech doesn’t protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate.”“Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

Posted: 30 July 2009 08:35 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2009-07-23

I agree that it would hurt like hell but I think he would survive. Maybe be blind for the rest of his life because of the flash but he wouldn’t die. I mean come on hes superman

Posted: 30 July 2009 08:37 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1623
Joined  2001-02-16

He stops a nuke. It hurts, but he heals.

Signature 

Team Southern Cross!

Posted: 30 July 2009 08:52 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  1953
Joined  2001-02-16

An extra little bit of radiation shouldn’t even bother him that much.

Signature 

Banned For Trolling

Posted: 30 July 2009 09:13 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2003-04-09

Maybe be blind for the rest of his life because of the flash but he wouldn’t die.

all the nuke did in Kingdom come was REALLY piss him off.

Signature 

Posted: 30 July 2009 09:25 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  11313
Joined  2003-09-16

all the nuke did in Kingdom come was REALLY piss him off.

I’ve read Kingdom Come, and that nuke didn’t “REALLY piss him off.”

It REALLY REALLY PISSED HIM OFF.
:101:

Signature 

“Nothing’s difficult, everything’s a challenge.  Through adversity to the stars. To the last plane, to the last bullet to the last men to the last minute, we fight!  We fight!!  We fight!!! WE FIGHT!!  WE FIGHT!!!”

Posted: 30 July 2009 10:25 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  4191
Joined  2001-02-16

well.. In Kingdom come,... he did.

But he wasn’t holding it or anything, Captain Marvel tossed him down to the ground then detonated it high in the atmosphere.

As Darth Mimic mentioned, he did stop one in The Dark Knight Returns, and it messed him up pretty good.  Though I think that could just be Frank Miller wanting to see Superman getting roughed up.

Signature 

She’s speechless! -The Missing Link

She? -B.O.B.

Yes. We are in the prescence of the rare female monster. -Dr. Cockroach P.H.D.

No way! It’s a boy; look at his boobies! -B.O.B.

We need to have a talk. -The Missing Link

MSFC

Posted: 30 July 2009 10:31 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  11313
Joined  2003-09-16

High in the atmosphere was just several thousand feet away.  So at a distance of several thousand feet away, the only result was getting on his bad side.

Besides, if he can survive at the core of a star, then I think it’s a safe bet he can survive a nuke (which is significantly cooler and darker).

Signature 

“Nothing’s difficult, everything’s a challenge.  Through adversity to the stars. To the last plane, to the last bullet to the last men to the last minute, we fight!  We fight!!  We fight!!! WE FIGHT!!  WE FIGHT!!!”

Posted: 30 July 2009 10:44 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

if he can survive at the core of a star

But it depends on the star.  A yellow star powers him up, whereas a red star kills him.

Signature 

She? -B.O.B.

MSFC

Posted: 30 July 2009 11:49 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Private 1st Class
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2006-10-01

I remember an episode of Lois & Clark (cheeseball stuff I know) where he was only a few feet away from a nuke that was blown up in his face in a cave.  He was fine, but the problem was it left him radioactive and unable to go near anyone without killing them.  I guess overall though, it may depend on the incarnation.

Posted: 03 August 2009 09:52 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  2931
Joined  2003-09-29

I think it would hurt him, but definately not kill him.

Signature 

85er 4 Life!!!!

Sith rule!

“Two there should be;no more,no less. One to embody the power,the other to crave it.” Darth Bane"Know your enemy.Know yourself.” Sun-Tzu"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?”

Posted: 04 August 2009 07:01 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  4878
Joined  2005-01-03

According to the comics, Supe gets stronger by soaking up M type solar energy. So, the older he gets the stronger he gets. Thing is, Kingdom Come kinda takes place in a alternate reality of sorts, one that wasn’t expanded upon by Marvel (to my knowledge).

One would think he has a good shot at survival WITHOUT being older as in Kingdom Come, but that might mean he would be permanently crippled or severely hurt at least.

Signature 

A WW2 101st Airborne received a letter from the IRS. He’d be thrown in jail if he didn’t pay. He stuffed an envelope with all the $ he had. “If the IRS promises to throw me in jail, then by God come and get me!” he wrote. Never heard from them again.

Posted: 05 August 2009 10:50 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

Thing is, Kingdom Come kinda takes place in a alternate reality of sorts, one that wasn’t expanded upon by Marvel (to my knowledge).

Well, you’re right, Marvel didn’t expand upon it.  DC did though, in a series called The Kingdom.

Signature 

She? -B.O.B.

MSFC