Password   forgot password?
 < 1 2 3
3 of 3
What was the original zor like?
Posted: 25 November 2008 09:37 PM   [ # 31 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-02-23

I need to finnish rewatching the masters to see if musica’s sisters lost the synth when the masters started throwing the clones out into space, but Im pertty positve that they did and karno kept his synth.

Signature 

Today Rick Hunter was shot down trying to fly his bicycle to the moon.

Posted: 26 November 2008 02:37 AM   [ # 32 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  590
Joined  2004-04-09

...the Masters knew Zor was a loose cannon, right?

Although they required the information regarding the secret of deriving Protoculture from the FOL, you would think they KNEW Zor would wake up… and immediately say, “Thanks, now I have another chance to obliterate you crusty, old, greedy farts!”

How did they think they were going to “control him” this time around?  Were they that desperate?

Signature 

Founder of the “BRING BACK ZOR” league of 85er’s

Posted: 26 November 2008 06:13 AM   [ # 33 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  853
Joined  2002-05-23

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. Are you saying that Zor was a traitor because his experiments allowed the Masters to create their clone society while (they possibly) ignored the free people? Or that Zor is a traitor because he went against what his society had become?

i dare say he is a trator because he went against his society (in this situation it doesn’t realy matter what his society had become). And as far as i remember the Masters called him trator and Zor didn’t deny the fact… He was the trator from the very begining - that’s why Masters tried to control his personality.

but the questions are: what was the main reason of his betrayal? Why he went against his own people and denied his own creations? What was his “personal civilisation” when and what way it was destroied?  :(

Signature 

I’m sorry for my bad english. sometimes i cannot say everything i want another time nobody understands what i’v said.

Posted: 29 March 2018 03:40 AM   [ # 34 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2004-04-09
Scientist - 19 November 2008 07:53 AM

I have been saying for a while that a “prequel” as such would be great way to expand the franchise. 

There is a great many questions that the new Harmony Gold people can answer in their “new” way (after having relinquished us of so many ideas we held closely for so long!)

The expansion of the Zor story arc is pleading to be told.  I think he would make a tip-top character to develop and really get Robotech booming again.

We know HG have the rights to the Regiss (?), so get the two of them together… a big fresh bunch of life-flowers… a tub of green goo… and let them go for it.

Zor is an integral part of the Robotech legend… past, ever present, and future.

I stand by the above idea… Harmony Gold - hint, hint… wink

Signature 

Posted: 29 March 2018 07:02 AM   [ # 35 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1114
Joined  2002-02-21
Scientist - 29 March 2018 03:40 AM

I have been saying for a while that a “prequel” as such would be great way to expand the franchise. 

There is a great many questions that the new Harmony Gold people can answer in their “new” way (after having relinquished us of so many ideas we held closely for so long!)

The expansion of the Zor story arc is pleading to be told.  I think he would make a tip-top character to develop and really get Robotech booming again.

We know HG have the rights to the Regiss (?), so get the two of them together… a big fresh bunch of life-flowers… a tub of green goo… and let them go for it.

It would be awesome to see an expansion of Zor’s story, before or after. I know he was supposedly to be brought back for the Shadow Rising story arc which could have been awesome. I’d love to see prequel material about the original Zor.

Signature 

“I hear the revolver go off, but what the hell, it’s 5pm, and not my problem…”
“U P Telephony? I P Urine!”

Posted: 30 March 2018 02:16 AM   [ # 36 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2004-04-09
Focus Fate - 29 March 2018 07:02 AM

It would be awesome to see an expansion of Zor’s story, before or after. I know he was supposedly to be brought back for the Shadow Rising story arc which could have been awesome. I’d love to see prequel material about the original Zor.

That would have been totes rad.  If the original Zor would make a comeback…

This character is really unique to Carl Macek’s original story-plan and provides such an interesting and beautiful opportunity for Harmony Gold to get an original story going while remaining true to the core of the RT franchise and historicity.

Signature 

Posted: 30 March 2018 05:44 AM   [ # 37 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1114
Joined  2002-02-21
Scientist - 30 March 2018 02:16 AM
Focus Fate - 29 March 2018 07:02 AM

That would have been totes rad.  If the original Zor would make a comeback…

This character is really unique to Carl Macek’s original story-plan and provides such an interesting and beautiful opportunity for Harmony Gold to get an original story going while remaining true to the core of the RT franchise and historicity.

Couldn’t agree more. Well said!

Signature 

“I hear the revolver go off, but what the hell, it’s 5pm, and not my problem…”
“U P Telephony? I P Urine!”

< 1 2 3
3 of 3