Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Toonami is remembered in these articles…
Posted: 08 October 2008 09:57 PM  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  422
Joined  2001-02-15

With Toonami’s run concluded, I’ve been checking around for news and articles on the fallen block. I’ve run across these two new articles that cover Toonami’s effect on its viewers and the anime industry. I found them good reads and could relate to a lot of what was being said:

1.) The Revolution was Televised (PART 1 of 2): The Toonami Generation
http://agoutpost.blogspot.com/2008/10/revolution-was-televised-part-1-of-2.html

2.) The Revolution was Televised (PART 2 of 2): Toonami’s Broader TV Legacy
http://agoutpost.blogspot.com/2008/10/revolution-was-televised-part-2-of-2.html

Posted: 09 October 2008 10:30 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  4009
Joined  2001-08-07

WOW, i remember Moltar, and when they had robotech on, heck that was how i got my first copy of the Masters saga was recording it off of the TV. i still ahve to read the last half but i will ahve to save that for another day.

Signature 

Co-Commander 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Charlie)

The second member of the A.k.L. (Anti-kyle League)

Second Member of the Miriya Sterling Fan Club

Biker of the Dark Fin

Founder of the R.M.C. (Robotech Motorcycle Club)

Posted: 09 October 2008 10:57 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  5932
Joined  2002-01-27

I wish they had stuck with their guns instead of switching to all this truely terrible stuff that was on towards the end.  I used to watch nothing but cartoon network, now I just skip right past it. :(

Signature 

D.O.L. Member
XbL: Treiz Faction
The ORIGINAL meh!!!

Posted: 09 October 2008 12:06 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  767
Joined  2002-04-20

indeed, what happend is anyones geuss :101:

Signature 

Make your life extrordanary

Mike ” Rod ” Kromer
Staff Sargent
Demon 7
105th airwing
Demon Squadren

Mike
Major General
Darkness 3
Legen of darkness

Mike
Caoss 4
Comander
Caoss Squadren

Posted: 09 October 2008 03:09 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  607
Joined  2001-03-09

I didn’t really look around but I’m sure there had to be some kind of press release before the demise.  True, we all knew it was probably inevitable based upon the types of programming and the like but there has to be something, a comment from the execs or a rep from the company.  Or are they just leaving it up to the former audience to come up with their own conclusions…?

Signature 

REGARDS,
YearOfTheMonkey"Experience should fear the strength of youth” Proverb"Rashness brings success to few, misfortune to many”

*Hazukashi ku shinu yori ga mashi* -Kotowaza

“The usefulness of the cup is it’s emptiness” Bruce Lee

Posted: 09 October 2008 04:12 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2001-03-10

it was some corporate decision to do what they did.  They started killing it back when it was still strong.  Its not like it was dieing and they nixed it.  But i’ve never seen an explanation.

Signature 

“The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.”
    - Niels Bohr

Posted: 13 October 2008 07:24 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Private 1st Class
Total Posts:  1121
Joined  2007-12-18

Ahh, Toonami…that takes me back. Those were the days, when I was in junior high and my friend and I used to go over to her house and sack out in front of the TV. I daresay Toonami’s what introduced me to the wider world of anime, although I’m not too sure I wouldn’t have discovered it on my own anyway. B-)

WOW, i remember Moltar, and when they had robotech on,

omg, yeah. :D I remember Moltar, and RT. Y’know, I still have some old Toonami ads on tape from the days of Moltar…if I could just figure out how to get them onto my comp, I’d put them on YouTube.

Signature 

L1s4 H4y3s pwns j00 unl33t n00bs.—Lisa Hayes Fan Club (aka L.I.S.A.)“Lynn Kyle: Keepin’ It In The Family Since 1985.”—K.I.S.S.“Earth: Come for the war, stay for the sex!”

Khyron’s still hot.—K.I.L.L.

Posted: 19 October 2008 02:12 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2008-09-27

Why…Why did they do it? That’s like taking half my life away….. Darn it all.

R.I.P: TOM2

Posted: 24 October 2008 04:55 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  205
Joined  2001-02-18

When aol time warner bought cn They simply wnated to eliminate the compitition and put the crap on it so the kids would go back to the WB owned toons like pokemon

Signature 

vengence for the fallen

Posted: 22 May 2024 05:02 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  4734
Joined  2022-03-13

I do agree with all of the ideas you’ve presented in your post. They’re very convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very short for starters. Could you please extend them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post. بازی انفجار با تتر

Posted: 28 May 2024 01:38 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  4734
Joined  2022-03-13

Quickly this page probably will without doubt maybe always be recognized regarding a lot of websites folks, due to the thoughtful articles or blog posts or perhaps ideas. Wooden]https://chesapeakepallets.com/new-york]Wooden Pallets in New York[/url]

‹‹ Black Jack manga      Knight Rider stinks ››